Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Carolina Cajun

Signing shaq makes sense now

so who are out starting OLBs?  I assume we'll beef up Burns for DE.  Haynes and Carter?  Smith is backing Shaq?

1 minute ago, Captain Morgan said:

so who are out starting OLBs?  I assume we'll beef up Burns for DE.  Haynes and Carter?  Smith is backing Shaq?

We will definitely have to fill via draft or free agency. We have so many holes on defense that it is unreal. 

Serious question: Can Eric Reid move to OLB?

• Pie 1

Luke hadn't made his decision until after the end of the season, when he had a chance to review and reflect upon his game play, like he does every offseason. 

Way to grasp at straws though. 

Yes, Shaq can play MLB. 

Do you think Lukes decision to retire was what jump started the rebuild?  I think it could have. 

I doubt Marty had any idea Luke was retiring when he signed Shaq. He just likes paying to much for the wrong positions. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Freezy Pop said:

I think the guys are probably happy Shaq is coming back given all the changes coming. Maybe the only guy left from the Super Bowl team if Cam and Tre Boston don’t return 

Jansen and Turner will definitely be here. Not sure about Short, Gano, Williams and Addison as FAs/cap casualties.

23 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Do you think Lukes decision to retire was what jump started the rebuild?  I think it could have. 

I’m sure it accelerated it. It may be the lynchpin I’m getting rid of Cam too.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m sure it accelerated it. It may be the lynchpin I’m getting rid of Cam too.

I think it was happening regardless.  The timing worked out perfectly.  The bloated and expiring contracts coupled with the crappy coaching staff and you have the perfect time to hit the reset button.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Luke hadn't made his decision until after the end of the season, when he had a chance to review and reflect upon his game play, like he does every offseason. 

Way to grasp at straws though. 

Yes, Shaq can play MLB. 

I agree that I do not believe Shaq's contract was because Marty knew Luke was retiring.

But, I do bet that Luke had an inkling it might happen during the season, and that it came up when he talked to Tepper at the end of the season.