Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
jamos14

Baylor's Sean Padden hired as VP of Football Operations

This is one hire I don't like at all.  I'm ok with the college coaches because coaching football & leadership translates.  This VP position was supposed to be all about pro scouting/cap management and allow Marty to focus on college scouting.  Padden has 0 experience in the NFL/scouting/salary cap management.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

Not a fan of this either. I feel like the Baylor hires have gone from Rhule bringing in guys who are familiar and will help build the program he wants to us just not being able to get other people. 

It's cause Rhule has no NFL connections. Put me on record as this whole thing ending in unmitigated disaster. 

not sure this is the same role that Tepper alluded to in the beginning. maybe there are two VP jobs open for the Panthers right now?

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Rastlet said:

It's cause Rhule has no NFL connections. Put me on record as this whole thing ending in unmitigated disaster. 

I won't lie, I have been very concerned about most of his hires. This is either going to go really well or be the darkest time period in Panthers franchise history. 

1 minute ago, vorbis said:

not sure this is the same role that Tepper alluded to in the beginning. maybe there are two VP jobs open for the Panthers right now?

I hope this is right correct.  Maybe the position Padden was hired for is a "liason" between FO and football staff.  That translates much better than anything requiring NFL scouting & cap management.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I won't lie, I have been very concerned about most of his hires. This is either going to go really well or be the darkest time period in Panthers franchise history. 

We won 1 divisional matchup last year under Ron Rivera and finished on an 8 game losing streak. The season before that we also finished on a lengthy losing streak. I guess we could end up worse somehow but this would have to be the worst staff in NFL history to do worse than Ron and his cronies the last few seasons.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

Hell, I once visited Baylor and have managed fantasy football teams since the late '80s. Maybe I should reach out and see if there are any unfilled positions remaining. 

• Pie 4
  • Milkshake 1

If @jamos14 doesn’t agree with the move and thinks it sucks - then that’s all I needed to hear. I love this hire. 

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

Agreed.  Rivera was ripped for his nepotism, but this is shaping up to be the same type of situation all over again.  Maybe these guys will actually perform, but it's not a good look to just hire all of your buddies with no experience.