Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Cary Kollins

Teddy Bridgewater vs. Joe Burrow scouting report

Proud to be the first to commend you on this fine post.

Very educated comparisons.

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Proud to be the first to commend you on this fine post.

Very educated comparisons.

I am so starved for intellectual posts that contain optimism.  The OP is on to something worth considering. 

If we wanted a QB in the draft, we might have to move up and take the third best.  Signing Bridgewater is smart.  Now we can draft a qb next year or the year after.

People do not realize that we have addressed the needs on offense.  Pretty much all of them.  The OL is the big question mark, but we are better at LT (Okung and a second-year Little), LG (Do not underestimate Reed--he is not a star, but he is serviceable; Daley is also in play), C (a healthy Paradis and Larsen in a better system), RG (We drop a little, but not much.  Kerr can hold his own), and RT is Moton.  I think we are solid at TE. 

So we improved at 3 OL positions, stayed the same at 1, and dropped a bit at 1. 

At WR, do not be surprised to see how much the Jets misused Robby Anderson.  Getting the ball on time to Moore--with what he can do after the catch---scary.  Samuel will be used better.  We have 3-4 others that should be on our roster.  We are much better, and we could draft one.

At RB---CMC, yes.  Davis.  We kept him on the roster last year for a reason.  I think he becomes our #2.  Scarlett and Bonnefon are going for #3.  Good depth.

Not sure Armah stays.

And at QB, we should be interesting to say the least---however, I doubt we go QB this year.

So in the draft, we might draft an OL (C) late.  We might not. 

On defense, we have done NOTHING at CB, NOTHING much at LB, and we have 2 DT openings.

We are CERTAINLY drafting a CB, MLB, DT, NT, and S in this draft.

Maybe a WR and an OL. 

We have 8 picks, maybe more if we trade.

I am done.

• Pie 1

That is what I have been saying the entire time about Burrow. He isn't an elite QB prospect, he's a potentially elite game manager. 

Scheme is going to matter a lot in terms of his career success. Don't be surprised to see him be a huge bust in Cincy because they don't set him up to be successful.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Joe Brady and his weapons will make for a pro bowl season. I'm excited for Teddy. Not many teams get to go from one good QB to another.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Good post. We should be optimistic. Injuries and bad bounces bring us back to earth, but it's good to hope. I really do think we are on the right path. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

Footwork is very clean and in rhythm -- throws on balance with sound mechanics, a fluid delivery and smooth stroke.

This is the foundation of everything.

Edited by RASTAN66
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Joe Brady and his weapons will make for a pro bowl season. I'm excited for Teddy. Not many teams get to go from one good QB to another.

Over who? 

We already drafted "Burrow" when we signed Brady.

Let whoever drafts the player Burrow find out who he really is.

We have Teddy Burrow, um, Bridgewater. We're good.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Call Me James said:

Over who? 

who knows? who knows if there will even be a season.

To be honest, I'd rather have Bridgewater over Burrow just because of his NFL experience. Burrow is going to take time to learn the game. The only advantage Burrow has over Bridgewater is youth and lack of a major traumatic knee injury. Which seems to be healed at this point.

You know who also had a super lean frame and limited mobility? Tom Brady. I'm not concerned, I think Bridgewater will play well with Joe Brady running the offense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

Highlights a lot of the things I liked about Bridgewater when he was up for drafting.

My concern at the time was whether his "thin frame" could handle an NFL pounding. That's proven to be a valid concern but one that I hope is a thing of the past.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Posted (edited)

I sure hope we're not disappointed in the offensive genius Joe Brady. I don't think think we will be and I think he has a bright future, just saying. 

Edit: Hell, same goes for Rhule, of course. 

Edited by PantherFanInPhilly
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I sure hope we're not disappointed in the offensive genius Joe Brady. I don't think think we will be and I think he has a bright future, just saying.

Same here, but it actually is a possibility.

Remember, everybody thought Chip Kelly and Steve Spurrier were gonna set the league on fire too.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I don't think you have to be a offensive genius. I think you have to be a grinder and have good efficiency. The worst part of Rivera and Fox for that matter was sticking to the game plan no matter what and making zero adjustments on offense. Fox made zero adjustments period but Rivera did half time with the defense only. Not to mention getting more players involved which was horrible under Fox and Rivera. Rhule will adjust along with his staff and they will also play as many players as possible to cause mismatches. Our biggest hang up short term will be talent. The lines on both sides need rebuilding and we don't have enough cap or picks to do that in a year. 

• Pie 1
  • Milkshake 1
  • Beer 1