Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Steve Smith covers a variety of topics...

He’s such an interesting guy. I love Steve Smith the Panther. I love Steve Smith the competitor. I love Steve Smith the man. Above all I love Steve Smiths honesty. 

Yet there is plenty about him I can’t stand all at the same time. But maybe that’s what I love most about him. At the end of the day he’s human. He’s just like all of us. He just happened to be one of the greatest WRs of all time despite being an undersized underdog on the way to the top

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Pound for pound, Steve Smith might be the toughest person ever to play for the Panthers. 

And he was such a prick, I am not sure if there was ever a point where his penis stopped and the rest of him started.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

It’s kind of understandable that he is the way he is. Being 5 years old and watching your mother get beat around had to create all sorts of unresolved anger and trauma.

• Pie 5

59 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

It’s kind of understandable that he is the way he is. Being 5 years old and watching your mother get beat around had to create all sorts of unresolved anger and trauma.

I get it, believe me.  I actually have a book coming out this fall called "Building Trauma-Sensitive, Social-Emotional School Cultures."  I actually consult school systems in transforming school cultures and am working with CASEL in Chicago on developing a process to assess trauma levels and incorporate them into the school's approach to discipline.  I was traumatized, and there is a difference between going into defense or attack mode when triggered than treating everyone that way.  Smith describes me to the letter---and there is a point in your life when you must decide to step away from victimization or you will become an accomplice to your own demise.  He has a great family, fans, and money.  He is successful.  While his microsystem is small and secure, those who do not threaten it should not be perceived as enemies or threats.  When Smitty hit teammates, I felt that I knew what it was about.  I earned a scholarship and played football in college--it is great therapy--you get to hit people.  But you cannot take it off the field--and you cannot use it as an excuse to do and say what you want to people.  You need to learn that they world is not all about you.  We all hurt.  Sorry, not meaning to preach, but you cannot excuse that kind of behavior because he is famous--I hope he finds his peace.

• Pie 7

Probably the greatest Panther ever. 

• Pie 4

18 minutes ago, MMA said:

It’s either Smitty or Peppers for me. Right now, nobody else really comes close. 

Perhaps if we keep CMC throughout his whole career and he delivers another couple of performances like this season but honestly Pep and Steve take 1a and 1b for me 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Cam Newton is the best Panther ever. But 89 is up there. He’s also the most fascinating to listen to. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Cam Newton is the best Panther ever. But 89 is up there. He’s also the most fascinating to listen to. 

Cam lacks the longevity imo. I’ve said before that he is the most important player in Panthers history. But best? I think Smitty and Pep are ahead of him in that regard 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MMA said:

I would say definitely. I’ve seen many come and go but nobody beats him for me. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Cam lacks the longevity imo. I’ve said before that he is the most important player in Panthers history. But best? I think Smitty and Pep are ahead of him in that regard 

I'd put Luke up there too. Cam had the highest peak but Smitty, Luke, and peppers had longer sustained success. I agree though, cam is definitely the most important player we've ever had and I love him for everything he has done for the team.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I'd put Luke up there too. Cam had the highest peak but Smitty, Luke, and peppers had longer sustained success. I agree though, cam is definitely the most important player we've ever had and I love him for everything he has done for the team.

These are pretty much my same exact thoughts. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Nah. Not even close to Smith

6 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

This confirms what we all suspected: DWill is a bitch.

You needed this to confirm that. Been saying that for a while. 

• Beer 1