Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
WoahW

Carolina sticking with Cam

29 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

You do know his shoulder is fugged up right?

Are you a licensed physician who has thoroughly examined his throwing shoulder?

Let me guess...

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Are you a licensed physician who has thoroughly examined his throwing shoulder?

Let me guess...

Well when cam himself says it................

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Well when cam himself says it................

Oh now what a player or coach says is 100% truth huh?

March will tell us what we need to know.

The usual suspects will put any little thing into the same tired sky is falling context because they want him gone. Rinse, repeat.

Edited by TheRed
  • Poo 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Barring an MVP type season though, it's pretty hard to imagine him still being a Panther after this season.

Yeah that sucks, but happy endings in the NFL are the exception, not the rule.

Anything short of an MVP type season and you think the Panthers would move on? Why?

Franchise quarterbacks go entire careers without having MVP type seasons.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Anything short of an MVP type season and you think the Panthers would move on? Why?

Franchise quarterbacks go entire careers without having MVP type seasons.

Because he's not under contract.

11 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Oh now what a player or coach says is 100% truth huh?

March will tell us what we need to know.

The usual suspects will put any little thing into the same tired sky is falling context because they want him gone. Rinse, repeat.

Lmao Cam going to lie and say his shoulder is fugged up for the fun of it. Man there is a bunch of idiots on this forum. It has turned to complete trash in the last two years. 

• Poo 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Cam will be re-signed if he puts up 2013 numbers. 2015 numbers are unattainable for almost all quarterbacks.

Edited by Car123
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seems like Cam is intent on staying with the Panthers instead of playing hardball looking for an extension. I realize he doesn't have a lot of leverage at the moment but it's still a big deal how intent he is on coming back to Carolina next year.

That said if he has a solid season next year, I imagine he would be willing to sign a team friendly extension if it meant giving the FO the tools necessary to build around him ultimately to win a SB.

• Pie 1

I am still not convinced that Cam will be on the team this season. Rhule never said he would be a starter. We all know that one thing can be said but can have a very different outcome with this team. I am in "wait and see" approach.

• Pie 1

At least when he has a bad game this season, huggers can blame the rust (oh boy will he have it) and the Oline (you know we wont "fix" it).

Rinse. Repeat. Gameday threads.

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Lmao Cam going to lie and say his shoulder is fugged up for the fun of it. Man there is a bunch of idiots on this forum. It has turned to complete trash in the last two years. 

Please provide me a source with this quote of Cam Newton saying his shoulder is "f*cked up".

Don't keep me waiting.

Edited by TheRed

10 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Seems like Cam is intent on staying with the Panthers instead of playing hardball looking for an extension. I realize he doesn't have a lot of leverage at the moment but it's still a big deal how intent he is on coming back to Carolina next year.

That said if he has a solid season next year, I imagine he would be willing to sign a team friendly extension if it meant giving the FO the tools necessary to build around him ultimately to win a SB.

Cam's intent doesn't matter as much as David Tepper's intent. Tepper's commitment to Newton hasn't exactly been fervent. According to Rodrigue, Hurney and Rivera were actually willing to offer him an extension previously but Tepper nixed it.

Keeping him here in the last year of his deal is one thing. Getting an extension from an owner that's been lukewarm toward him is going to require not just playing a whole season without a hint of injury, but playing a damn good season as well. Maybe that happens, but if it doesn't I wouldn't lay very high odds on him sticking here.

As to Newton, I'm not all that convinced he signs a team friendly contract again, especially not given that this is probably the last contract he signs. That, to me, is wishful thinking.

• Poo 1

14 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

You having conversations with people you view as idiots is pretty funny. I guess that makes you a idiot as well?

17 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I am still not convinced that Cam will be on the team this season. Rhule never said he would be a starter. We all know that one thing can be said but can have a very different outcome with this team. I am in "wait and see" approach.

This!

It's still early in the process for making a decision on Cam. We will see what the market looks like after FA. Who's to say the Patriots don't come calling if they miss out on Brady?

A lot can still happen, teams don't get desperate until after they miss out on their QB's.

25 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Please provide me a source with this quote of Cam Newton saying his shoulder is "f*cked up".

Don't keep me waiting.

Did u not watch his YouTube vlog. I'm guessing no, I can send u the link for the video?