Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raleigh-panther

Interesting 3 rd mock

Recommended Posts

if Brown is gone, and Thomas is or we decide to wait and see on Little, I'm all for taking a position other than the lines.

Luke is gone.  We don't have a single playmaker on defense.  Bradberry is good, Shaq is decent, but we need a playmaker on defense if we don't have Brown or Thomas.

Isaiah Simmons out of Clemson might be that guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, Captain Morgan said:

if Brown is gone, and Thomas is or we decide to wait and see on Little, I'm all for taking a position other than the lines.

Luke is gone.  We don't have a single playmaker on defense.  Bradberry is good, Shaq is decent, but we need a playmaker on defense if we don't have Brown or Thomas.

Isaiah Simmons out of Clemson might be that guy.  

This is the year we truly find out what Shaq is but if Brown is gone I'm all about BPA just please give me a once in a decade player lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Watch New England get him at 23 and it works...

New England makes alot of players work out and is a perineal winner. If I were them I would be fine with him at 23, this is alot less of a risk then what we would be taking. We have to land a all pro imo or we wasted a rare opportunity. If not next year I think we are a playoff team soon so we will have plenty of years where we can pick that late and not feel so much pressure to hit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a space eater that's more than a blob occupying a gap.  I know the demand for Brown is high, but if he's not there, I like this guy at the top of the 3rd round.  Commands double teams, has a high motor and is very agile for 330 pounds.

 

https://youtu.be/AmMC7wdX7VY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

If you have read my posts I am in no way advocating ignoring the oline, quite the opposite, just in a different way. I think FA-Paradis or Dayley- 2nd rd pick- Turner- Moton is a great upgrade over last year and probably one of the best olines Cam has been behind. The FA could be Jason Peters, Donald Penn, or a number of other guys while Little develops behind them. I don't think the best tackle in this draft will outperform Peter's or Penn in their rookie year.

I think expecting 3 of the same 5 guys as last year to be better than they were is somewhat wishful thinking. Moton was the only one who performed to a level last year that makes me comfortable depending on him going forward. If Little and Daley are able to progress from poor rookie seasons, that's great, but to me prioritizing the oline means not counting on that to happen in order to keep the qb protected. Make them backups, plan B, options, but not the starters. For all the money he was paid Turner was really no better. His past performance might convince me to give him one more shot given there are so many holes, but frankly I'd rather not.

I think the difference based on what you're saying is that to you getting one or maybe two new guys constitutes enough of a fix. To me, fixing it means 3 new starters, minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

We need a space eater that's more than a blob occupying a gap.  I know the demand for Brown in high, but if he's not there, I like this guy at the top of the 3rd round.  Commands double teams, has a high motor and is very agile for 330 pounds.

 

https://youtu.be/AmMC7wdX7VY

 

I think we take him in the 3rd even if we land brown, we are very short of depth at DT and it's our oldest position. Could you imagine Brown-Leki-Short-Addison on run downs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MMA said:

Love is an intriguing player. Great size and great arm. He could be your Colin Kaepernick or just another bust. High risk high reward. If we want a QB, go get Burrow or Tua. I’m tired of investing 2nd and 3rd rounders on QB. There’s a reason why franchise QBs are drafted in the 1st round. 

Brady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don't draft an OL in the first three rounds then I certainly hope we sign some OL in free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think expecting 3 of the same 5 guys as last year to be better than they were is somewhat wishful thinking. Moton was the only one who performed to a level last year that makes me comfortable depending on him going forward. If Little and Daley are able to progress from poor rookie seasons, that's great, but to me prioritizing the oline means not counting on that to happen in order to keep the qb protected. Make them backups, plan B, options, but not the starters. For all the money he was paid Turner was really no better. His past performance might convince me to give him one more shot given there are so many holes, but frankly I'd rather not.

I think the difference based on what you're saying is that to you getting one or maybe two new guys constitutes enough of a fix. To me, fixing it means 3 new starters, minimum.

