Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Pretty much. If we move on from Cam the only QB that has done it and looked decent doing so is Teddy. And yes, I'm biased, but the truth is the truth. My only question with Teddy is if he can do more than just manage the game. I think he's a good fit in the right offense, but I'm not sure he has the physical tools to carry the Franchise all the way to the Super Bowl.

I love the guy, and hope I'm wrong if he were to come here.

I feel like he would thrive under Brady personally I’d love to see him here if we get rid of Cam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


59 minutes ago, Snake said:

If we trade Newton I could definitely see us going after Hill or Bridgewater. 

I am a long way from convinced Hill will ever be more than a novelty.  Among everything else, he will be 30 by season's start and has to be considered a project.  I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not interested in a 30-year-old project under center, Cam or no Cam.  In fact, if we are rebuilding he fails the age test right out of the chute.

Things could get interesting in NOLA.  Bridgewater was decent in his starts when Brees was out, and I think he has interest around the league.  Hill wants a shot at starting sooner rather than later (which, as I have indicated would have to be considered a grand experiment).  They could wind up scrambling around looking for a backup, the way this is going.  And from what I know of their cap situation, it will need to be a budget backup.

Bridgewater should get much more serious interest than Hill.  I could see Bridgewater in Indy, New England, or Vegas next year, and I am sure there are other teams interested in him.  Then again, I can see almost any QB who is available and has any name recognition in Vegas next year.

I saw somewhere that the Cardinals might be interested in Hill as a backup to Murray.  I assume they would continue the novelty role, too.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is definitely on the decline.   The Saints won’t win a title with him and it stops their development of new talent, perfect.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

besides being really good, brees is one greedy dude...hes not walking away from any cash

Edited by bull123
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is still better than 90% of the starters in the league at this point in his career and age in life. He's still capable and isn't crippled with injuries. Yeah, even though I hate to see us have to face him twice a year (at least), it would be a shame for him to bail out now.

And as to greed... how many of you would give anything if your boss said you'd get an additional $50k for working for them next season? Greed or not, most of you are just showing some ignorance.

  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 12:32 PM, hepcat said:

That doesn't necessarily mean he's coming back to the Saints

He will be back since he has agreed to terms with the Aints and signed a contract. Brees has signed for a one year deal for his last attempt for the Lombardi before he finally retires.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 2:23 PM, Snake said:

If we trade Newton I could definitely see us going after Hill or Bridgewater. 

I'm not convinced Hill could even start in the XFL...

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 3:23 PM, Sgt Schultz said:

I am a long way from convinced Hill will ever be more than a novelty.  Among everything else, he will be 30 by season's start and has to be considered a project.  I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not interested in a 30-year-old project under center, Cam or no Cam.  In fact, if we are rebuilding he fails the age test right out of the chute.

Things could get interesting in NOLA.  Bridgewater was decent in his starts when Brees was out, and I think he has interest around the league.  Hill wants a shot at starting sooner rather than later (which, as I have indicated would have to be considered a grand experiment).  They could wind up scrambling around looking for a backup, the way this is going.  And from what I know of their cap situation, it will need to be a budget backup.

Bridgewater should get much more serious interest than Hill.  I could see Bridgewater in Indy, New England, or Vegas next year, and I am sure there are other teams interested in him.  Then again, I can see almost any QB who is available and has any name recognition in Vegas next year.

I saw somewhere that the Cardinals might be interested in Hill as a backup to Murray.  I assume they would continue the novelty role, too.

I expect Hill to be like Jeff Lewis. You hear how much offensive genius Payton likes him and someone pulls the trigger on signing him. Then in about 6 games(including preseason) his NFL career is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 11:29 AM, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

The Saints hault the progress of their franchise for now.

Brees sucks now. Just goes to show you how deceptive stats can be. Had nice stats last year but he sucks.

He had nearly a 7:1 TD-INT ratio, led the league in completion % (again), and was 2nd in the league in QB rating last year.

