Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Good for Luke.

From what he described in the interview it sounds like he couldn't play without holding back. Maybe the fear of concussions were affecting his decision making.

You could tell by watching him this year he wasn’t playing like the Luke we’re used to seeing. Most of it probably has to do with Ron and that horrible defense, and of course the upcoming re-build. 

Cant blame Luke one bit, glad he played his entire career in Charlotte, gonna look really good in one of those HOF jackets.

KEEP POUNDING 

Just now, AU-panther said:

I find it hard to believe this is because of the "rebuild".  He could easily force his way to a contender if he wanted.  If the team was really looking to rebuild they would probably help make that trade happen.

I don’t think it does either...it is all about his health

his head injuries have taken a toll and he has plenty of cash

I’m wearing my Luke jersey right now. fug it, gonna rep this man no matter the decision. 

Id keep the door open and if I were Rhule and Hurney.  REALLY try to talk Luke into having some part on this staff.  Kid is bright.  

It does hurt, that guy was special on the field.  I’m sure he’s worried about his future health after his numerous concussions.  He could likely be having side effects from them and that’s part of his decision. At this point this team is in 100% rebuild mode.  It’s likely gonna be a few bad years in a row.....

I’m still excited for the new staff they are putting together, but I think all of us need to practice patience, we’re gonna need it.   

Luke Kuechly is my 3rd example of Keep Pounding. A man that has always showed great character on and off the field.

My wife and I were just talking about it and I'm surprised at how little sadness I feel.

Of course I'll miss watching him play, but the footage of him distraight and crying after one of his concussions in particular still makes me feel sick. I'm so happy he's made this decision.

Love ya, Luke.

you don’t fug with CTE

gonna miss that dude. he turned the defense around the minute he got in the middle. and in 2015 he was a machine.

Agree.  He deserves his future health.

This was all about the fear of future concussions and how it has slowed him.  

Thanks Luke for all your blood, sweat, and tears.

Luke is such a classy guy who gave this team, the two states and the Carolina Panthers his all when he was on the field. I wish Luke all the best in life.

He is the Greatest of All Time, a true Hall of Famer. #59 will be missed.

In his prime, he was simply the best and most complete football player I’ve ever seen for his position. Bar none. Devastating loss for us. Absolutely couldn’t be happier for him though.

We shouldn’t be shocked. Luke is smart and this is the smartest thing an NFL player has done since Andrew Luck did the same.