Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

With the retirement of Luke and Olsen leaving as well as all our pending free agents where do we stand money wise heading into free agency next month. 

It's hard to follow so I turn to the experts.

Thanks

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

About $36.8 million in cap room.

Roughly $26.6 million in dead cap assuming Olsen gets cut.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he retires? If he signs with someone else?

Any change?

5 minutes ago, Second_Solution said:

Are we eligible for any comp picks for Olsen? Not sure how it works if he's technically cut

No we won’t be.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That number is correct however it may not be depending on what they want to do with some of the dead cap space.  You could spread Luke's dead cap number over 2 years which means he only cost 4 million this year and 7 million in 2021.  Poe is in a option year, which has a 13 million cap hit.  It is a team not a player option so if they don't pick it up, and why would they, that is another 10 million for 2020.  So without cutting anyone and just rearranging some money that number could be 53 million in cap room.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, bababoey said:

That number is correct however it may not be depending on what they want to do with some of the dead cap space.  You could spread Luke's dead cap number over 2 years which means he only cost 4 million this year and 7 million in 2021.  Poe is in a option year, which has a 13 million cap hit.  It is a team not a player option so if they don't pick it up, and why would they, that is another 10 million for 2020.  So without cutting anyone and just rearranging some money that number could be 53 million in cap room.

Plus another 19ish if cam is cut/traded?

Question is what do you do with all that space?

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Plus another 19ish if cam is cut/traded?

Question is what do you do with all that space?

Didn’t Cam just say he was going to be playing here? I don’t think there’s anymore “if”

1 minute ago, jbland said:

Didn’t Cam just say he was going to be playing here? I don’t think there’s anymore “if”

I dont think its his decision to make.

• Poo 3

47 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Going back to the F/A thread from a few days ago there really isnt a whole lot of names on there that blow you away.  Certainly no line help.  Will be interesting to see how we manage our cap with this new dude.  Maybe we save it all for next year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

Don't quote me on this, but there were some rumblings that teams might have to spend money they have this year and won't be able to carry over funds because of the CBA expiring after the season and the threat of a lockout. 

• Pie 1

Well we need LG, DT, DE, CB (2), FS, Edge, LB (upgraded), and extend CMC. That money will go fast...

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think its his decision to make.

That’s a fact but I doubt Cam would be so public about him playing for the panthers if there were a chance we trade him this year.