Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Ja  Rhule

Jameis Winston underwent LASIK surgery to repair his vision

Maybe this will help out.......dang Jameis just threw another pick 6.

They should have given him an eye chart that mixed teammates and opposing players.

I always figured he couldn't see. He squinted his eyes a LOT :).

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

4565f7b1ff93cd7e03985cec52d16b6a.jpg

He wants the righty – the vile thing! The grab your throat and choke thing!

Good. This has been needed for awhile.

I fully expect the turnovers to decrease, and both he and Cam to be battling it out for the top spot in the south from here on out.

Dude has been squinting like he’s staring into the sun since his FSU days. Not surprising.

11 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Dude has been squinting like he’s staring into the sun since his FSU days. Not surprising.

What is surprising,  is why he didn't get it done years ago. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

This show help his interception completions now that he can see the players on opposite teams. His interceptions completions this year should increase from 30 to 40 or more.:)

I agree that it's good that he got his vision fixed but why would you wait until the end of your 5th year in the league to get it done?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I had lasik a few years ago, one of the best decisions of my life

1) does it hurt

2) how long is recovery

3) how much is it $$$

im strongly considering.  glasses and contacts will not last in the apocalypse

18 hours ago, The Huddler said:

1) does it hurt

2) how long is recovery

3) how much is it $$$

1) no, it’s uncomfortable for 5-15 minutes per eye though. More liked an irritated itch than pain. LASIK is about 10-15 minutes per eye, PRK is like 5 minutes per eye. 

2) lasik was a few days of having to wear shades always and liberally applying eye drops. PRK is supposedly quite a bit longer, 2 or 3 weeks I think I heard. 

3) for me? Zero dollars. I’m in the military heh

the two best things about it are no more for itchy and dry eyes from wearing contacts and no more migraines from wearing glasses, which I almost never wore because of the migraines (as well as no more periods of near blindness when I have to take my contacts out).

My eyes are now like there was never anything wrong with them. Perfect vision, no maintenance or anything, no discomfort, the impact it’s had on my quality of life is almost indescribable. There are three events in my life that utterly changed everything for me forever: marriage, birth of first kid, lasik.  

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 3

53 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

1) no, it’s unconfortable for 5-15 minutes per eye though. More liked an irritated itch than pain. LASIK is about 10-15 minutes per eye, PRK is like 5 minutes per eye. 

2) lasik was a few days of having to wear shades always and liberally applying eye drops. PRK is supposedly quite a bit longer, 2 or 3 weeks I think I heard. 

3) for me? Zero dollars. I’m in the military heh

the two best things about it are no more for itchy and dry eyes from wearing contacts and no more migraines from wearing glasses, which I almost never wore because of the migraines (as well as no more periods of near blindness when I have to take my contacts out).

My eyes are now like there was never anything wrong with them. Perfect vision, no maintenance or anything, no discomfort, the impact it’s had on my quality of life is almost indescribable. There are three events in my life that utterly changed everything for me forever: marriage, birth of first kid, lasik.  

awesome ill do this eventually

• Pie 1

Mind boggling this wasn't the first thing Winston did the moment he got his first NFL paycheck. Sure, let's throw the ball towards that red blob that could be a fan wearing a jacket.

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

1) does it hurt

2) how long is recovery

3) how much is it $$$

1. For me, my eyes were a bit tender aftewards. Only lasted an hour or two, though. Procedure might be even better than it was when I did it over ten years ago.

2. Patches over both eyes for the first few hours and heavily tinted shades for about a week. Results are immediate, however.

3. My all-LASIK procedure was over $3,000 but they did provide financing. I would not try to save money going with a cheaper method or someone other than a well regarded professional. Some health plans might help defray the costs as well.

And the only regret of doing it was not doing it sooner. 

• Pie 2