Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

mc52beast

If Cam is traded will you follow him to a new team?

No. If he is traded then I’ll still pull for him and hope he is successful but I wouldn’t stop being a Panthers fan unless the team moves out of the Carolinas. 

I am not a football fan.  I am a Panthers fan.  That being said, I understand than much of the reason I have still cared about football this decade is because of Cam.

Many sports I use to care about (NASCAR, NHL, NCAA FB) I no longer have any interest in. I never thought I would lose interest in them, but I eventually did.

Should Cam leave this offseason I imagine whatever interest I have in NFL would be scarfed up by soccer the way it has devoured most other sports.

I would like to say that I will still be a Panthers fan without Cam...but I am not willing to pay the little disposable income I make teaching to watch Kyle Allen again.  I would only watch the games broadcast locally, which would likely be the two Bucs games.  Should I go several seasons of watching only two games I imagine it would become like the aforementioned sports that I no longer watch.

I would wish Cam well, but I doubt I follow him.  Outside of the occasional bet I imagine it would be the end of my watching football altogether.

If he goes to Chicago; man, I’d have to get a jersey.

Cam and Tariq Cohen! Greensboro already got a sizable population rocking with the Bears too

Cam has a limited number of years left given his style of play. I am going to hope he plays them for the Panthers and gets healthy. But if not, then we will move on . By we I mean my team. And I would hope the new guy was just as good or better than Cam. Being a fan of a team means that loyalty to the team trumps any  personal loyalties to players. I will always have fine memories of Cam and what he has meant to the team. But nothing is forever and the NFL stands for Not for Long so I will move on just like I did for Smitty  and Peppers and so many more.

I'm not switching teams because of who plays QB. I was born here. If I'm switching teams I might aa well just chose the best team each year. 

It would be of interest to see how he works out.

some weird attitudes in this thread... didn't realize so few people had fond feelings for other teams based on liking players

i'm a panthers fan, period. before cam, after cam. they're the only team i really care about

but cam is my favorite player of all time, and whichever team he goes to, that'll be a team i like and root for in games that have no bearing on the panthers...well, i won't LIKE 'em if it's the saints or pats, but you get the idea.

that's pretty normal, folks. i feel that way about the packers because i like rodgers a lot. i even like the falcons slightly more, or hate them slightly less, because of takk - though obviously i never root for them to win. i like the bears because of tarik. lately i like the jags because of minshew

it doesn't mean i'm gonna MARRY the pack or bears or jags...calm down

id always root for panthers above all else,

but i would keep up to date on how Cam was doing and I would root for him to do well and make us regret giving him away

15 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

That would be like the biggest QB trade in history. I doubt we would get a first much less all the other stuff.

That's because teams don't trade 30 years old franchise QBs that have won league MVPs.

17 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Can we fire Hurney before we use those two second rounders?!

But what if we use those 2 2nd rounders and move back in the 1at round

Then we'll have Hurney 1st round picks!!................that'll be fine, right?  ......Right?!

But yeah, Hurney needs to be kicked back to WFNZ before the offseason starts

20 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Guys on FNZ we’re talking about it this morning, was surprised that so many listeners said they would dump the Panthers and become fans of Cam’s new team regardless of the reason he was traded. 

What are your thoughts

Oh hell no. 

I’d watch his first few games though to see how he comes out of it if they aren’t in scheduling conflict with the panthers. 

Can you imagine if he ended up on the giants, Gettleman was retained and they pick up Rivera. Then proceeded to win a Super Bowl in their first year? 

The server would catch fire. 

Edited by Harbingers