Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

(ATL'ien)CamNewton

If, for sure, Cam was not against playing '20 w/o an extension

Recommended Posts

How would that make everybody feel, then?

I am curious to know.

Under this scenario, where he has no gripes about playing out the last year of his contract, he would be costing 20 million against the cap

If we sign a free agent QB we will undoubtedly be spending more than 20 million ..

For 20 million - why the hell wouldn't we give Cam a chance to show he can stay healthy. I don't like this "..when he is healthy.." talk .. he will get healthy again. Will he stay healthy is the question.

But for 20 million .. why would we not keep Newton around. Talk to the contrary is so that public excitement is that much more when Newton actually does return, and return in a big way. Public will be even more pumped than normal because they thought Cam was leaving.

The ultimate question of this thread though - I've saw it thrown around that Newton may not want to play without an extension - the question is, if he was completely fine with not being extended, then how do you feel about the situation?

Edited by (ATL'ien)CamNewton
  • The D 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


If Cam has no problem not being extended before playing, then it is an absolute no brainer that we keep him.

And absolutely nothing suggests Cam not wanting to play unless he is extended.

I'm telling you. Everybody is wrong that thinks there is a chance Cam is leaving.

The media wants to fool you so you are surprised when Cam returns.

I won't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mods.  Take his privileges away

You'd get rid of Newton if he had no problem playing out the year for a poultry 20 million?

Nothing Tepper ever has said has put Cam's future in doubt here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Stop. You are going to run this thread off the rails.

Would you keep Cam for 20 million?

If he had no problem playing out his contract?

Yes or No

That’s the idea. Everyone is tired of your threads. Mostly because they are the same repetitive pop over and over and over again

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

That’s the idea. Everyone is tired of your threads. Mostly because they are the same repetitive pop over and over and over again

Cam is kind of important to the Carolina Panthers .. and we're on a Panthers forum .. expect some Cam threads around here .. especially threads that don't have him out the door.

I create the rare threads that have Cam staying when every other thread about Cam, and there are many of them, have Cam going away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Cam is kind of important to the Carolina Panthers .. and we're on a Panthers forum .. expect some Cam threads around here .. especially threads that don't have him out the door.

I create the rare threads that have Cam staying when every other thread about Cam, and there are many of them, have Cam going away.

No, you create the same BS threads over and over and over. I’ve been a member here for well over a decade my dude. I know how to spot the poo posters when I see them. Take care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

No, you create the same BS threads over and over and over. I’ve been a member here for well over a decade my dude. I know how to spot the poo posters when I see them. Take care

Yeah .. I knew there was absolutely no chance Cam Newton left and everybody else thought he was gone.

You are a bad fan. You actually think Cam Newton leaves this team lol .. no chance, people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Yeah .. I knew there was absolutely no chance Cam Newton left and everybody else thought he was gone.

You are a bad fan. You actually think Cam Newton leaves this team lol .. no chance, people.

I’ve said he will stay for months now. I just think you’re an idiot is all

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Cam is kind of important to the Carolina Panthers .. and we're on a Panthers forum .. expect some Cam threads around here .. especially threads that don't have him out the door.

I create the rare threads that have Cam staying when every other thread about Cam, and there are many of them, have Cam going away.

We need to talk...

It’s not Cam, it’s you. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

How would that make everybody feel, then?

I am curious to know.

Under this scenario, where he has no gripes about playing out the last year of his contract, he would be costing 20 million against the cap

If we sign a free agent QB we will undoubtedly be spending more than 20 million ..

For 20 million - why the hell wouldn't we give Cam a chance to show he can stay healthy. I don't like this "..when he is healthy.." talk .. he will get healthy again. Will he stay healthy is the question.

But for 20 million .. why would we not keep Newton around. Talk to the contrary is so that public excitement is that much more when Newton actually does return, and return in a big way. Public will be even more pumped than normal because they thought Cam was leaving.

The ultimate question of this thread though - I've saw it thrown around that Newton may not want to play without an extension - the question is, if he was completely fine with not being extended, then how do you feel about the situation?

Pretty simple, if he’s healthy enough to play AND you think you have a shot to compete for a title, you bring him back.  20mm is an insane value.
 

if the goal is to rebuild, you acquire draft picks, cut older players with bigger cap numbers.  Cam is a generational talent, but him single handedly carrying a dumpster fire to an 8-8 record is pretty counterproductive to a rebuild.  

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...