Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

By the way, the Senior Bowl has a lot more day 1 and day 2 talent versus the other bowls that happened this weekend.

North Roster

South Roster

For instance, at QB you’ve got Gordon, Love, Herbert, Hurts and Montez (WF mocked him to us). Even guys like Fotu, Raekwon Davis and Kinlaw on the DL and a good mix of day 2 OL. A lot of good DBs too. WRs and Hopkins at TE.

After looking through it there are some day 1 guys but a ton of day 2 guys so this will be a good bowl to track. It was last year too with some studs on the interior OL but we must not have cared enough to be serious about OL outside of our huge crush on Little. SMH.

Edited by stbugs
  • Pie 3

Was fun going to it last year, but I cant make it out there this year.

There is going to be some interesting things to Watch.

QBs

Herbert and Love- both Real Toolsy guys.  Herbert didnt impress some this year and Love didnt at all.  But both have tools and can really catipult their stock this week.  Jalen Hurts will be there as well.

Another to watch is Washington State QB, this time last year started the Minshew train, they say the WSU QB this year has better tools.

Trenches

Nick Harris- is a Center to watch, will be real interesting to see how he handles these DTs

John Simpson- Clemson product

Prince Wanogho- tons of tools but really raw.  

Josh Jones- another toolsy guy who is projected as high as 2nd rounder.

DBs vs WRs

Kristian Fulton- #2 CB in this class

Darnay Holmes- super athletic CB who matched up well vs Hollywood Brown the other year, but hasnt stuck out since

Lamar Jackson- Big CB who could see his stock rise like James Bradberry did at the senior bowl

Ashtyn Davis- 3rd best Safety in this class.

Kyle Dugger- Freak Safety from LRU in Hickory.  Could be this years Nassir Adderly.

WR group is interesting as well.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Herbert was solid this year. I think the concerns was he was exactly the same, no better, no worse. There are questions over whether he’s passionate about football. With that said, him being at the Senior Bowl is huge seeing that he will likely be a top 20 pick.

Love is intriguing. He’s got all the tools. He changed head coaches, offensive systems this year and the results were mixed. I think with the right coaching, he could be pretty good. 

Are practices being shown this year?  NFL Network only shows NFL Now and an unnamed game throughout each day.  They only have a recap scheduled at night, but I can't find any of the practices like they usually show.

5 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Are practices being shown this year?  NFL Network only shows NFL Now and an unnamed game throughout each day.  They only have a recap scheduled at night, but I can't find any of the practices like they usually show.

I would imagine some coverage during the day during NFL now.   But showing Senior bowl practice recaps beginning at 8pm tomorrow and during week. 

Edited by MrBubba

1 minute ago, MrBubba said:

I would imagine some coverage during the day during NFL now.   But showing Senior bowl practice recaps beginning at 8pm tomorrow and during week. 

Yeah, I'm sure they'll have coverage, but in previous years, they seemed to have a lot more than it looks like they are planning this week.  We'll see.  I'm recording everything all day anyway...just to be safe.

17 minutes ago, Woodie said:

yes, practices start tomm

12 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

yes, practices start tomm

I realize that, but NFL Network doesn't have any dedicated Senior Bowl practices on the schedule like they have had in previous years.  There will be coverage on NFL Now and the recap show, but it doesn't look to be as much as in years past.

Love with the biggest hands among QBs

• Pie 1

Edited by ncfan

Edited by ncfan
  • Beer 1

Edited by ncfan