Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
exactlyzack

The PI review is no more

I didn’t see it posted anywhere else but if it is please feel free to remove this or merge. After one season of reviewing and challenging pass interference calls, the NFL has decided to end that experiment. Honestly I don’t think that should come as a surprise to anyone as it was a colossal failure and should have never come about in the first place. 

• Pie 3

Yes!  Sean Peyton's butt-hurt rule was a failure.

• Pie 9

7 minutes ago, exactlyzack said:

I didn’t see it posted anywhere else but if it is please feel free to remove this or merge. After one season of reviewing and challenging pass interference calls, the NFL has decided to end that experiment. Honestly I don’t think that should come as a surprise to anyone as it was a colossal failure and should have never come about in the first place. 

Good

Slowing football down in the internet instant gratification age was insane. Too much competition for entertainment to bog the game down with more reviews.

Yep. Good. fug Payton and those NO whiners messing with the league for a year because they’re a bunch of pusses.

3 minutes ago, nickzz said:

seemed like the refs boycotted this rule

I would hope so.

Such bullshit. It was only a failure because the refs were indignant and refused abide by the rules. 

The rule was progress for a fair game. It had issues but it was only the first year doing it. Piss poor decision by the NFL.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

The way it was being implemented basically meant it was just a waste of time. They weren't reversing hardly anything.

The only thing I can say is good, the NFL came to its senses.  Usually they double down on bad ideas. 

• Beer 1

The XFL booth guy that reviews plays in real-time is the better move. It gets it right, quickly and with support from a home office look-in. 

I hope the NFL brings this over the way they did with the skycams from the old XFL... what a difference that made in viewing games on TV.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, nickzz said:

seemed like the refs boycotted this rule

That's exactly what happened.  And they are getting the reaction they wanted.  They went so far in protesting the rule that fans are just like "well that was a waste of time."  

As a side note: The Packers, one of the most favored franchises, were (not surprisingly) one of the only teams that actually benefitted from the rule change.  

• Beer 1

Ron won 2-3 challenges with it. It's amazing, a defensive coach knew what actual PI was. I can find holding or PI on 100% of plays. It has to be blatant. 

It should only be reviewable in the last 4 minutes of the 4th qtr. 

• Pie 1