Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

Albert Breer: Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio could be hired after his contract runs out

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Dorsey has something of a rep for being an a--hole to work with. That was apparently why he ended up out of Kansas City.

Mind you, I don't care if someone is an a--hole if they do their job well. Just pointing that out. 

I'm with you, and couldn't give two rats asses about it to be honest.

This franchise has been a place of family and harmony for too long...IMO.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

hrm, I was not aware of this, and that's significant information and a little disappointing. When we got Tepper, I guess I was wrongly assuming we had someone who had at least some exposure to the football side. Could be a bumpy ride indeed.

He has access to some of the best football people in the business, one of whom has a contract expiring in a few months.

Kevin Colbert might be too old to hire as a permanent GM, but I would absolutely bring him in as a consultant, hand him the keys and say "reshape it any way you want" without a second thought.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mind you, I don't care if someone is an a--hole if they do their job well. Just pointing that out. 

Unless you have to work with them. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He has access to some of the best football people in the business, one of whom has a contract expiring in a few months.

Kevin Colbert might be too old to hire as a permanent GM, but I would absolutely bring him in as a consultant, hand him the keys and say "reshape it any way you want" without a second thought.

This would make my day.

• Pie 1

Just now, CBDellinger said:

To a certain extent.

I've made a lot of money working under assholes...typically the length of my stay is short, but the money was worth it.

Again, if you are an ass and bad at your job, that a recipe for disaster, an ass and the best at your job?  I'm in....for a while if the $$$ is there.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

This would make my day.

Mine too.

Just now, CBDellinger said:

Understood. Scott O'Brien was arguably the best special teams coach we ever had but everybody that had to work with him hated him.

You have to find the right balance. If everybody likes you, that's probably not good either.

This whole discussion assumes Marty isn't doing his job and is likely to be fired post draft. I have read little to suggest that any of that is true. In fact Hurney has done a very good job since he came back and that is a general consensus outside of a dozen vocal posters on the huddle. I think Tepper does know what he is doing and apparently the advice he must be getting from his football people must be Hurney is doing a good job as well.  Then again I am sure that those complaining know more about football and money than Tepper.    

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

This whole discussion assumes Marty isn't doing his job and is likely to be fired post draft. I have read little to suggest that any of that is true. In fact Hurney has done a very good job since he came back and that is a general consensus outside of a dozen vocal posters on the huddle. I think Tepper does know what he is doing and apparently the advice he must be getting from his football people must be Hurney is doing a good job as well.  Then again I am sure that those complaining know more about football and money than Tepper.    

Damn it I knew Hurney had an account on the huddle

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Not to rehash this topic, but outside of his first round successes, what has he done that leads you to this thought? 

If you created a "pros/cons" list and named off items, is your "pro" column truly that much greater than your "cons" column at this high of a level of a billion-dollar organization that is supposedly against mediocrity, to keep him as the right-hand man to your #1?

25 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

There are no facts to support this supposition.  None.  

It never was true and never will be.

• Flames 1

46 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Please explain in detail with facts, not opinion.

• Flames 1

Looks like Texans gave their HC the official title of GM....

Rapoport.png

4 minutes ago, DFive said:

Looks like Texans gave their HC the official title of GM....

Rapoport.png

I can't see any way that this could possibly go wrong.