Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

One "sort of" update: Another team that interviewed both Ben McAdoo and Scott Linehan is hiring someone else. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

well matsko was pretty bad

They interviewed former Giants OL Coach Pat Flaherty but haven't hired him.

They tried to interview Saints Assistant OL Brendan Nugent (a longtime friend of Rhule) and got blocked.

Now word that they're interested in former Packers / temporary Browns OL Coach James Campen.

Definitely seems like they're indecisive right now.

• Beer 1

Did we really need to make 85% of the staff Baylor guys? Happy with rhule and Brady, but did most everyone else really need to come from Baylor? 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

One "sort of" update: Another team that interviewed both Ben McAdoo and Scott Linehan is hiring someone else. 

Good for us 

I mean I get where he is coming from, but is it normal for coaches to take staff with them when they move on? 

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

They tried to interview Saints Assistant OL Brendan Nugent (a longtime friend of Rhule) and got blocked.

Now word that they're interested in former Packers / temporary Browns OL Coach James Campen.

I'm glad they're taking their time on this one. We've had meh OL coaching for a while and it would be nice to get someone that lights a fire under these guys. Maybe we can have some kick-ass blocking upfront for once. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Prowler2019 said:

I'm glad they're taking their time on this one. We've had meh OL coaching for a while and it would be nice to get someone that lights a fire under these guys. Maybe we can have some kick-ass blocking upfront for once. 

Can the Saints really block an assistant OL coach from getting promoted to an OL coach even with another team?

Coaches that are reported to be with Rhule at the Senior Bowl:

Joe Brady (OC) Phil Snow (DC) Matt Lombardi (Assistant QB) Jake Peetz (RB) Frisman Jackson (WR) Damiere Shaw (Asst WR?) Mike Phair (DL) Frank Okam (Assistant DL) and Mike Siravo (LB?).

Haven't seen word on Al Holcomb or Evan Cooper. 

Edited by Mr. Scot

The positions that appear to still be unfilled at the moment are all on the offensive side: Quarterbacks, Tight Ends and Offensive Line.

They interviewed three candidates for the QB spot and could potentially add Jim Caldwell to that list (rumor only). Pat Flaherty was interviewed for the OL spot but doesn't appear to have the job. Kevin Gilbride Jr was speculated for TEs but there's been nary a whisper about him since. The Panthers were said by David Newton to be interested in former Packers/Browns OL guy James Campen.

FYI: An old friend of ours, former Panthers OC and recent Lions OL Coach Jeff Davidson is "stepping away" for a while according to reports.

I thought they couldn't block a interview/hire if it was a promotion? Could have been a good hire. I hate NO but their Oline has produced and is well coached.

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I thought they couldn't block a interview/hire if it was a promotion? Could have been a good hire. I hate NO but their Oline has produced and is well coached.

From what I understand, you can block just about anything but head coach or GM.

• Beer 1

Any scoop on James Campen, Mr. Scot?

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I mean I get where he is coming from, but is it normal for coaches to take staff with them when they move on? 

Yeah, but not from college. Very concerning to me.

• Beer 1