Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

WarPanthers89

Cam Newton: Foot injury a “blessing” for his shoulder.

7 minutes ago, Megadeth said:

Here's some scenarios for you Mr Mathematician. We trade Cam for draft picks at other positions, then we acquire a decent roster and become middle of pack by jumping into the career back-up QB carousel of Hoyer, Foles, Sanchize and Kyle Allen types. So where in your calculations does it account for finding our next franchise QB with middle of the round picks in the foreseeable future? 

If we're going to trade Cam, wouldn't we better off using those damn draft picks to trade up and replace Cam? 

You talk about what ifs with Cam, then bring up Brady. You think Brady doesn't come with a ton of question marks himself?

-Will Brady be a good fit with our new mostly college staff?

-How much does Brady have left at his age?

-Is he capable of more than what we saw this season (which IMO was average to below average)? 

Is current Brady capable of outplaying a healthy Cam?

I've mentioned before in a previous post that I felt bad for our elite players and thought that they deserved to go to a better team. But trading Cam for two 2nd round picks (allegedly his predicted free agency going rate), then drafting two decent 2nd rounders with no way of knowing if we'll have a decent QB in the foreseeable future. Is in no way better than taking a chance on Cam who may still have a few more good years in him. 

To catch games live in Australia i have to wake up at 1am-4am on a Monday to catch Sunday games. If I am going to wake up that early on a workday I would like to at least enjoy some Panther football again, and I believe Cam can do that if healthy.

Welcome Mr Downunder.  Never ever thought of bringing Brady here.  Would not want that ever.

Do not want to go back into this subject, its played out.  IF healthy are the words everyone uses.  Not much of a limb to go out on there is it?

If we could get Cam of 2015 back, nobody would have these conversations.  So the "if healthy" stuff, is pretty insulated.  Not very bold as it is everyones opinion, even mine.  My whole point was that we probably WONT get back the Cam of 2015.  If you had to take all your money out of the bank and bet it on Cam being his 2015 self, would you do it?

Sorry about all the fires down there, hope you and yours fared well

So many posters are dreaming of their great white hope starting again next season no matter how terrible he is. Got to get that showboating black guy out of here even if he is worlds better than the alternative, right?

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 3

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So many posters are dreaming of their great white hope starting again next season no matter how terrible he is. Got to get that showboating black guy out of here even if he is worlds better than the alternative, right?

Pretty shallow and weak, but whatever

9 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

How is this stuff allowed?

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How is this stuff allowed?

Because it’s blatantly obvious what 75% of the people wanting Cam gone actually care about and don’t try and deny it mr alt 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Megadeth said:

Here's some scenarios for you Mr Mathematician. We trade Cam for draft picks at other positions, then we acquire a decent roster and become middle of pack by jumping into the career back-up QB carousel of Hoyer, Foles, Sanchize and Kyle Allen types. So where in your calculations does it account for finding our next franchise QB with middle of the round picks in the foreseeable future? 

If we're going to trade Cam, wouldn't we better off using those damn draft picks to trade up and replace Cam? 

You talk about what ifs with Cam, then bring up Brady. You think Brady doesn't come with a ton of question marks himself?

-Will Brady be a good fit with our new mostly college staff?

-How much does Brady have left at his age?

-Is he capable of more than what we saw this season (which IMO was average to below average)? 

Is current Brady capable of outplaying a healthy Cam?

I've mentioned before in a previous post that I felt bad for our elite players and thought that they deserved to go to a better team. But trading Cam for two 2nd round picks (allegedly his predicted free agency going rate), then drafting two decent 2nd rounders with no way of knowing if we'll have a decent QB in the foreseeable future. Is in no way better than taking a chance on Cam who may still have a few more good years in him. 

To catch games live in Australia i have to wake up at 1am-4am on a Monday to catch Sunday games. If I am going to wake up that early on a workday I would like to at least enjoy some Panther football again, and I believe Cam can do that if healthy.

Take a look around the league and see where the best QBs were taken. It's not top 5 that's for sure. 

So his Shoulder wasn't 100% and Rivera was going to ride him into the ground again? 

Thank god we hopefully have a better coach with a more innovative offense this time around. 

Edited by Snake

And to think, this thread is only 2 weeks old

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

And to think, this thread is only 2 weeks old

It appears that it is as irrelevant then as it is now.

• Beer 1

On 2/1/2020 at 7:07 PM, stirs said:

Pretty shallow and weak, but whatever

No it's not. Check the Panthers facebook page. It's chock full of closets racist hating on Cam because, "He's too worried about fashion, he hasn't been right since the fumble, fake smile, SKam  Newton, THUG, Can't read a defense." Cowards too afraid to say what they really mean. They'd rather have aw shucks Jake Delhomme throwing  5 INTs a game if meant whitey gets to play QB. 

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 4

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

No it's not. Check the Panthers facebook page. It's chock full of closets racist hating on Cam because, "He's too worried about fashion, he hasn't been right since the fumble, fake smile, SKam  Newton, THUG, Can't read a defense." Cowards too afraid to say what they really mean. They'd rather have aw shucks Jake Delhomme throwing  5 INTs a game if meant whitey gets to play QB. 

Soooo, someone dissed Cam a few years back, and for that, you want to ignore the present situation for the football team just to spite some moron for what he posted years back?

Sounds like a sound policy for a rebuild

13 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

giphy.gif

• Pie 1

Teams, when we are trying to trade Newton, would be like, alright, he passed a physical .. he is healthy now but he was healthy before 2019 pre-season, too, and then got injured again - so how long will he be healthy? We'll give you a third rounder ..

And in that scenario, we will rightly say, we'll just keep him for 20 million (far below market value) and see if he can stay healthy for us.

2 hours ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Teams, when we are trying to trade Newton, would be like, alright, he passed a physical .. he is healthy now but he was healthy before 2019 pre-season, too, and then got injured again - so how long will he be healthy? We'll give you a third rounder ..

And in that scenario, we will rightly say, we'll just keep him for 20 million (far below market value) and see if he can stay healthy for us.

Could be

Just 2 weeks ago, you mention a trade and people turned inside out.  But now, they are all discussing like it could happen.

But you are correct, the juice might not be worth the squeeze, and we keep Newton.  It is all for discussion.  For all you guys know, Cam might be in on the trade.  Knowing that the Chargers might be a desired location for him and his family and future, Cam and the team might be upping his trade value AND his signing value.  You never know these things.

Cam would make a ton outside football in NY or LA, he has the marketing thing going and would have a very big future after he is retired.

Anyway, guess it just takes a few days for it to sink in, 2 weeks in fact.

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

giphy.gif

Deep

Will ponder