Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Verge

The case for Jameis

Next year isn’t a tank year. I think we do everything we can to bring Cam back for a year, if we can’t then we start the rebuild from here. If we do keep him and we suck we let him walk and start the bad years after that. 7 years for Rhules contract is oddly specific given the 5 year rule most GM and owners follow. 

1 year with Cam if he wants to come back

1 year to tank if it doesn’t work

5 years to build a team to contend

I think they laid out Rhules contract with hope that Cam is back for at least one more year

We don't need him to lose, we have Grier and Allen. He sure isn't coming here to win. He is a dud. As a human as well as a player.

I'm still not convinced we aren't starring down the barrel of a complete rebuild, not that we can 100% know until the Cam situation is resolved. I'm also not convinced we could come out of this offseason ready to compete. Hell, just implementing good coaching and getting players to buy in while understanding the direction should take a year minimum with how the team has been run the last 9 years.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

We have Cam and he can do everything Jameis can, only better.   Also next year is not a tank year.  Look experiments are fine but we are now committed to winning.  We can go 8-8 and that’s better than 1-15 because it is closer to 16-0 which should be our goal.

8-8 would be a disaster with Cam. Wasted year

Did someone really just suggest bringing in the crab leg loving QB from Tampa or am I still buzzing from Bud Light Hard Seltzer?

• Pie 1

Wow, in what world would we want Lameass Jameis Winston? Let's eat a W? Seems his diet is mainly INTs.

• Pie 2

He's miles better than mariota if we wanna go average/below average young veteran route. But it's still a suspect choice. 

I'll pass.  Some other QB guru type is going to want to prove they can finally maximize his talents and minimize his turnovers.  Let them.  He has all of the tools, he's young enough, BUT he just can't fix his turnover problem.  He could be one of the best if he would just fix his turn over problem!

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Let's give the OP a break here.  He is thinking outside the box and gives us a topic we have not seen 100 times.  I disagree with him, and this is not even his opinion, but Winston has talent and when he is on, he looks great.

But Winston is a turd and he is stupid

Full Stop.

I have a lot of respect for Verge, and I see the logic in what he's saying, but I can't get behind this idea.

When you throw so many interceptions that even Ryan Tannehill seems like a more viable option, what more is there to say?

Stay away from meth kids.

This thread should be changed to an "I'd rather ____ than sign Jameis Winston". I'll start.

I'd rather eat a piece of sushi made by a gas station that dropped on their bathroom floor than sign Jameis Winston

Edited by X-Clown

6 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

Can someone elaborate on "Joe Brady is only here for a year."

Who knows?  Thats pretty ridiculous if you ask me.  The only way Brady is only here for 1 year is if we somehow average 450 yards and 30+ points a game, with a revolutionary new system that just blows the doors off the entire league.  What do we think the odds of this happening next year are, realistically?  

• Pie 1