Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

lightsout

Virginia capitol rally

27 minutes ago, bull123 said:

im good w background checks & limits on purchases...i am also in on waiting periods

the other two, no way...can't have gov individuals deciding who they like and who they dont

some may actually consider these to be Discriminatory?...you can be assured that these would be considered Profiling

Exactly. Background checks are already a thing. Not sure I like the limits on purchases as purchase permits for guns already takes anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks as it is. So you're saying I can only apply for one every 30 days? Why? What is the reasoning there? If I pass the background check and want to buy two guns, what does it matter? Waiting periods are also nonsensical and redundant for this same reason, purchase permits already dictate that I can't buy it immediately and the hunter getting a 30-.06 isn't going to use that gun for anything other than hunting. I get the idea of trying to curtail crimes of passion with firearms, but a criminal that wants to get their hands on a gun will steal it or buy it from somebody illegally anyway. So you're not really making it harder on those criminals. Intent is good with it, but I don't think it has the desired effect and I don't believe it will help anybody.

As far as red flag laws go, I know in NC under domestic violence protection orders, there's already a provision that allows law enforcement to seize guns and ammo in certain instances (usually needs physical violence or reasonable threats of violence made that need evidence like a witness or texts or voicemail, and that is pretty much at the discretion of the judge who signs off on the order). I'm OK with that. My understanding of what they're wanting is anybody who goes to a judge and says "I believe this person is a danger to themselves or others" or something to that effect then can be subject to having their guns taken. That isn't something I am OK with. How many disgruntled employees are going to falsely claim that of their bosses? Jilted lovers? In my opinion, for something similar to the DVPO provision for gun seizure to have effect outside of the DVPO, you still need either a previous history of violence or a reasonable threat as proof, at minimum.

7 hours ago, rodeo said:

poAmNgO.png

Unfortunately that’s fake news.. I see you’ve never been to comic-con.

Just now, Darth Biscuit said:

So you're comparing guys walking around with lethal weapons to guys who go to scifi conventions and dress up like Klingons?  Yeah, ok.

I wonder how you'd feel if you came up on a group of young African American men with these kinds of weapons while you were on duty... I'm sure you'd just say "hello gentlemen, I see it's harder to oppress you now, har har..."

Again, gtfo

Once again, you clearly don't know me. You assume I'm a cop and assume that I MUST be an evil racist cop who views black people negatively. Keep building strawmen because you lack the ability to have a discussion.

Just now, lightsout said:

Once again, you clearly don't know me. You assume I'm a cop and assume that I MUST be an evil racist cop who views black people negatively. Keep building strawmen because you lack the ability to have a discussion.

Once again, I've seen what you post on here...  

9 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Why do people need to have access or the freedom to purchase auto/semi auto weapons and accessories that basically turn anything into a machine gun?

OK, I'll play.

The types of weapons you're allowed to own has nothing to do with a need. Why do people need shotguns? Why do you need a 9mm round when you can use a .22? You can argue away the right to bear arms when going down that line of thinking...which is why I am opposed to banning the AR15.

You say auto/semi auto as if there are other options. There are two modes of fire in civilian guns. Automatic and semi-automatic. Automatic means you pull the trigger and keep it pulled, rounds continuously exit the chamber. Semi-auto means that one full depression of the trigger is one round. The gun only fires as fast as you pull the trigger. It automatically loads the next round, but it does not fire in an automatic fashion. To purchase an automatic weapon requires a TON of work. Not just anybody can purchase one. These aren't prevalent like you seem to indicate here. AR15s are semi-automatic. A pistol grip and adjustable stock simply make for it to be ergonomically more comfortable. That's it. It doesn't make the gun operate any differently than any other magazine-fed semi-auto rifle. A .30-06 round will kill anything and anybody just as easily as a .223 or 5.56 round bullet. A bump stock doesn't "turn the AR15 into a machine gun", it simply assists in having you pull the trigger faster...at the expense of firing accurately. Basically, it's a stupid toy attachment that EVERY gun enthusiast I know hates because it is hard to fire the weapon accurately with the bump stock. Could somebody alter a lower receiver to make the AR15 automatic? I'm sure there's potentially a way but I'm not privy on how one would do that. I've never seen it, and I've seen a LOT of people's AR15s.

35 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Can’t have a civilized debate so I will just insult the person. How republican of you. 

I ask again, deputy Fife: why do Americans need assault style weapons? 

And you're right. Was in my feelings a bit last night and into this morning because I hate getting labeled as something I'm not. So I apologize.

Edited by lightsout

21 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Once again, I've seen what you post on here...  

But you view any opinion other than ACAB as inherently wrong and/or racist/evil/etc. So rather than attempting to understand another person's point of view, you label and attack. Your misunderstanding of me may well be my fault in the way I word things and I am almost positive that face to face, you'd find you and I probably agree far more than we disagree and where we disagree, we'd do so cordially.

