Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GoobyPls

Tepper has talked to media in one year more than Richardson did his whole tenured

Recommended Posts

I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing. Next to Jerry Jones he must be the most vocal owner in the league 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


said it once I’ll say it again until otherwise-

he needs to chill until he actually accomplishes something in the league

running around crowning Marty Hurney as some generational talent evaluator and our brand new NFL head coach as some great talent builder equally has the chance to blow up in his face massively as it does to make him appear as some great forward thinking owner 

Edited by mjligon
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 4
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is a little annoying but whatevs.  We have an active owner running the team.  He bought this, it isn't some ownership group, he's running his show and organization to his liking.  It looks like he wants to win but own his terms so get on the ride and see what happens.  THis gon' be a crazy coming year or so.    

  • Beer 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, saX man said:

The guy is a little annoying but whatevs.  We have an active owner running the team.  He bought this, it isn't some ownership group, he's running his show and organization to his liking.  It looks like he wants to win but own his terms so get on the ride and see what happens.  THis gon' be a crazy coming year or so.    

He said he wanted to win but hasn't done anything to back it up other than saying it will take 5 years, which is an abnormally long window for a rebuild, after saying he puts winning first. It certainly is exciting but it's also had enough red flags to be not the fun kind at times. I wouldn't care about the annoying angle if he was making more competent football moves the last two years. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DubE_4MR said:

I don't mind it yet. If we suck for 3 years then I'll start to think about it.

You can almost bet on us sucking next year so that’s 3 years of suck under Tepper’s watchful eye

Edited by mjligon
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He said he wanted to win but hasn't done anything to back it up other than saying it will take 5 years, which is an abnormally long window for a rebuild, after saying he puts winning first. It certainly is exciting but it's also had enough red flags to be not the fun kind at times. I wouldn't care about the annoying angle if he was making more competent football moves the last two years. 

5 year window is silly in the NFL. That's like the average playing career lol. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will take about 5 years to change the identity of the team to the perennial contender mindset. The rebuild I expect in 3. 

  • Beer 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mjligon said:

You can almost bet on us sucking next year so that’s 3 years of suck under Tepper’s watchful eye

Things would be different if Cam wasn’t hurt the last two years. And you can’t blame the injury on Tepper. 
 

Not saying you are wrong, but there is more to the story than you are letting on 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

take it in context

 

there is a hell of a lot going on right now. a lot of uncertain change. lots of people asking him questions. couple that with the age of social media and boom there you go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing. Next to Jerry Jones he must be the most vocal owner in the league 

He sho' seems to love that sweet, sweet attention.

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is a billionaire, bought a pro football team and has a really young trophy wife. He's in a celebrate me time of his life, he's going to talk and he has the dimes to do it. So what's it matter?

  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early on Richard was seen and heard loads more, people just forgot and the rise of social media happen afterwards. Plus he had heart transplant and thats a huge deal. After that he greatly reduced all his media and public appearances. 

I would do what-ever I wanted if in Teppers shoes and WOULD CARE ABOUT ANYONES opinions on my actions. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...