Just go sit down, my dude. Don’t dig your hole any deeper.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, hepcat said:

That doesn't necessarily mean he's coming back to the Saints

I’ll take that wager if you’d like to put a number on it...

:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

On 2/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Captain Morgan said:

well our secondary isn't as big a problem now...he couldn't throw deep last year.

Who needs to throw deep when y’all run defense was 25th in attempts, 29th in yards, and dead last in YPC and TD’s surrendered?

And if we do need to throw deep, we’ll just let the Mormon Missile chuck it downfield.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, WarPanthers89 said:

I think about 27 teams wished that they had a QB who Sucked as much as Brees did last year. 

giphy.gif

On 2/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, MVPccaffrey said:

Good, this helps our tank.  Hope we don't end up the sucker franchise left holding the bag after shelling out for Bridgewater

Bridgewater isn’t a bad QB by any means, he just can’t be expected to shoulder the entire load and carry a team week in and week out.

Our defense played absolutely out of their minds in the 5 games Brees was out and he started. If the defense didn’t overachieve those 5 games, we more than likely lose at least two, possibly three in that span instead of going 5-0.

He needs to go to the perfect situation, and I think that’s what he’s looking for if he does decide to leave. He knows he has it here, so unless a team comes offering an insane amount of money, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him turn down another starting job that’s an ill-fit (like he turned down Miami last year) to stay in New Orleans again.

On 2/18/2020 at 1:02 PM, onmyown said:

Yea Brees is back and all this money/poo is finally catching up to the saints and they will implode  securing themselves at the bottom of the NFC south, thins is what happens when you kick the can down the road!

est. 2011

What day is the 10 year reunion planned for the first time someone posted that? I want to make sure I schedule off and can be in attendance. 

On 2/18/2020 at 1:23 PM, Snake said:

If we trade Newton I could definitely see us going after Hill or Bridgewater. 

If y’all want Hill, y’all can hand over that 7th overall pick and I’ll personally drop him off to y’all facility myself.

 

Edited by Iron Saint
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I'm not convinced Hill could even start in the XFL...

Payton is.

He's calling him the next Steve Young, and per guys like Peter King it's no smokescreen. He really believes it.

I don't know whether that's right or not, but I am convinced that Peyton thinks it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Payton is.

He's calling him the next Steve Young, and per guys like Peter King it's no smokescreen. He really believes it.

I don't know whether that's right or not, but I am convinced that Peyton thinks it's true.

If Payton truly thought that, Hill would've played QB while Brees was out. 

Hill is a JAG. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

He had nearly a 7:1 TD-INT ratio, led the league in completion % (again), and was 2nd in the league in QB rating last year.

Just go sit down, my dude. Don’t dig your hole any deeper.

I’ll take that wager if you’d like to put a number on it...

:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Who needs to throw deep when y’all run defense was 25th in attempts, 29th in yards, and dead last in YPC and TD’s surrendered?

And if we do need to throw deep, we’ll just let the Mormon Missile chuck it downfield.

giphy.gif

Bridgewater isn’t a bad QB by any means, he just can’t be expected to shoulder the entire load and carry a team week in and week out.

Our defense played absolutely out of their minds in the 5 games Brees was out and he started. If the defense didn’t overachieve those 5 games, we more than likely lose at least two, possibly three in that span instead of going 5-0.

He needs to go to the perfect situation, and I think that’s what he’s looking for if he does decide to leave. He knows he has it here, so unless a team comes offering an insane amount of money, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him turn down another starting job that’s an ill-fit (like he turned down Miami last year) to stay in New Orleans again.

What day is the 10 year reunion planned for the first time someone posted that? I want to make sure I schedule off and can be in attendance. 

If y’all want Hill, y’all can hand over that 7th overall pick and I’ll personally drop him off to y’all facility myself.

 

No not going to happen. You can not sign him. Or not sign Bridgwater. Whichever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 1:16 AM, Kuhndog94 said:

I'm not convinced Hill could even start in the XFL...

He would be a good stop gap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...