15 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Hmmm...

I don't see a lot of color in these pics...

...and this is what they're protesting.

I see that @lightsout, a cop, is totally fine with these wackjob, wannabe soldiers walking around the street and he's happy that it went off "without a hitch".

I wonder what he'd think if this was a group of African Americans or ANTIFA walking around a city with full idiot gear and assault weapons.

All protesting NOTHING.

Pretty much this. All of it. The fact that those new laws were considered extreme shows a lot about the paranoia that these clowns are going to. These aren't extreme laws. Not at all. They don't keep me from having a couple rifles and shotguns to hunt with. They don't keep my wife and I from carryng a handgun if we desire. They don't prohibit me and my family from doing anything reasonable. Why would I need to buy multiple handguns in a month? 

And what would it look like if it was any other group of people walking around dressed like that. I mean that's a very scary sight, to see so many people, especially obviously non-military personnel, walking around like that, which in undoubtedly the emotion they wanted to evoke. "Just try and stand between me and muh guns and see if I don't pull that trigger." 

And if course it was going to be peaceful, I mean who is going to try and start something with a bunch of untrained military wannabes carrying assault rifles (no doubt loaded because if they aren't then what's the point?) And dressed in flack jackets and clothes they bought from a military surplus store just waiting for an excuse to use their gear. 

Seriously, what would that group of people think if they saw any other group of people walking around dressed and armed like that? Imagine if they were black or Hispanic or Islamic or from India or native American...what would these guys think? 

The whole thing, the whole show...8t does nothing but piss me off and make me even less sympathetic to whatever cause they were trying to push and it makes me want to stand up even more against it, because what I see in that display is a bunch of scared tiny men who feel a need to compensate for something. It's a part of America that does nothing to make it better and it's an America that I want nothing to do with.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, lightsout said:

But you view any opinion other than ACAB as inherently wrong and/or racist/evil/etc. So rather than attempting to understand another person's point of view, you label and attack. Your misunderstanding of me may well be my fault in the way I word things and I am almost positive that face to face, you'd find you and I probably agree far more than we disagree and where we disagree, we'd do so cordially.

Incorrect.  I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me.

I have not attacked you.  I've called you out for shitty opinions... maybe you feel it's an attack, idk and idc.

Multiple times in the old cop thread you defended the indefensible....  that's all I need to know.

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Pretty much this. All of it. The fact that those new laws were considered extreme shows a lot about the paranoia that these clowns are going to. These aren't extreme laws. Not at all. They don't keep me from having a couple rifles and shotguns to hunt with. They don't keep my wife and I from carryng a handgun if we desire. They don't prohibit me and my family from doing anything reasonable. Why would I need to buy multiple handguns in a month? 

And what would it look like if it was any other group of people walking around dressed like that. I mean that's a very scary sight, to see so many people, especially obviously non-military personnel, walking around like that, which in undoubtedly the emotion they wanted to evoke. "Just try and stand between me and muh guns and see if I don't pull that trigger." 

And if course it was going to be peaceful, I mean who is going to try and start something with a bunch of untrained military wannabes carrying assault rifles (no doubt loaded because if they aren't then what's the point?) And dressed in flack jackets and clothes they bought from a military surplus store just waiting for an excuse to use their gear. 

Seriously, what would that group of people think if they saw any other group of people walking around dressed and armed like that? Imagine if they were black or Hispanic or Islamic or from India or native American...what would these guys think? 

The whole thing, the whole show...8t does nothing but piss me off and make me even less sympathetic to whatever cause they were trying to push and it makes me want to stand up even more against it, because what I see in that display is a bunch of scared tiny men who feel a need to compensate for something. It's a part of America that does nothing to make it better and it's an America that I want nothing to do with.

...and that's the entire point. Gun nuts think that ANY law regarding guns is extreme.  They want unfettered access to any kind of weapon or gun that they can dream up.  Look at the pics of that fool walking around with a .50 cal in the streets.  There is no reason whatsoever for a civilian to have that weapon. None.  That is a weapon of war.

Spare me that crap about taking on the army in case of a civil war or whatever... that .50 cal won't do poo against a tank.

I like guns. I went shooting this weekend at a local range...  but I'd give that poo up in less than a heartbeat if it meant saving actual living people.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I like guns. I went shooting this weekend at a local range...  but I'd give that poo up in less than a heartbeat if it meant saving actual living people.

That’s the thing too. You like guns, ranges should have them where you can enjoy them safely and respectfully. 

Personally, I love sporting clays. But the only place you can do it is at a range or your backyard(if you live in the country). 

