Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jmac

Trading Cam for a 4th round pick to fins?

There has been some talk that if he’s cut that there could be several teams bidding which could drive up price or could eliminate franchise tag.  Also that team would be in line for a comp pick if he was released the next year when the contract expires.  So they would recoup whatever was given this year.

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Source is reliable

This isn't me btw

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it really matters which way you vote. Looking at this roster and a very green coaching staff in terms of NFL experience all led by Marty Hurney, I'm just not seeing anyway around it.

Exactly. Give it any name you want. The bottom line is they will most likely field the worst roster situation in the NFL. Worst part is the reports of these moves are “allegedly “ geared by Hurney to be “competitive”. Not sure I buy that. Call it anything but the best word is necessary.  

It’s going to get much worse before it gets better. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

It’s going to get much worse before it gets better. 

Are we the official Corona virus team in the NFL now?

• Flames 2

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it really matters which way you vote. Looking at this roster and a very green coaching staff in terms of NFL experience all led by Marty Hurney, I'm just not seeing anyway around it.

There is a big difference between sucking and tanking. We may very well struggle this year and the prize for sucking the worst is a really high draft pick which is a consolation prize not the goal. You might end up in the same place whether you tank  or suck but for me there is a world of difference. I don't think I could respect a coach who didn't do everything he could to prepare his team to do their best. So the idea of tanking is total anathema to me.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

There is a big difference between sucking and tanking. We may very well struggle this year and the prize for sucking the worst is a really high draft pick which is a consolation prize not the goal. You might end up in the same place whether you tank  or suck but for me there is a world of difference. I don't think I could respect a coach who didn't do everything he could to prepare his team to do their best. So the idea of tanking is total anathema to me.

That’s not tanking.  You don’t coach different. You don’t play different. You set your team up with an eye on the future. Do you actually believe NFL coaches and players are actively “throwing” games? That’s what you are describing. Everyone needs to give up this false narrative. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Rhule went 2-10 his first year at Temple. He went 1-11 his first year at Baylor. 

The suck is coming. It's part of "the process".

• Beer 2

21 minutes ago, Dilla said:

This isn't me btw

He's a Jags fan.

I vaguely remember him posting something some months back that got a bunch of people riled up but if I recall correctly, it turned out to be nothing.

41 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Source is reliable

I must be missing something.  How do you trade a late round comp pick (which is for this year) based on performance (next year)?

49 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You’re going to be miserable seeing him dominate the league next year. He’s won a championship on every team he’s ever played on except one. Wonder why that is. This franchise is trash and always will be. 

Florida gators? He had nothing to do with that.

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why people misconstrue what tanking is all the time. It's not the players intentionally half-assing it. It's the owner/front office dumping talent for future return (picks, cap) and intentionally trotting out inferior and/or young players on gameday for high picks in the next draft. The most prominent example are the 76ers. The players were playing hard, but they simply didn't have the talent to compete, and that was by design. Same thing the Dolphins did last year in their attempt (though they began to win some games halfway thru the season). That's tanking and that looks like what the Panthers are doing.

Edited by Dilla
  • Beer 1

Some of you are in complete denial. Cam is done. He had a good career here, but never was given the OL and weapons to see how good he could really become. He hasnt played well in 4 years and hasnt played almost at all for going on 2 years. If we could get a 3rd for him I'd be ecstatic. He isnt going to be lighting up anyone anymore.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I must be missing something.  How do you trade a late round comp pick (which is for this year) based on performance (next year)?

Late round comp pick is the minimum (let's call it a compensatory 7th) that upgrades to their mid round pick (say a their 5th) if Newton hits certain benchmarks. And both would likely be for 2021.

Edited by Untouchable
  • Beer 1

How long can we keep him before we have to cut him for financial reasons?

I think we should hold onto him for as long as possible. That way teams who need a QB will have a smaller pot of QBs to chose from come crunch time.