Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
exactlyzack

The PI review is no more

19 hours ago, nickzz said:

seemed like the refs boycotted this rule

Facts.

19 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Such bullshit. It was only a failure because the refs were indignant and refused abide by the rules. 

The rule was progress for a fair game. It had issues but it was only the first year doing it. Piss poor decision by the NFL.

Bingo. The NFL didn't like their ability to manipulate games as they see fit to be challenged by anyone so the suits had their cronies in stripes blatantly disregard the rule and the reviews that came out of spite knowing the idiots would collectively go, "oH tHiS iS sLoWiNg DoWn tHe gAmE, GiT rId oF ThIs bRokEn RuLe!" and they did. They fell for it hook-line-sinker and now we all get a worse product on the field as a result.

19 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Lol it was around just long enough to screw the saints and help us.

Lol and we still swept y'all.

You know the rule wasn't enforced in good faith, it's okay to admit it.

• Flames 1

20 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Lol it was around just long enough to screw the saints and help us.

That is what an arrogant think they are best team ever deserves. 

Posted (edited)

NoFlag.gif.7504949f243535c2edf087404b3e569e.gif

34 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Facts.

Bingo. The NFL didn't like their ability to manipulate games as they see fit to be challenged by anyone so the suits had their cronies in stripes blatantly disregard the rule and the reviews that came out of spite knowing the idiots would collectively go, "oH tHiS iS sLoWiNg DoWn tHe gAmE, GiT rId oF ThIs bRokEn RuLe!" and they did. They fell for it hook-line-sinker and now we all get a worse product on the field as a result.

Lol and we still swept y'all.

You know the rule wasn't enforced in good faith, it's okay to admit it.

Edited by jfra78
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I predicted this would be a failure prior to last season. They got what they needed out of it, which was shutting the NO's fans up. 

Then it came back to fug them.

• Pie 2

It wasnt a bad rule because the ability to overturn a 50 yard penalty needs to be there. I would rather they just make PI a 15 yard from LoS penalty and be done with it.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Come on,.. that’s legal! 

in 1932 ha

maybe we should still play that way. Best man to the ball wins

• Beer 1

That is a pretty stupid thing to reverse honestly. Especially if it is a end of game moment or something to the Saints magnitude.

I honestly don't care. The referring of games is such a joke, that it truly doesn't matter.  

11 hours ago, jfra78 said:

FriendlyWarmLark-size_restricted.gif

My guy, I promise you, I’m NOT the person you want to play this game with. LOLOLOL.

2 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

FriendlyWarmLark-size_restricted.gif

My guy, I promise you, I’m NOT the person you want to play this game with. LOLOLOL.

4b1c9df22e38d6d7259e9688b642de63.gif.e373adbf862f68cf2d309228e0c44747.gif

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

4b1c9df22e38d6d7259e9688b642de63.gif.e373adbf862f68cf2d309228e0c44747.gif

You look like a man who can appreciate a fine Cabernet...

image.thumb.jpeg.d94711f33a39f92496e518250ce4d3da.jpeg

:tongue:

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)

@Iron Saint

How saints fans see themselves

images.jpeg.1274913746d22730ae209feed8b3567c.jpeg

How the rest of us see themgiphy.gif.accc0a44d2e4403896f600868041d596.gif

Edited by jfra78

17 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

That is what an arrogant think they are best team ever deserves. 

Your sentence structure makes me think it’s time to get your GED and make momma proud. 

I was watching some random game that may have signaled the beginning of the end for it.  There was a DPI called, reviewed, and reversed because the pass was not in the air when the infraction occurred.  The problem was that if it was not DPI, and it was very questionable whether the ball was in the air or not when things happened, it absolutely was defensive holding.  Bigger problem: they could not call defensive holding based on the review, they could only rule it was not DPI.

At that point you have to ask how far down this rat hole you want to go. 

This may not be popular, but they should consider adding another official behind the defensive backfield.  The last time they added an official back there (the side judge), almost everybody was running a pro-set with two WRs and a single TE.  Maybe a back would slide out of the backfield.  Now three WR sets with a tight end are the norm, and you have three officials watching four receivers make their way downfield.  And that does not count the empty backfield plays where there are five receivers for three officials, with whatever help they can get from the LJ and DJ.  Then they moved the umpire to a position where he is of no help at all.  Move the back judge from the center of the field a few feet to the side, to the hash mark on one side, put another official on the opposite hash mark, and you have the side judge and field judge at the sidelines back there.  Then see what happens, because it can't be any worse then screwing around trying to figure out what is legitimate fodder for instant replay and always running into that case that you can see on review but not do anything about. 

• Pie 1