15 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I wonder what he'd think if this was a group of African Americans or ANTIFA walking around a city with full idiot gear and assault weapons.

So this isn't you insinuating anything about me on a personal level? You know good and damn well that this goes beyond attacking a "shitty opinion" because it doesn't address an actual opinion of mine. You're implying that I would have issue with black people dressing in a similar fashion or I'd be upset about Antifa dressing in a similar fashion. Neither is true and you have no reason to think it is. Again, you label people as racist with no reasoning because you're dishonest.

And once more, I find the tacti-cool guys as silly as the all black with masks Antifa guys. Trying to look cool or intimidating and ultimately looking ridiculous. The difference is, Antifa sucker punches people because they don't like them or their opinions. There was no violence from the tacti-cool guys. I'd just as quickly call that out if it happened yesterday, but it didn't. If Antifa wants to wear whatever the hell and peacefully protest whatever they want, I don't give a damn. If they want to shout and call names, don't care. The minute they start initiating violent contact with other people for what is essentially them disagreeing with somebody, I'm calling it out as wrong.

Free speech means people get to say that they view other people of different races, religions or creeds as inferior. It makes them assholes. We get to call them assholes. So long as they are not calling for violent action against people and inciting violence, they can say what they want and ostracize themselves from the rest of society. Ultimately, we should aim to change their minds because beliefs DO inform actions. Believing in white supremacy WILL lead to actions against minorities and that has to be addressed, and I personally don't care of some racist idiot screaming that x minority is evil and deserving of death gets his ass kicked because he asked for it. But if we're talking about actually pushing out that way of thinking all together, attacking the people violently will only galvanize the morons and bring about the very thing you and I and every other reasonable person is worried about: the neo-Nazis acting violently.

1 minute ago, lightsout said:

So this isn't you insinuating anything about me on a personal level? You know good and damn well that this goes beyond attacking a "shitty opinion" because it doesn't address an actual opinion of mine. You're implying that I would have issue with black people dressing in a similar fashion or I'd be upset about Antifa dressing in a similar fashion. Neither is true and you have no reason to think it is. Again, you label people as racist with no reasoning because you're dishonest.

And once more, I find the tacti-cool guys as silly as the all black with masks Antifa guys. Trying to look cool or intimidating and ultimately looking ridiculous. The difference is, Antifa sucker punches people because they don't like them or their opinions. There was no violence from the tacti-cool guys. I'd just as quickly call that out if it happened yesterday, but it didn't. If Antifa wants to wear whatever the hell and peacefully protest whatever they want, I don't give a damn. If they want to shout and call names, don't care. The minute they start initiating violent contact with other people for what is essentially them disagreeing with somebody, I'm calling it out as wrong.

Free speech means people get to say that they view other people of different races, religions or creeds as inferior. It makes them assholes. We get to call them assholes. So long as they are not calling for violent action against people and inciting violence, they can say what they want and ostracize themselves from the rest of society. Ultimately, we should aim to change their minds because beliefs DO inform actions. Believing in white supremacy WILL lead to actions against minorities and that has to be addressed, and I personally don't care of some racist idiot screaming that x minority is evil and deserving of death gets his ass kicked because he asked for it. But if we're talking about actually pushing out that way of thinking all together, attacking the people violently will only galvanize the morons and bring about the very thing you and I and every other reasonable person is worried about: the neo-Nazis acting violently.

lol you think that is an attack?

It's DIRECTLY based on the shitty opinions that you have expressed on this forum.

If you perceive that as an attack, then you deserve to be attacked.

Given your previous posts in the old cop thread defending AWFUL actions by cops that is absolutely the LEAST I could say about you.

Again... gtfo of here.

18 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

...and that's the entire point. Gun nuts think that ANY law regarding guns is extreme.  They want unfettered access to any kind of weapon or gun that they can dream up.  Look at the pics of that fool walking around with a .50 cal in the streets.  There is no reason whatsoever for a civilian to have that weapon. None.  That is a weapon of war.

Spare me that crap about taking on the army in case of a civil war or whatever... that .50 cal won't do poo against a tank.

Same here. Been hunting a big portion of my life. Been using a 1908 mosin nagant as a deer rifle for the past 5 years (without a scope) and an old Remington 12ga. for a long time and will probably buy another .22 rifle for squirrels and to teach my daughter how to hunt. It's all a part of my growing up, but you only need so much. I mean why do you need much more than a couple rifles and shotguns and a couple handguns? 

And not everyone should have them or access to them. Anyone even remotely likely to use them against another person should be kept from them.

• Pie 1

Antifa, smartly, didn't show up after the investigation into threats were made public. Don't listen to Rodeo, anyone with a sand grain worth of brain power knows the black-clad kids would've been there in droves had officials not, smartly, warned people.