Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
WarPanthers89

Top remaining free agents...who in the world do we sign at CB and DT???

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c4565374747a424a73b5bb3b3c63af1c.jpeg

He's available and played 90% of snaps for the Raiders last season. Unfortunately he was terrible, absolutely atrocious. 

I would hoped they would have signed CB Ross Cocktrell. Nice guy (I've talked with him a few times), good locker room presence and he's a solid player. 

I believe the panthers like most teams are in FULL draft mode. The remaining free agents either want too much money, have issues, or just plain bad. i wanted to sign Andrew Billings, he played at Baylor and I thought thats all it took. Guess not he signed for a low 2 million 1 year deal. dem the breaks. Still a good list of CBs, ANYONE would improve this roster. If the league started today, Cole Luke(did like YEARS ago) would be on the starting 11. 

2 hours ago, bababoey said:

Why do I keep hearing people say Verrett?  You know he has played 1 game since the start of the 2017 season.  Why do you want someone that makes Cam look like the picture of health? 

Verrett is Uber talented.. because of the injuries you can get him at a low price. Similar to Cam right now.. buy while stock is low  hope for the best.

At DT we have KK and NT Zach Kerr, I doubt we sign another DT unless we some how miss out on them in the draft. Maybe sign Kyle Love for one more run. 

I like signing Ross Cockrell back for a veteran CB. Proven he can start on the outside. In a perfect world he would be our 4th CB but wouldn't mind if he started on the outside. 

24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

He's available and played 90% of snaps for the Raiders last season. Unfortunately he was terrible, absolutely atrocious. 

El oh El

Hell Naw GIF by memecandy

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Verrett is Uber talented.. because of the injuries you can get him at a low price. Similar to Cam right now.. buy while stock is low  hope for the best.

He is hurt all the time and therefore he is cheap might not be the best idea if you want to keep your job as a GM.  Then again Hurney so what do I know 

3 minutes ago, bababoey said:

He is hurt all the time and therefore he is cheap might not be the best idea if you want to keep your job as a GM.  Then again Hurney so what do I know 

A cheap player that expectations are low for should never cost a gm a job. this is a low end high upside signing. not like we breaking the bank for bradberry or a 1st round draft pick. It would be like hurney getting fired for how poe played.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

Build through the draft and undrafted free agents. Let's go young and stay young and cheap on defense. Load up the offense and draft a QB and air it the fug out. Start winning and dominating for once.

fug no!! Chip Kelly..

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

As far as DT, Christian Covington from Dallas and Xavier Williams from KC are still mid/late 20's and offer upside at he position. 

They could bring back Worley.  Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders and CB Eli Apple were unable to finalize their agreement, and that Apple has returned to the open market. 

It is unclear if the hangup was physical or financial. Apple was reportedly set to make $6 million on a one-year pact. Considering the bizarre climate amidst the coronavirus pandemic, there could be a few more reported deals that fail to come to fruition. With much of the money now spent, Apple will have a difficult time matching that number on try No. 2. Still only 25 in August, there should still be no shortage of teams interested in turning around the No. 10 overall pick's career. 

• Flames 1

Apple would fit the bill for us. Turning 25 and not expecting to break the bank. However, unless he’s extremely confident it wouldn’t be in his best interest to join this defense 

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Can you imagine starting him and Jackson? Opposing QBs be like

image.jpeg.87d3e88fbf20b9c3ff23a54d25389510.jpeg

7 hours ago, bababoey said:

Why do I keep hearing people say Verrett?  You know he has played 1 game since the start of the 2017 season.  Why do you want someone that makes Cam look like the picture of health? 

High risk low reward. Could get him for 3mil or less. Love him coming out of TCU.