Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NAS

The Chiefs blueprint

Reid's teams have only gone as far as his QB's have allowed. If they win the SB then you can say that the only thing holding him back all these years and teams he's coached was having a franchise QB. He's built really good Teams before and the main thing that sticks out to me has always been that they could never get over that hump because of the QB. 

Reids blueprint and philosophy has been made easier to execute mainly because he finally found his QB that will get the job done. Smith, McNabb, Vick, etc etc while being decent QB's don't have that franchise qb title Mahomes has. 

We have a Franchise QB in Cam. I fully believe that, when he's not injured. This regime has a decision to make. Rebuild with Cam again, or cut ties. That's the million dollar question, what will they do going forward in this rebuild? Keep or deal Cam?

Either way is fine with me. One could take longer. Each has its pros and Cons. I am excited to see which way they go, i'll support their decision going forward. 

4 hours ago, NAS said:

Drafted an elite QB in Mahomes - even though everyone else didn’t see him as such coming out of college. Then, they didn’t wait - and tried to surround him with talent and embraced a win now mentality knowing that their best chance is while they have him on his first and cheapest contract. They traded their 2019 first round pick for Frank Clarke, knowing they needed a better pass rush to make it to the super bowl.  Clarke was huge against the Texans with 3 sacks in crucial moments to help them overcome a 24 pt deficit. 

At any rate, I think the Infatuation with stockpiling future draft picks is overrated when you have a window with an MVP young QB and can choose to surround him with key pieces to win a Super Bowl. We will see if it works out.

I couldn’t help but think how Rivera, Hurney and Gettleman all blew it and didn’t give Cam even an offensive line to work with or even weapons at WR.  Hurney put us in cap hell while Gettleman kept getting rid of critical pieces like Smith, Norman and gave a terrible contract to Kalil.  They rode Cam in to the ground and now we have to start over.

If we do somehow draft an elite QB, I hope that the future will be different and they do whatever it takes to be great. I laughed at the Falcons for trading away their picks to draft Julio Jones but they turnes out to be right. He has been the best at his position and, if not for a 28-3 debacle, they would have a SB to show for it.  

if the Panthers truly think Joe Burrow is the next Mahomes, they should do what it takes to get him and be smart in free agency to build around him.  

p.s. I am operating under the assumption that Can will be released or traded. If Cam stays, then they should do the same to give him the offensive line he needs to be successful.

The Falcons are a great example. 28-3 was because they ran out of gas and had no lines to control the game.

the Julio trade pick screwed them for years. They could not make up all the draft picks lost and their depth was terrible.

i like the 49ers model better. They have a great team and will pummel Kansas City. 

It’s going to be 3/4 years before we can even talk Super Bowl. 

21 minutes ago, JARROD said:

The Falcons are a great example. 28-3 was because they ran out of gas and had no lines to control the game.

the Julio trade pick screwed them for years. They could not make up all the draft picks lost and their depth was terrible.

i like the 49ers model better. They have a great team and will pummel Kansas City. 

I disagree, the falcons, thank god, just blew it.

mutiple times, after they drafted Julio they had there best stretch in franchise history, they failed to add depth because they kept spamming picks at cb. 

they blew it just from choking 

All I read was “Hurney put us in cap hell and Gettleman released all the potential cap hell players”.  Please stop making my head hurt.  

Its looking like KC found them a generational talent at QB, not something you can count on just because you decide that is what you are going to do.

If anything the 49ers blueprint is probably more dependable. 

11 hours ago, bull123 said:

Of all the teams in the playoffs, the TItans looked the most like what I think we could be short term

run they ball, stop the run...their OL and DL are really, really good

now if they had an elite QB and a couple elite secondary guys....

except they have a bunch of dogs on both sides 

7 hours ago, JARROD said:

san fran DL is what we want, it is what all teams want

Doesn't matter how good your QB is if the opponents DL plants him on his (*@ every couple plays.  Mahomes is amazing, no doubt, but that line ain't bad.

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Doesn't matter how good your QB is if the opponents DL plants him on his (*@ every couple plays.  Mahomes is amazing, no doubt, but that line ain't bad.

pressure on QB's is the only way to stop these guys

we need to load up on DL & OL

14 hours ago, diddyb said:

The Chiefs were also a playoff team before they added Mahomes.  Alex Smith, while being a good QB was holding them back from being a Super Bowl caliber team.  They have not had a losing season since 2012, zero under Andy Reid.

2019 12-4-0 1st -- AFC West 2-0 - Advanced to Superbowl Andy Reid  
2018 12-4-0 1st -- AFC West 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Andy Reid  
2017 10-6-0 1st -- AFC West 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Andy Reid  
2016 12-4-0 1st -- AFC West 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Andy Reid  
2015 11-5-0 2nd -- AFC West 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Andy Reid  
2014 9-7-0 2nd -- AFC West -- Andy Reid  
2013 11-5-0 2nd -- AFC West 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Andy Reid

God, I wonder what its like to have a team like that?  Must be amazing....

10 hours ago, JARROD said:

LOL the Julio trade is not the reason they blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.  That is absurd.

4 hours ago, joemac said:

LOL the Julio trade is not the reason they blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.  That is absurd.

That’s my middle name.