Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

"I haven't won a game as a head coach without him as my defensive coordinator."

- Matt Rhule

What stupid logic

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'm definitely uneasy about this hire, but I'll trust Rhule's judgment on this one.

What the fug has Rhule done for you to trust his judgement 

Surprising to me that so many here have been screaming for months to "fire Ron,' "tear it all down," and the like ---

yet when both have been accomplished (at least staff wise, not player wise Yet), there's still so much insecurity and unhappiness.

How about we ease up on the doubts and criticisms about men we know little about (other than they've been very successful so far in their careers, and that's a lot), and sit back and see what transpires?

I believe the word among you young fellows is "Chill, dude."

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

8 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

What has he done for us not to trust him?  I mean really got no choice.  We're just fans along for the ride.  Hope they make the right choices. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Icege said:

I think one thing commonly missed in all of the hand-wringing over college coaches in the pros is to remember that this is going to be a rebuild. It will be difficult to attract top flight free agents (as well as retaining players coming up on contract years that are looking to maximize their income or win now). As a result, we're going to need teachers. Having college coaches that have to get a ton of information crammed between their players' ears in a limited amount of time might end up being a good thing for these young men being brought in to fill out the roster.

Maybe but it's a huge risk. We get 7 picks a year and the rest is filled by FA. Hurney is going to have to be one hell of a salesman to convince anyone to play with College coaches having zero experiences in the NFL. 

I don't get the hate for Snow. The guy has turned around the defense everywhere he goes. Baylor played in a conference that doesn't play defense and he fielded a really good defense.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Maybe but it's a huge risk. We get 7 picks a year and the rest is filled by FA. Hurney is going to have to be one hell of a salesman to convince anyone to play with College coaches having zero experiences in the NFL. 

I don’t necessarily think so. First, money talks. Second, we’ll be targeting guys that want to prove something in my opinion. We’re selling a vision. Hopefully it works out.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Harbingers said:

The last time snow was in on an NFL team. He went 0-16.

You living in the past and all you should know that. 

You are quite literally the worst son that a father could ask for. I just want you to know how disappointed I am. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

What has Rhule done for you not to trust his judgement you dimwit? 

Give the man a fugging chance before you go full Harbingers on us. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I’ll let this play out and try to be optimistic. I just don’t see how a bunch of college coaches take on the NFL with success. Plus these guys don’t even have any sustained success in college and appear to have good years and then move on. 

I'm nervous, a staff this young with virtually no pro experience between them screams disaster at the nfl level, imo.  How are they going to get the respect of vets in the lockerroom?  There's a reason coaches making the transition from college usually go with a seasoned pro coach for a coordinator role.

It's funny how many people called Riveras hires nepotism. But Rhule 8s doing the same thing.

Neither fit the definition of nepotism though. 

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's funny how many people called Riveras hires nepotism. But Rhule 8s doing the same thing.

Neither fit the definition of nepotism though. 

Rhule took the best man who he relied upon.  Ron took the whole damn roster. 

I’m going to reserve judgement until I see the complete staff. I honestly believe we’ll see a staff that’s half and half if the reports remain true.