Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

davos

Preferred Direction at QB?

What do you think is the right direction to take at QB?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Everyone seems sure about what they don't want to happen, so let's run a poll. What makes the most sense in rebuilding year 1?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Herbert
    • Cam Newton Returns!
    • No Cam, No Top QB, No FA, Allen-Grier 2020
    • 2nd-ish Round Special (Fromm/Eason/Hurts/Gordon)
    • FA Special (Bridgewater/Mariota/Keenum/Rivers)

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

A bit of both to be honest. 

I've watched him than just this last season. 

I believe there is a lot to like about the guy. Smart, strong work ethic, natural leader, strong arm, accurate, mobile. 

I think those whom are against him simply haven't seen enough of him to actually have an opinion worth talking about. 

Of the top QBs, he's also the most likely to be there. 

Won't break my heart either way. 

We'll see. 

I think the question mark on his intangibles is way overblown.  He also has all the tools these guys look for.

My main issue is that he had opportunities to help put his team over the top at times and he didn't.  Didn't seem to have that winning gene that the Watsons and Newtons of the world have. 

Now it's a bit subjective on my end and maybe he's got that "take over the game" ability but I just haven't seen it.  I will conceit that some guys like Daniel Jones, Josh Allen, Cousins, & Goff had similar question marks and are working out pretty well.  Heck, even Jimmy G looked pedestrian in college for Eastern frickin Illinois but the 49ers were able to win the NFCCG with their formula.  Sure, sometimes you get someone like Gabbert, Mitch Trubiski, Darnold, etc. but I think the risk could be worth it if Tepper ships Cam.  

How about we have one for a whole season?!?!

It has been a while!

• Beer 1

Will say, I'm surprised by how many just want to roll with Allen and Grier.  I'm guessing those are the Lawrence/Fields/Newman hopeful.  

Considering how highly thought of both Tua and Herbert were going into 2019, I'm cautious in that type of scenario.  You're not just hoping to be awful but are also banking on how the college season shapes out.  That being said, I'm a big Fields fan. 

13 minutes ago, davos said:

Will say, I'm surprised by how many just want to roll with Allen and Grier.  I'm guessing those are the Lawrence/Fields/Newman hopeful.  

Considering how highly thought of both Tua and Herbert were going into 2019, I'm cautious in that type of scenario.  You're not just hoping to be awful but are also banking on how the college season shapes out.  That being said, I'm a big Fields fan. 

I wouldn't say that I want to roll with those two guys next year.  More like that's how I expect it to shake out.  And as for as the hopefulness of getting a QB in either draft that can turn it around I am lacking any.  I do not watch enough college football to offer an educated opinion.  What football I do watch is limited to the only teams they show on our local channels which is mostly Clemson.  So I could get behind drafting Lawrence if the opportunity presents itself.  Other than that I really don't care either way.

Edited by Jon Snow

Get Carr , some oline in free agency , draft jerry Judy and with Rhule and Brady’s offense we’ll be dangerous 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Mister said:

We will have Carr as our qb 

Why does anyone think this is an option if we don't even want to keep and pay Cam? Carr is due a total of nearly 60 million dollars in salary through 2022, and he will be turning 29 in March.

In short. Fug no to that idea.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Why does anyone think this is an option if we don't even want to keep and pay Cam? Carr is due a total of nearly 60 million dollars in salary through 2022, and he will be turning 29 in March.

I agree, i dont ever want another Carr in Carolina

26 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Carr isn't just a no but a HELLLLLL nah

• Pie 1

100 votes in, this gives an interesting picture.

Most clearly want Cam back yet very few want the interim or low risk options that aren't Cam.   

8 hours ago, TheRed said:

No way he even gets half that 

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why bother with this approach? If you're going the total rebuild route then just tank. Play Grier and end up with a top 3 pick. Mediocrity is NFL purgatory that's hard to break out of.

Yep. So stupid to sign a stop gap and most of the guys listed were going to be more expensive than Cam. Either draft your guy this year or next if Cam’s out of the plan. No guarantees but if Grier is starting, we’re the front runners for the top pick.

Just like 2018 for SF. Jimmy’s done for the year. Go trade for Bridgewater or throw the backup scrubs out there and get the #2 pick in Bosa and have a great 2019.

• Pie 1