Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Happy Panther

Should the Panthers go all in on Joe Burrow?

Just now, NYPantherFan said:

Maybe I'm overvaluing Cam, but if healthy I think he is worth a 1st or 2nd rounder alone. Eagles got a 1st rounder for Sam Bradford a few years ago for crying out loud. 

That was a really strange happening, though; remember the Vikings had just had a catastrophic injury to their starting QB.  They were beyond desperate and felt like they were a QB away from being a contender.  And, Bradford had played in 14 games... Bradford (and a 5th rounder) went for Nick Foles, a 5th, and 6th round pick the year before, too, so it isn't like the going rate for him was always a 1st rounder. 

No way with this current group of players. By the time ALL if this is "fixed", Burrow will be looking to sign a new 50 million per contract. 

3 firsts plus ______ is simply too much.

Edited by Basbear

20 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Is he saying two 1sts, two 2nds and Cam?

No 2 1sts

It’s a lot to give up for a player who hasn’t even played a single nfl game.  I would rather another more desperate team gamble, and for us to go slow and steady.

Tom Brady may decides to leave New England this offseason. I think that if he does leave, BB may be willing to trade their 23rd pick for Cam Newton. Trade our 7th, 23rd, 2nd and 2021 1st round pick for Joe Burrow. I’d be willing to make that trade. Joe Burrow is the real deal. We get in return, Cam’s 19m this off season and we should have plenty of cap space available in 2021 to help rebuild this team. Remember, Rhule signed a 7th year deal. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

No way with this current group of players. By the time ALL if this is "fixed", Burrow will be looking to sign a new 50 million per contract. 

3 firsts plus ______ is simply too much.

The NFL is a QB driven league. You will win games if you have a QB. Look at Kansas City. Their future looks bright with Pat Mahomes. If Rhule and Brady believe that Burrow is the answer, I don’t care how much it cost. Khalil Mack is a stud, but he won’t single handily win you games like a QB. Bears traded two 1st rounders for Mack. Three 1st rounders isn’t overpriced if you believe that Burrow is the answer at QB. 

• Pie 1

There's about a 0% chance the first overall pick is going to be traded this year. It's not going to happen.

Here you guys go, another good piece from SPEAK FOR YOURSELF on this exact topic. I do believe that moving on from Cam is looking more and more realistic with the retirement of Luke. Cam is 30 years old, I don't think he has the longevity like a Brees, Brady or Rodgers who can play into this 40s based on his skill set. Do you think Rhule wants Cam for 4-5 years only? When he can get a young QB to grow with? 

https://youtu.be/loYOnDxF02E

3 hours ago, Nobody in Particular said:

I agree, Healthy Cam worth at least a 1st...Injured Cam, not worth much.

Someone like Belichick would be willing to give us a 1st round for Cam healthy or unhealthy if Tom Brady leaves. 

Wishful thinking, but Cincy is not giving up their 1st. Unless someone over there is really REALLY dumb.

People crying about how many holes we have, But also willing to give up the farm to draft one guy lol Burrow is good but he is not generational . A burrow come around almost every other year . Guys like Trevor lawerence , Cam , Peyton Manning etc come around rarely . But if you wanna set us back 5-10 years please trade up just cause we got the same oc that coached Him in college lol cause that’s the only guy who the oc can have success with . This topic is lazy as hell 

• Beer 1

Burrow is an A-hole and an arrogant prick.  He will be toxic in the locker room and become one of the most unpopular players ever signed by the Panthers.....  I don't think it (i.e. us going all-in  to get him in the draft) will happen, but if it does I do not think I will enjoy watching Panthers games anymore.  With 89,TD, Luke, Greg, Cam etc we had a team with a lot of good/interesting personality..... 

• Poo 1

11 hours ago, Nobody in Particular said:

That's the way I understand it

I think that if healthy Cam is included in the deal, they could get - Cam, #7, 2nd round pick this year.  2nd round pick next year.

1 hour ago, CardiacCat said:

Burrow is an A-hole and an arrogant prick.  He will be toxic in the locker room and become one of the most unpopular players ever signed by the Panthers.....  I don't think it (i.e. us going all-in  to get him in the draft) will happen, but if it does I do not think I will enjoy watching Panthers games anymore.  With 89,TD, Luke, Greg, Cam etc we had a team with a lot of good/interesting personality..... 

LOL you know him personally?  Seems like his teammates at LSU loved him.  Hes a cocky young QB, who set the whole world on fire this season.  I would be arrogant too.

1 hour ago, CardiacCat said:

Calling Burrow an A-hole and an arrogant prick and then listing Smith first in the list of good/interesting personalities is pretty hilarious.

• Pie 1