Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr Mojo Risin

REPORT: Lions GM Willing to Trade Out of #3 Overall Pick

22 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

We have traded down the last two years just not in the first round. We traded down in the first round in 2007 and took Beason at #25.

One time, in 13 drafts with premium picks. Trading down at the end of the 3rd isn’t the issue. And that one time worked out much better than trading up for Otah, Brown, Edwards And Little. 

33 minutes ago, Toomers said:

One time, in 13 drafts with premium picks. Trading down at the end of the 3rd isn’t the issue. And that one time worked out much better than trading up for Otah, Brown, Edwards And Little. 

I was just correcting the claim that Hurney never trades down. I like to agree on facts before getting into a discussion.

If we trade up for a QB, we are essentially recreating the 2011 and subsequent seasons after.

We were in no way ready to win, or surround Cam with the talent needed to push the "cheap QB" to the playoffs as quickly as possible, as you have seen happen recently in the NFL.

If just more of the same cycle.  We are devoid of talent at some of the hardest positions to fill, a cheap QB isn't going to help push this team to the playoffs, he will just get his brains beat out, and look terrible out there for 2/3 years.

We need to clean up the roster, clean up the cap, then go after the QB once we are ready to start taking steps toward the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

If we trade up for a QB, we are essentially recreating the 2011 and subsequent seasons after.

but this time with a far inferior qb prospect

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

22 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

I was just correcting the claim that Hurney never trades down. I like to agree on facts before getting into a discussion.

Now that you have the “exception” on record, does that change his high probability of trading up and failing at it? Which is the point. The person responsible for fixing this mess is the same person who destroyed this team. Twice. 

That FACT has to be considered before getting into a discussion. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Now that you have the “exception” on record, does that change his high probability of trading up and failing at it? Which is the point. The person responsible for fixing this mess is the same person who destroyed this team. Twice. 

That FACT has to be considered before getting into a discussion. 

LOL. I made no opinion on what Hurney will do. Who has made the argument that Hurney is likely to trade down? Who are you arguing with?

4 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

LOL. I made no opinion on what Hurney will do. Who has made the argument that Hurney is likely to trade down? Who are you arguing with?

The whole last page is about trading up, and Hurneys history of failures is brought up as reasons not to. 

You’re the one who had to get FACTS straight before the discussion. So what point would you like to discuss? 

12 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

but this time with a far inferior qb prospect

I don’t agree with you much, but I do here. If we are trading Cam, I’m building up non-QB talent this year and letting Grier take us to the promised land. If I am trying to tank, I’m going for guys like Lawrence and Fields/a much stronger QB class led my guys with multiple years of high level play. I don’t really believe in Burrow at this point and I’m not throwing lots of draft capital at a guy who’s already an injury risk and not a guy I put above the 2021 guys.

Let’s put it this way. If I am parting ways with Cam (love him but don’t see 2015 coming back), I’m going for someone who could be a legit stud, a potential Peyton Manning level QB. I’m not settling so to speak. We are going to suck for a couple years, might as well try to make it worthwhile. 

Edited by stbugs
  • Beer 1

Just now, Toomers said:

The whole last page is about trading up, and Hurneys history of failures is brought up as reasons not to. 

You’re the one who had to get FACTS straight before the discussion. So what point would you like to discuss? 

How many times has Hurney traded up in the first round?

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

How many times has Hurney traded up in the first round?

Otah, Brown, pick #33 for ARMANTI,

Plus Little cost the value of one. And many picks were already high enough from a 23% success rate, there was no need. 

I’m sure version 3.0 will be different. 

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t agree with you much, but I do here. If we are trading Cam, I’m building up non-QB talent this year and letting Grier take us to the promised land. If I am trying to tank, I’m going for guys like Lawrence and Fields/a much stronger QB class led my guys with multiple years of high level play. I don’t really believe in Burrow at this point and I’m not throwing lots of draft capital at a guy who’s already an injury risk and not a guy I put above the 2021 guys.

Let’s put it this way. If I am parting ways with Cam (love him but don’t see 2015 coming back), I’m going for someone who could be a legit stud, a potential Peyton Manning level QB. I’m not settling so to speak. We are going to suck for a couple years, might as well try to make it worthwhile. 

This is 100% where I find myself.

Fix the team, cap, and front office, then go after the QB next year....those two could very well be worth losing 14 next season, if the team set's itself up nicely to take advantage.

Them not extending Moton, them extending Shaq, and our possible CMC extension means we aren't going to put ourselves in the best positions though...same ole same ole.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Otah, Brown, pick #33 for ARMANTI,

Plus Little cost the value of one. And many picks were already high enough from a 23% success rate, there was no need. 

I’m sure version 3.0 will be different. 

You know you can google things?

So once.

1 hour ago, Happy Panther said:

We have traded down the last two years just not in the first round. We traded down in the first round in 2007 and took Beason at #25.

In which rounds? Because we traded up for Little last year which would have come first before the "trade down." And boy, 2007 seems like a life time ago. So the last time we traded down in the 1st I was a sophomore in high school and just turning 17. Damn that's crazy. But like I said everyone who is clamoring for a trade down are going to be disappointed. That's just not what Hurney does

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

You know you can google things?

So once.

Really? Who was the teams first round pick in 2010? Where did it go to? What did it cost to acquire Brown. And we are discussing premium picks and high 2nd rounders qualify. Does it make those moves any less horrible if you squeeze them into a different category and pretend they didn’t happen. 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Really? Who was the teams first round pick in 2010? Where did it go to? What did it cost to acquire Brown. And we are discussing premium picks and high 2nd rounders qualify. Does it make those moves any less horrible if you squeeze them into a different category and pretend they didn’t happen. 

I asked how many times we have traded up in the first round.