Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

I doubt that our staff will be predominantly Baylor coaches.  I'm sure a couple come over.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

ST Coach: Baylor ST Coach Mike Siravo is also their linebacker coach. An intriguing option could also be Chase Blackburn who was a linebacker on the 2012 Giants roster.

Wait... Chase Blackburn is our current ST Coach and sucks at it.

We are in serious trouble if he really brings in his buddy Phil Snow as DC.

Position coach is one thing, DC would be a huge gamble.

He needs to surround himself with and OC and DC that have years of NFL experience.

I like the Sean Ryan hire.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Wait... Chase Blackburn is our current ST Coach and sucks at it.

Actually Blackburn is really good and one of the few I would like to keep.

• Pie 5

53 minutes ago, mjligon said:

He needs to surround himself with and OC and DC that have years of NFL experience.

we're not in trouble man.   we've now got a dad who can buy our way out of anything.

• Pie 3

55 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Sean Ryan has never called plays but you’re fine with that and not fine with Phil Snow? That seems strange.

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Sean Ryan has never called plays but you’re fine with that and not fine with Phil Snow? That seems strange.

I’m not thrilled by either of these guys but Ryan seems to have more upside. Given that he has actually paved his own way in the league and had success as a QB coach.

All we know about Phil Snow is he was a position coach of the worst team ever, has jumped around from small college to small college and is now following Rhule around.

Just seems extremely lackluster of a hire, especially with the way Voth was hyping his staff up on Twitter yesterday.

16 minutes ago, raz said:

we're not in trouble man.   we've now got a dad who can buy our way out of anything.

Fair

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mjligon said:

I’m not thrilled by either of these guys but Ryan seems to have more upside. Given that he has actually paved his own way in the league and had success as a QB coach.

All we know about Phil Snow is he was a position coach of the worst team ever, has jumped around from small college to small college and is now following Rhule around.

Just seems extremely lackluster of a hire, especially with the way Voth was hyping his staff up on Twitter yesterday.

I agree if we are going with inexperienced nfl play caller I’d rather have a young, smart defensive coordinator learning along with Sean Ryan on the offensive side. The way this is shaping up screams rebuild and patience. No need to have a 64 year old DC. Get someone young, smart and hungry on the defensive side to learn and grow.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

I'm with you.  At the very least we will need some "special advisors" to help out, who have lots of NFL experience.  These guys are going to get their lunch ate after midseason if they decide to go with a bunch of inexperienced guys at key positions.  I do like Sean Ryan's NFL experience, it should help. 

46 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I agree if we are going with inexperienced nfl play caller I’d rather have a young, smart defensive coordinator learning along with Sean Ryan on the offensive side. The way this is shaping up screams rebuild and patience. No need to have a 64 year old DC. Get someone young, smart and hungry on the defensive side to learn and grow.

I've always felt like OCs should be young and innovative and DCs should be old and crusty, because defense is more of a reactive thing and they need to have seen alot of different things in their career to be able to predict what the offense might do next or how to adjust to certain wrinkles the offense might put in.  That's just how I've always looked at it.

One cool thing about having an inexperienced playcaller is people don't have a book on him yet, so he can have some early success catching defenses by surprise.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I've always felt like OCs should be young and innovative and DCs should be old and crusty, because defense is more of a reactive thing and they need to have seen alot of different things in their career to be able to predict what the offense might do next or how to adjust to certain wrinkles the offense might put in.  That's just how I've always looked at it.

One cool thing about having an inexperienced playcaller is people don't have a book on him yet, so he can have some early success catching defenses by surprise.

Never thought of this. I like it.

My problem is that Snow has never had any measure of success in the NFL. was hoping for a splash hire at DC.

Oh well.

Hoping for the best.

5 hours ago, 07579394 said:

I'm just a little worry about Baylor next year.:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Right now we're just kind of starting the discussion cold. It's not likely he'd take an entire staff and leave his successor stuck. We just don't know which could come and which could stay behind.

I'd ultimately expect a mix. Some Baylor guys, maybe some former Giants guys, some others we haven't heard of, etc.