Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Panthers Beat Writer on the current stage in the HC search

Maybe it's just me, but while I've heard a lot of Greg Roman talk from the fans, I haven't heard that much from analysts and beat writers.

Maybe it's because there's so much talk about McDaniels. Don't know.

It is true that if his scheme goes as far as people think it can, it's going to potentially put him at a disadvantage when it comes to head coaching searches.

As an aside, remember when Mike Shula said he wasn't going to be accepting interview requests so he could focus on the team? :)

22 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Agreed. McDaniels is way on the other extreme, imo, in that I think he's on the progressive side that Tepper wants to be. Both are risky options. Both could fail.

McCarthy would be like Ron never left so it would be a status quo fail. McDaniels, though, could explode either way. Huge ceiling with poo tons of potential, but just as much potential for an epic implosion.

If we're going to fail, I'd rather it be on the progressive, experimental side. Given a choice between McCarthy and McDaniels, I'm going to go McDaniels every time.

Yep, I honestly don't want McDaniels but I'd rather fail in attempt to be great rather than fail while trying to make a safe hire.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As an aside, remember when Mike Shula said he wasn't going to be accepting interview requests so he could focus on the team? :)

I think that's what a man says when the phone isn't ringing.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think that's what a man says when the phone isn't ringing.

You didn't think it was noble of him to put the team's best interests before his own? :thinking:

Hard pass on McCarthy, pretty much had one of the greatest QBs i've seen in the modern era and couldn't figure out how to be creative with him at times

Interesting enough, I listened to a PodCast by Adam Schefter yesterday and he had Matt Rhule on as a guest.  The words that came out of Rhule's mouth sounded like Tepper speaking.  Interesting!  You all should check it out!

Quick note as far as interview timelines...

Right now the teams that are expected to have a first round bye in the playoffs are the Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks and Packers.

That affects two of the coaches we're said to be interested in. Josh McDaniels and Greg Roman could both be available for interviews in this scenario.

Kevin Stefanski would not be available until the following week at the earliest, depending on whether his team won or not. Their initial game would be at the Saints.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I try not to remember those days.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I try not to remember those days.

My memory of that era stops at the 2015 NFC Championship. Everything that supposedly happened after that is from an alternate universe.

Side Note: Is it just me or does anybody else feel like 2015 was a lifetime ago?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Side Note: Is it just me or does anybody else feel like 2015 was a lifetime ago?

It was.  I fear it will be a while longer before this team is ready to go back to the SB.

Robert Saleh is my choice. 

But thinking McCarthy or McDaniels will be the HC. 

Would be amazing if we could lure Lincoln Riley away from OU.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick note as far as interview timelines...

Right now the teams that are expected to have a first round bye in the playoffs are the Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks and Packers.

That affects two of the coaches we're said to be interested in. Josh McDaniels and Greg Roman could both be available for interviews in this scenario.

Kevin Stefanski would not be available until the following week at the earliest, depending on whether his team won or not. Their initial game would be at the Saints.

Stefanski suck! Just another Pat Shurmur 2.0

your HC would be Stanski with Shurmur calling plays.