Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

If Rhule and Brady stay with Cam Newton this upcoming season, Jerry Jeudy makes the most sense for them. Rhule and Brady are going to attack the defense heavily. A lot, a lot of points. Jerry Jeudy is the perfect and most realistic pick at 7. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

our offensive line would look phenomenal as is because our QB would be getting the ball out very quickly

i want to believe this

Cam will get killed behind this line.  We have to beef it up to give him a chance

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

i want to believe this

Don't. Having to get the ball out quick is a symptom of a bad o-line not a band aid for it. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

Just now, jfra78 said:

Cam will get killed behind this line.  We have to beef it up to give him a chance

Yeah, if we're running slow developing plays that take a decade to develop ..

Snap the ball and throw it to D.J. Moore in 2 seconds .. big play.

Not, snap the ball, wait for Kelvin Benjamin to lug his slow ass down the field, then chuck the ball 40 yards in the air .. no, just drop it off to one of our weapons in 2 seconds.

Completely negates any offensive line deficiencies.

4 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Yeah, if we're running slow developing plays that take a decade to develop ..

Snap the ball and throw it to D.J. Moore in 2 seconds .. big play.

Not, snap the ball, wait for Kelvin Benjamin to lug his slow ass down the field, then chuck the ball 40 yards in the air .. no, just drop it off to one of our weapons in 2 seconds.

Completely negates any offensive line deficiencies.

then the defense will just blitz and keep all defenders within 8 yds of the line of scrimmage.  we need o-line desperately to maintain the deep threat and keep defenders from crowding the line.  this doesn't end well for the qb in your scenario.

Edited by billionairemonk
clarification

5 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

then the defense will just blitz and keep all defenders within 8 yds of the line of scrimmage.  we need o-line desperately to maintain the deep threat and keep defenders from crowding the line.  this doesn't end well for the qb in your scenario.

lol .. what about the opposing CB's .. you're betting our WR's won't be able to get wide-open before the blitz comes home.

Moore, Jeudy, Samuel, all have a great chance of schooling the hell out of whoever is across from them any given play.

The opposing defense wants to blitz? Send Moore, and Jeudy on slant routes .. at least one DB is going to get burned to a crisp.

60 yard TD off a 5 yard throw. BOOM. That's how you win games.

Not gonna lie, Joe Brady having a weapon like Jeudy to play with sounds very enticing. That said, this draft supposedly is very deep at WR so long term it would probably make more sense to beef up the trenches with the top pick and round out the skill players later.

• Pie 3

imagine trying to throw to Jeudy while on your back

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

lol .. what about the opposing CB's .. you're betting our WR's won't be able to get wide-open before the blitz comes home.

Moore, Jeudy, Samuel, all have a great chance of schooling the hell out of whoever is across from them any given play.

The opposing defense wants to blitz? Send Moore, and Jeudy on slant routes .. at least one DB is going to get burned to a crisp.

60 yard TD off a 5 yard throw. BOOM. That's how you win games.

i want to believe this, but i just can't right now.  as a panthers fan, i hope you're right.

33 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Tom Brady has won 6 rings doing what I'm suggesting. Brady is most over-rated QB ever. He just gets the ball to one of his weapons as quickly as possible.

Brady has almost always had a premier LT along with very solid olineman at the other spots. I can't remember the last time a Patriots lineman was ranked DEAD LAST in pass pro. That stuff doesn't fly in NE. I think we have enough weapons for Cam. Could they be imporved? Yea they could be but I have a really hard time believeing a WR at 7 will help this team/Cam/the offense more than a lineman at 7. DT/OT HAS to be the pick at 7. Samuel should continue to improve from that WR2 spot. I think if we are going to upgrade a skill position on offense that would help the most is bring in another Athletic TE.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

imagine trying to throw to Jeudy while on your back

lol .. I think Jeudy will get open before the rush hits home .. and if Jeudy doesn't then Moore will .. and if Moore doesn't then Samuel will .. and if Samuel doesn't then CMC will ..

Stop with the offensive line. Doing what I suggest remedies any problems with our offensive line.

• Pie 1