Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Snake

Moving back to the 4-3

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Christian Miller? The rookie who played less than 25% of the snaps in the 7 games he was healthy, hasnt shown you enough to prove he is an NFL player? I thought he shined and showed some potential in that game against AZ.

You are normally not this quick to jump on a player. I'd say we give the kid another year or two to show what he has before just writing him off.

Saying he's unproven isn't writing him off.

But while I'd agree it's too early to write him off, I wouldn't be making any scheme decisions based on his value either.

When he did play, which wasn't much (sometimes due to injury, sometimes not) I saw him get thrown off of enough tackles to say his playing strength isn't so hot. He whiffed on some as well.

Not writing him off, but also not impressed so far.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Burns can play 4-3 DE. And why not include Mario? 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Saying he's unproven isn't writing him off.

But while I'd agree it's too early to write him off, I wouldn't be making any scheme decisions based on his value either.

When he did play, which wasn't much (sometimes due to injury, sometimes not) I saw him get thrown off of enough tackles to say his playing strength isn't so hot. He whiffed on some as well.

Not writing him off, but also not impressed so far.

That's a fair assessment. At this moment, I believe Miller has the potential to go either way. DE or LB. NFL off season dedication and regimen can really transform a player. I'd be interested to see what comes of him and burns this off season. Hopefully, Rhule has a plan in place. 

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

This^

Not sure why we are discounting Burns at DE. He is 6'5 250lbs.... 

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

He's a free agent, not guaranteed to be back.

Riviera valued him. Do we know for sure that Rhule or Snow will?

25 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That's a fair assessment. At this moment, I believe Miller has the potential to go either way. DE or LB. NFL off season dedication and regimen can really transform a player. I'd be interested to see what comes of him and burns this off season. Hopefully, Rhule has a plan in place. 

I wasn’t impressed either. I distinctly remember at least two rushing TDs where he just got sucked in for walk ins. He lost the edge way too easy. I think he had a couple sacks but our outside edges on the run were as bad as our insides. Everything was bad but he was noticeably bad against the run and that’s without playing much.

It’s a rebuild for sure and I hope we stick with the plan because we have some guys who absolutely need playing time and strength on the OL and DL and we’ve got a chance to get a bunch of 2021 comp picks. We need more bodies to see if we can hit on several. Growing pains but I’d rather see the young guys get a chance.

Just an FYI, but SF did the comp pick process while getting their 4 first round DL. From 2014 to 2017, they had 10-12 draft picks every year. Not 7 or 6, 10-12. Even the past two years  9 and 8. More ammo, better chance to hit a target. It was just trading down, it was lots of comp picks as well. We just need an anti-Marty helping him post round 1, so we don’t keep wasting day two and three picks.

36 minutes ago, t96 said:

Last year proved he couldn't. He came out on every 4 lineman alignment. I suppose you could force the issue but why? 

37 minutes ago, t96 said:

Mario is one of a zillion FAs we have. It’s not going to just be about cap space. I think some of our FAs will be thinking about whether or not they want to be part of a rebuild.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We just need an anti-Marty helping him post round 1, so we don’t keep wasting day two and three picks.

I'd actually prefer a No Marty.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That doesn’t seem to be a possibility so we go with what we’ve got. I hope we go all in on a rebuild although I still have no idea on Cam.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would like anything but the Panthers way at this point. 

With Kuechly gone, I'd like to keep building the 3-4 and get rid of the guys that don't fit in it.

• Beer 1

The newly hired head coach and DC have both said we'll be using a variety of schemes and basing scheme off of the strengths of our players. Until I actually see evidence to the contrary, I'm assuming we're not going to be running any particular system exclusively or even predominantly.

Yes, i'm well aware Rivera made similar statements at the beginning of his tenure. No, I don't think that because the new coach is a homo sapien with ears, eyes and a nose that he will do the same things the old coach did. For the moment I will take the new coaches at their word until they demonstrate that I should not.

Edited by 1of10Charnatives

We're going to need a bigger DE opposite Burns, and he's not on the roster.  it's just another hole of many.  Too many to be fixed this year, even if we had 2 seconds and 2 thirds.

I hate that we didn't  do better with our comp picks.

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

The newly hired head coach and DC have both said we'll be using a variety of schemes and basing scheme off of the strengths of our players. Until I actually see evidence to the contrary, I'm assuming we're not going to be running any particular system exclusively or even predominantly.

We're going to be stealing from the Saints and running 11 DBs. They'll never know what hit em.