Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jamos14

Baylor's Sean Padden hired as VP of Football Operations

Y’all don’t realize this is how it works. Dude promises his buddies if he ever hits the big time he’ll take them with him. Rhule knows Tepper expects big things from him so I’m not really worried about him keeping underperforming coaches around.

7 minutes ago, DubE_4MR said:

Tepper is basically giving Matt Rhule no excuses for failure. He's gotten everything he's wanted. 

• Pie 2

Also noteworthy, this is a changeup...

Bill Voth was one of a couple of guys early on who said that Tepper planned for that to be one job. Now it's two separate jobs.

Just wait until the draft. We’ll draft all the Baylor players.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

The Baylor athletic dept...

lonely ghost town GIF

hey they have the top basketball team in the country in mens and are top 5 in womens. Not all bad.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MVPccaffrey said:

If this whole Baylor cronyism experiment doesn't work, which seems likely, Tepper might become known as the new Jimmy Haslam.

It's not cronyism though...

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, like everyone I'm wishing for the best, but as I sit back and watch this process I keep getting haunted by the ghost of Chip Kelly.

Here's hoping it's just me he haunts and not the Panthers.

To be honest, Kelly lost the team in his 3rd year when he became in charge of personnel and started cutting top players after wearing out the players for 2 years. If we could get his 2 seasons' winning records of 10-6 each and playoffs, I'd let him haunt you for 2 years. :)

IMHO Kelly required yes men. Rhule might have his guys around him but it seems he encouraged them to think outside the box, to challenge him, and the last thing he wants is yes men. Thus Brady and Snow. I hope it's more than just words.

4 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

To be honest, Kelly lost the team in his 3rd year when he became in charge of personnel and started cutting top players after wearing out the players for 2 years. If we could get his 2 seasons' winning records of 10-6 each and playoffs, I'd let him haunt you for 2 years. :)

IMHO Kelly required yes men. Rhule might have his guys around him but it seems he encouraged them to think outside the box, to challenge him, and the last thing he wants is yes men. Thus Brady and Snow. I hope it's more than just words.

Well, remember Rhule did say he wanted a former NFL head coach on his staff, but he didn't hire one. Rivera has said that was actually his biggest mistake when he started out.

Probably worth noting that Rivera also said he was gonna do a lot of things that he never actually did.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, remember Rhule did say he wanted a former NFL head coach on his staff, but he didn't hire one. Rivera has said that was actually his biggest mistake when he started out.

Probably worth noting that Rivera also said he was gonna do a lot of things that he never actually did.

Yeah, wish lists and all of that. Being a former HC probably wasn't as high on his requirements list as talent and vision. Comparison to RR? Rhule has been a HC. RR was never a HC before coming to the Panthers. Rhule knows the job and its demands even if it was in college.

You're okay with Chip Kelly haunting you for 2 years? Cool!

Just now, GRWatcher said:

Yeah, wish lists and all of that. Being a former HC probably wasn't as high on his requirements list as talent and vision. Comparison to RR? Rhule has been a HC. RR was never a HC before coming to the Panthers. Rhule knows the job and its demands even if it was in college.

You're okay with Chip Kelly haunting you for 2 years? Cool!

College head coach and pro head coach are very different jobs.

I'd add that Rhule had an easy option in Tom Coughlin. Coughlin was said to be advising him anyway. It would have been easy to add him on as a consultant of some sort.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

College head coach and pro head coach are very different jobs.

I'd add that Rhule had an easy option in Tom Coughlin. Coughlin was said to be advising him anyway. It would have been easy to add him on as a consultant of some sort.

And he still may do that. Not with a title that attaches Coughlin to his staff.

Yes, of course they are different jobs. There still remain many basics common to both. Like clock management! Who woulda' thought!

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Nah I’m good. Make a serious wager and I’ll consider it. 

Lol you’ve said multiple times you believe the Skins will win the super bowl yet pussy out on the wager shows that you’re just trolling to be a dumbass. Man up or shut up 

No idea if this is good or bad, but I’m wondering what Rhules catch phrase will be ? 
We’ve had “it is what it is” and “missed opportunities” can’t wait to hear his.  Lol.  

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, jamos14 said:

I hope this is right correct.  Maybe the position Padden was hired for is a "liason" between FO and football staff.  That translates much better than anything requiring NFL scouting & cap management.

That's exactly what he is by the description given in that tweet. He is likely going to be the go-between for the staff and Marty/Tepper/Asst. GM. He's going to be updating on what the staff sees and the kind of moves the staff is interested in for the roster so the decision makers on that front can start compiling guys.

I like a big staff, but I just don't want there to be a disconnect with ownership/management and coach. That's my biggest worry right now. The staff is going to have to prove themselves regardless, so I'm withholding any anxiety there until preseason.

• Milkshake 1