I just think Paradis was that bad, but that's my opinion. A center will make both guards look worse. Getting a sure fire LT, placing Paradis at LG where he doesnt have to snap the ball, and taking a top Center should be 3 upgrades and would keep little and dayley as backups. I guarantee with a better center Trai will be better and Moton had a down season imo looking at his previous season. I just dont see a scenario of a better oline, even at 7 a rookie LT is still a rookie and going to play like one. Now if there is a Lane Johnson clone sitting there I take him all day but I dont see it. What do you recommend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we don't draft an OL in the first three rounds then I certainly hope we sign some OL in free agency.

Donald Penn imo as I think Trent Williams is playing for the skins next year, this is coming from my dad who is a Skins fan. Penn is a good player and seems to stay healthy, guaranteed upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

I think Littles injuries were freak, did he have a history in college? Even though they were severe it doesn't scream end of career like some are saying around here. Dayley wasn't supposed to play last year but did good for where he was drafted, he should improve further and play better at guard. 

I think they were freak too.  After the first you're more prevalent to the next and on and on.  Its not the end of is career, how many games a year will he play?  Gonna need depth at least.  Daley is house money.  He's obviously got some skill.  We've been less than successful at developing players like him.  My OP stands.

 

 

46 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So you are basing your decision to move on from two developmental player playing a position that normally takes a year or two to adjust to the speed and develop your mechanics by making assumptions/excuses to draft a T?                           Excuses?  The line play is enough to warrant going O-line early and often. 

Whoever you draft will be developmental--will give up sacks as a rookie and will struggle to adjust to the speed of the game---that natural LT, like Joe Thomas or Tony Boselli, who can jump in and be productive, does not come around often.                     I dont disagree with this.

Yes, Little had some concussion issues that led to his lack of preparation for the season.  He has the skills and gifts to be a good OT.  Any player in the league is one play away from retirement.  We actually have 2 rookies that looked like rookies at LT.  See above reply. 

At DT, we have KK Short and .......?   Dont care.  We have to score.  Cant keep ignoring the O-line.

Take the BPA--re are rebuilding. You do not have to take an OL with the first pick to address the OL concerns.  If Okudah is there--take him.  If Jeudy is the BPA, take him.    This whole post just to BPA at the end?  Lvl 1 bro.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

I think they were freak too.  After the first you're more prevalent to the next and on and on.  Its not the end of is career, how many games a year will he play?  Gonna need depth at least.  Daley is house money.  He's obviously got some skill.  We've been less than successful at developing players like him.  My OP stands.

 

 

 

We haven't been successful developing many players I feel we should have been but this is a whole new staff and I'm hoping for much better outcomes. We will see! In general we want the same thing I'm just trying to find a way to get it done modestly in one offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we don't draft an OL in the first three rounds then I certainly hope we sign some OL in free agency.

I can't think of a team that would allow a good LT or center just walk. Like Denver let Paradis go because he's fuging terrible, and the Vikings let Kalil go for the same reason, but what team would be dumb enough not to pay a good LT or center?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Little's injuries put him in jeopardy and Daley was what, a 5th or 6th round pick?

Hurney doesn't care about capital.  He just spent a 3rd on Grier and probably gonna draft another one this year.

 

It's one year in. I mean I get it. I'm not saying they will ever be any good but that's not my point. Everyone knows OL even the really good ones need time. Paradoxically, the injuries and poor play are actually a plausible reason to suggest they can get better  MH can pretend they are good for a few years until he can't pretend anymore.

If you draft another OT high, you are saying your selections of the previous year won't ever be good enough. If you admit that why should you keep your job? Its not about what we want as fans it's about MH justifying his job. If Tepper believes him to be a good evaluator, would he be ok with him continually picking OT simply because fans are impatient?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

You mean like Joe Montana (3rd), Drew Brees (2nd),  Brett Favre (2nd), Russell Wilson(3rd), & Tom Brady(6th)? What about Kurt Warner & Jake Delhomme (undrafted)? 

Yes. Please give me a list franchise QBs that were drafted in the 3rd or later in the last 7 drafts. Hopefully you can do better than Gardner Minshew. Dak Prescott is only franchise QB in those last 7 drafts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...