Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Cary Kollins

Matt Rhule on Peter King podcast

11 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

No more wasted energy on celebrations and such.

Rhule is cut from the Tom Coughlin cloth and his team is going to be all business.

Did he say that? You can’t be that way with Cam Newton on your team.

22 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

Rhule is cut from the Tom Coughlin cloth and his team is going to be all business.

giphy-downsized-large.gif.5d7c88aac07c424a0abe5fccba482bfc.gif

9 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Did he say that? You can’t be that way with Cam Newton on your team.

Sure you can.

Cam will have to adapt and I have full confidence he will do so.

This new no-nonsense attitude will be the best thing that ever happened to QB1 and assuming he's healthy (which I believe he will be) I can easily envision another MVP calibre season for Cam sometime in the next 4 years.

You heard it here first.

Just now, jfra78 said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif.5d7c88aac07c424a0abe5fccba482bfc.gif

This will not happen under the new Rhules....

Posted (edited)

I'm just glad they're really putting an emphasis on the offense for once.

Edited by Chief Keek
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

I'm just glad they're are really putting an emphasis on the offense for once.

Rhule's team will play with a sense of urgency on both sides of the ball unlike anything ever seen before in this history of this franchise.

Good time coming...

• Pie 1

I never want to see another long developing pass play to nowhere with the o-line collapsing. I feel like I've seen that happen at least 10,000 times.

10 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

Really good stuff here.

on Cam: Rhule has watched tape of every game back to 2015. Said 2018 Cam was playing great until the injury, completing 67% of passes. If you look at the position, guys play QB at a high level well beyond 29-30. Cam has always been in a very aggressive offense where he pushes the ball down the field, he sits in the pocket, and our system will be a little more rhythm, get the ball out of his hands and I think he has a chance to be a really special player, just gotta get healthy, because when your foot, shoulder is hurt it affects everything. Good thing about foot injury is his shoulder has had additional time to heal. I think Cam has a tremendous sense of legacy but he doesn’t want his past to the best part of his career, and I always think there is something really special about guys who want to have a sense of legacy. It’s not about I want a new contract, I want this or that, it’s I want to be remembered as one of the greats. And when I see Cam flying in every Monday for treatment and rehab I say to myself “that’s a guy who is serious about football” and if he’s healthy, that allows us to use those picks and resources to build up the other positions on the team.

I apologize for being dense on the public dime, but I need things spelled out for me sometimes and hope you don't mind.

Is all that above Rhule utterings, and none of it your words/comments?

If it all did come from Rhule, I find it encouraging.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

If OP's could post the links from their posts, hey, that would be great. Just sayin'. Yeah, it pisses me off no end. :mad:

https://www.radio.com/media/audio-channel/panthers-head-coach-matt-rhule-plus-inside-the-tony-romo-contract-with-andrew

Rhule talks about Cam, Tepper, Joe Brady, what he looks for in players, what he'd like the team to be in  2020

Edited by GRWatcher
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

rhule.PNG

• Flames 1

About the hire of Joe Brady -“wanted someone who is going to have a QB friendly offense and keep Cam upright” .

Music to my ears

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, NAS said:

About the hire of Joe Brady -“wanted someone who is going to have a QB friendly offense and keep Cam upright” .

Music to my ears

wait, you can do that?    what?  no, i thought offense had to be make cam beat the other team with little to no help.  isn't that the point?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Posted (edited)

To me, the bottom line is that anyone who has watched Cam's whole career and not gotten the sense that true greatness was within him  . . . I just don't know what to tell you.  Cam has always had the potential to be HoF caliber.

If Brady / Rhule can *finally* put that potential on display as actual greatness season over season I'm all behind it.  Cam can play another 4-5 years easily if we can simply stop getting him killed.

All that said, Cam is going to have to take to the system.  Cam has struggled on short passing in the past.  Yes, he improved the last couple years, but a system like Brady runs places an emphasis on very precise timing and placement.  We have the skill players around Cam to make a quick RPO / RAC heavy system work.

This could be the most amazing OC / QB pairing we've ever seen in Carolina.  I hope we get to see it on full display.

Edited by BrianS
  • Pie 2

10 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Is that you @SBiii?