Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
steven8989

We don't know who we are drafting yet?

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Only time i remember knowing who we were going to pick was McCaffery.  

And Cam---but I was not sure about McCaffery.  I dont think they know.  That is why you have a draft board.  I worry about some concepts that are presented a logical or common sense on this board.

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Stephen probably can’t count to six 

I would wager $10 that he can.  I am not that confident that I am right or I would bet more--something like $9.33

1 hour ago, bababoey said:

Not everyone knew Grier would be there.

I bruised my fingers I was crossing them so hard. When Hurney reeled the future QB of this franchise that day, I could only reflect back on the day he grabbed Clausen after all these teams that needed a QB passed on him.  Eurika!

I get more pumped about the draft than I do games.  Is that wrong?

The Panthers have always been pretty transparent about who they liked in the 1st. There was heavy smoke around the prospects we ended up drafting for years. The draft is still three weeks away. We'll see if we have a tighter seal on things now or not in a few weeks. The overall environment right now with no travel, etc. will also limit media access and we may see fewer rumors as a direct result of that. Basically, we'll see.

There are only a handful of guys it can be

simmons

okudha

brown

juedy

lamb

kinlaw

ruggs

wills

wirfs

thomas

Tua

Herbert

That's about it

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Really? What about DJ, Burns, Little, Grier and the list goes on.

I agree w Steven here. We knew all these were coming. The media even made it clear, heck Verge said we were 100 percent drafting Burns if he fell and tryna trade up in the first for Little, he got the rounds wrong, but that's it. Also Hurney had a RD1 grade on Grier and said he was better than Kyler Murray. Hurney is so easy to predict. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

That’s ridiculous and I’m not backing him up. All the pre-draft threads the past two years had DJ and Burns as our consensus picks. Grier was absolutely assumed to be our pick as well. Miller’s only pre-draft visit was with us. Also, Little was @Verge’s call as the guy we were going to pick if Burns was gone. He wasn’t a consensus pick but I think that was more of a most of us were hoping it wouldn’t happen because we didn’t like him.

Marty has 100% telegraphed 5 guys the past two drafts. Saying that you didn’t know doesn’t mean it wasn’t obvious to the folks who love following the draft stuff.

This year it’s definitely tougher because of the lack of visits. I think we’ve got the Simmons, Brown and Okudah trio as our potential picks but it wouldn’t shock me if 2 of the 3 are already gone so I think our pick will be partially made for us.

This guy sees it!

5 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I agree w Stephen here. We knew all these were coming. The media even made it clear, heck Verge said we were 100 percent drafting Burns if he fell and tryna trade up in the first for Little, he got the rounds wrong, but that's it. Also Hurney had a RD1 grade on Grier and said he was better than Kyler Murray. Hurney is so easy to predict. 

Thanks

Posted (edited)

It’s either Tua or Herbert. I’ll go ahead and say that it’s Herbert. Marty will come out and say after the draft that Hebert was the top QB on their board. 

Edited by MMA

4 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Wow ok, I'm making it up lol. You must not keep up with Hurney.

brink some links then.

Usually the week of the beat writers will start dropping hints and basically telling you who the pick is. Barring craziness, it's Brown, Okudah, or Simmons I would think and that's probably the case until draft night. 

Steven speaks his mind--I disagree with this statement---maybe y'all knew, but I did not know. 

I would say that our board probably looks like this:

Okudah (prolly gone by #7)

Simmons (might be gone)

Trade back

Brown

If Marty takes a tackle--and his ego won't let him--we can call his recent presser a pack of lies.

Gut is telling me that it is Jeff Okudah though they're seriously eyeing Derrick Brown & Javon Kinlaw.

I think that Isaiah Simmons would be a great fit, but I'm not sure if he'd have the same immediate impact as the other three. I think that Okudah best fits the mold of the player Matt Rhule is looking for while also addressing a position of need.

I'm most confused by who we target on day two. There are so many different directions the team can go based off of what we are seeing.

31 minutes ago, MMA said:

It’s either Tua or Herbert. I’ll go ahead and say that it’s Herbert. Marty will come out and say after the draft that Hebert was the top QB on their board. 

That's what I am thinking as well... It's always a questionable pick because it's not a need but he always goes BPA.... I am calling Herbert