Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, acymetric said:

Wait, they can do that?  I knew it could be done during the season and for teams still in the playoffs, but we can't actually just stop teams from interviewing our assistants indefinitely can we?

Contract status. If he's under contract, they can block a lateral move.

From what I've read, several other guys may have been under contract as well, but the Panthers only cared about hanging on to Peetz.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Contract status. If he's under contract, they can block a lateral move.

From what I've read, several other guys may have been under contract as well, but the Panthers only cared about hanging on to Peetz.

Ok, for lateral moves.  If they wanted to interview him for, say, OC (not saying they would want to) we wouldn't be able to block that I take it.  Makes sense now.

1 minute ago, acymetric said:

Ok, for lateral moves.  If they wanted to interview him for, say, OC (not saying they would want to) we wouldn't be able to block that I take it.  Makes sense now.

Nope, rb coach to oc is considered lateral, its just bad form to block unless that team intends to promote that coach to OC of their own within a years time.

2 minutes ago, acymetric said:

As I understand it, if they're under contract, you can block anything except head coaching interviews.

Most teams don't block opportunities for advancement, but they can. The Chargers, for example, blocked us from interviewing Steve Wilks for our defensive coordinator job. That's how we wound up with Sean McDermott.

TheRumGone mentioned Tom Coughlin as a possibility for his veteran mentor/guide.

I'd say that's very possible.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

TheRumGone mentioned Tom Coughlin as a possibility for his veteran mentor/guide.

I'd say that's very possible.

I would say that is borderline probable. Man some guys would not like that, damn clocks on the wall.

4 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I would say that is borderline probable. Man some guys would not like that, damn clocks on the wall.

Kind of an "odd couple" when you think about it.

Guy who plays ping pong with his players together with the creator of "The Concentration Line"...

I say bring in Bill Cowher as some form of mentor/assistant he has NC and Tepper Ties. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kind of an "odd couple" when you think about it.

Guy who plays ping pong with his players together with the creator of "The Concentration Line"...

But Rhule was on his staff in New York and Tom spoke very highly of Matt. All of a sudden my clocks are 5 minutes fast, who knew?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Devil Doc said:

I say bring in Bill Cowher as some form of mentor/assistant he has NC and Tepper Ties.

Cowher doesn't wanna get back in the game (he's been asked).

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Cowher doesn't wanna get back in the game (he's been asked).

:(

Whelp I’m late for a meeting gotta run, I’m going to get fined.

• Pie 3

I’m not worried about hardass poo from Coughlin. He’d be more of an advisor role then a disciplinarian. It’s Matt’s locker room. 

• Beer 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I’m not worried about hardass poo from Coughlin. He’d be more of an advisor role then a disciplinarian. It’s Matt’s locker room. 

Coughlin was pretty much forced to soften up during his last few years in New York.

I think he might have gone hardass again in Jacksonville but it got him fired.

Agree he likely wouldn't be a problem here.

When is he going to sign his staff. McCarthy already finished his. Most coaches have them closed too lined up. When will we hear about his staff?