Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Paa Langfart

Corona Virus thread

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Because we aren't sure how well it works.

There are more studies saying there is little to no effect than there are studies saying it might do something. That includes the studies from China. 

A Paris institute is releasing an actual formal study tomorrow, that say it does jack poo overall. 

————

Even the probable best preventive measure.

“Another drug that drew much attention in Japan was the anti-influenza agent Avigan (favipiravir) developed by Fujifilm. Favipiravir was reported to be effective in COVID-19 patients with mild or moderate symptoms by Chinese medical researchers and was then assigned as a treatment by the Chinese government officially.“

However, the drug seems less effective in patients with severe symptoms. "We've given Avigan to 70 to 80 people, but it doesn't seem to work that well when the virus has already multiplied," a source from the Japanese Health Ministry told the Mainichi Shimbun newspaper, according to The Guardian.”

————

I don’t know why we aren’t hearing more about that Japanese Asthma drug that was successful on the pneumonia cases.  

Edited by Harbingers

On 4/1/2020 at 7:28 PM, CarolinaSock said:

I work in medical coding and specifically I code for ICU and pulmonary doctors. The hospitals I code for seem to have increased their testing and are getting the results back much faster than a week ago at least in the charlotte area. Last week I was seeing patients that had been admitted almost a week before they finally had results back, now the turn around seems to be a day in most cases. They are testing anyone with flu like symptoms or in respiratory distress. I know this is just anecdotal but at least in the charlotte area hospitals they seem to be getting much better with frequency and turnaround in testing.

I code as well, but i do pathology and lab coding. I also noticed an increase in tests around the same time you did; we were swamped this week. Then i noticed that the U0002's weren't billable until after 1 April and that makes me think that we were holding all of the fkn cases until then. I worked cases today that were done middle of march and earlier, it has been crazy.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, cptx said:

I code as well, but i do pathology and lab coding. I also noticed an increase in tests around the same time you did; we were swamped this week. Then i noticed that the U0002's weren't billable until after 1 April and that makes me think that we were holding all of the fkn cases until then. I worked cases today that were done middle of march and earlier, it has been crazy.

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/cms-develops-additional-code-coronavirus-lab-tests

“The second HCPCS billing code (U0002) announced today allows laboratories to bill for non-CDC laboratory tests for SARS-CoV-2/2019-nCoV (COVID-19). On February 29, 2020, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a new, streamlined policy for certain laboratories to develop their own validated COVID-19 diagnostics. This second HCPCS code may be used for tests developed by these additional laboratories when submitting claims to Medicare or health insurers. CMS expects that having specific codes for these tests will encourage testing and improve tracking.  

The Medicare claims processing systems will be able to accept these codes starting on April 1, 2020, for dates of service on or after February 4, 2020.”

So I guess they we’re pushing all the CDC tests(U0001) before the 3rd party tests first? Or is it that they can get $15.5 more for a 3rd party test now than a CDC test.

Edited by Harbingers

Posted (edited)

Look, scarfs work. Scarfs work great as masks. Some people would say scarfs are better than masks.you don’t need a mask if you have a scarf. Every American should own a scarf. Go buy a scarf. Have you seen Ivanka’s scarfs? She makes the best scarfs. You should buy an Ivanka scarf. She has a scarf that is great that you should buy. Totally safe and approved by numerous agencies. 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 1

26 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Look, scarfs work. Scarfs work great as masks. Some people would say scarfs are better than masks.you don’t need a mask if you have a scarf. Every American should own a scarf. Go buy a scarf. Have you seen Ivanka’s scarfs? She makes the best scarfs. You should buy an Ivanka scarf. She has a scarf that is great that you should buy. Totally safe and approved by numerous agencies. 

“I like this stuff. I really get it,”

“People are really surprised I understand this stuff.” 

“Every one of these doctors said: ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

“I like this stuff. I really get it,”

“People are really surprised I understand this stuff.” 

“Every one of these doctors said: ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

My uncle was really smart. Worked at MIT. Incredibly smart. The smartest person I’ve ever met. Did you know I went to an Ivy League school? I could have been a doctor. My uncle was a doctor. I’ve got good genes. The best genes. I could have been an doctor if I wanted to be. I totally understand this virus. The doctors  talk to me and know that I understand this. Nobody knows more about it than me. I know more than the doctors. Just ask them. 

Edited by 4Corners

21 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Trump going to the left of Biden and the dems on healthcare...

For COVID only dumbass. And not even like you think it works. But we all know you love daddy trump. So of course you’d be making every excuse. Oh ya. And doctors, Nurses and other won’t get paid for their services under this idea. You know... their 40 hours plus their 80 hours of overtime worked. 

this guy should have his medical certification revoked