Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Rapoport's Guess: Panthers will look to trade Cam once healthy

5 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Yes, but in his "Cam is getting traded" narrative, its always speculation.  He doesn't actually cite sources in this particular story.  Only "My guess", "My beliefe", "Panthers should".  But never "per sources", etc.

I think it's supposed to be implicit - I mean, he's more of an information broker than a real pundit, so I think he's assuming we know that if he has "a belief" it's because of poo he's hearing from insiders.

But yeah, it's slippery wording with built-in deniability.

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. We gave up 30 points to the Rams, 20 to Arizona, 27 to Houston and 20/26 to Tampa. We had one solid D game against Houston. Aside from Houston that’s 25 ppg which pro-rated would be around 20th. So 1 out of 6 games before SF we had a good defensive game. Cam’s biggest fans wanted to make sure Allen got no credit during the win streak so the D was talked about like it was amazing and it wasn’t.

We gave up 166 yards and 2 TDs rushing In week 1 against the Rams. Just because our first 6 games were filled with mediocre running teams doesn’t mean we were borderline top 10. We still gave up 100+ yards rushing in all games except London when Winston turned the ball over 6 times. We gave up 500+ yards to the juggernaut Jaguar offense.

We weren’t ever close to top 10. We basically carried over the miserable D play from the second half of 2018 into week 1 of this year.

As I mentioned above, we gave up the most points from week 2-17. The Dolphins who gave up 50+ points to Baltimore week 1, gave up less points than us the rest of the year. 

You are conveniently leaving out the other statistics that involve a defense, like sacks in which we lead the league in, pass defense was ranked top 10 at the time, and we were top 10 in turnovers. The defense had 3-4 games that we forced 3 or more turnovers in until the 49 ers game so just looking at points allowed doesn’t account for the actually performance on the field, the rush defense was atrocious no ones vouching for it but to act as if the entire defense was trash since week two is ridiculous 

16 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

You dont bring in Joe Brady to run an air raid offense that requires quick accurate throws and keep a QB that is known for neither. Cam is a great QB in the right system but we dont run that system anymore. And sadly, he may never be truly healthy again.

Right here it is.  

4 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Haha why go after the hottest name if you’re planning on a “complete rebuild”. Makes no sense hahaha. 

Sure it does. I don’t understand your logic. Rebuilding is not the same as tanking 

4 hours ago, Sirpurrsom3885 said:

Yeah you heard me. I don’t see how we go anywhere but down from here on out. Half our fan base are idiots that just drove our only real franchise qb away. Our front office is hurney ....still. So expect more drafts of useless busts. Our fanbase in stadium is a wine and cheese lackluster bunch, and we have an owner with no real ties to the Carolinas. Do the math. 

LOL. The math is $325 million. That’s how much Tepper just spent to bring an MLS team to Charlotte. 

Panthers aren’t going anywhere son. Chill

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Can we get a first for Cam or no?

Not unless he's healthy, in which case we would be dumb as rocks to trade him.

Tepper is blowing everything up and everyone needs to accept this.  Assuming Cam is healthy, he has to know his time is limited in this league and why on earth would he want to stay in Carolina for a rebuild.  He'll want to play for a contender and several teams would likely give up a first round pick to get a healthy Cam Newton.  Maybe someone desperate like Chicago will give up more than a 1st rounder.  

1 hour ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Why go and hire a Ferrari of an Offensive Coordinator if you don't plan on winning now

Call Tepper up and ask him. There's not anyone here calling the shots, and that includes you.

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Disagree. A healthy Cam wins at least 4 more games this season with short yard runs at the end of games alone. 

I think we don't know what Cam can be right now. I think it's worth it to find out rather than chase a new franchise QB.

whens the last time Cam has been 100% healthy.  Rhule is not building his program from the ground up with Cam.  Just aint happening.

Cam is gone via trade or getting cut.  Its sad but its life in the NFL

Why go and hire a Ferrari of an Offensive Coordinator if you don't plan on winning now

Because he said its a process that could take 5 years.  Tepper knows what he is doing

You aren't smart, none of you are ... Cam will be here in 2020

See heres the thing.  Lets go down this path.  Say cam is healthy enough to start in 2020.  I dont think he will be healthy enough but lets pretend.  Lets say he wins 7 games.  Thats being generous with this roster.  Cam in 2021 is going to want a monster deal.  Why would a team in the throes of a rebuild with huge holes attach that albatross around its neck especially given Teppers comment about the bad qb contract?   Why would the team do that?

It would be much much easier to trade him or cut him and just start fresh without any contract drama, injury speculation etc.  Surely you see this right?

Thats not even addressing the rumors out there that Cam may not even play on his current deal.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Can we get a first for Cam or no?

I would take a 3rd at this point since we have no idea of his health. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

See heres the thing.  Lets go down this path.  Say cam is healthy enough to start in 2020.  I dont think he will be healthy enough but lets pretend.  Lets say he wins 7 games.  Thats being generous with this roster.  Cam in 2021 is going to want a monster deal.  Why would a team in the throes of a rebuild with huge holes attach that albatross around its neck especially given Teppers comment about the bad qb contract?   Why would the team do that?

It would be much much easier to trade him or cut him and just start fresh without any contract drama, injury speculation etc.  Surely you see this right?

Thats not even addressing the rumors out there that Cam may not even play on his current deal.

QB - Cam

RB - CMC

WR 1 - Moore

WR 2 - Samuel

With Joe Brady calling the plays and Matt Rhule emphasizing offensive line - this is a Super Bowl team next year with healthy Cam