Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
WOW!!

We need to come out of this draft with??

Need? Lineman on both sides and probably a CB.  Would be great if we could also land a rd 2-5 LB that could start at MLB and a QB of the near future. 

We're going defense heavy... which is a good thing.  I wouldn't mind seeing a "diamond in the rough" offensive lineman late.  We're going to score on people... that's not an issue.  The issue is, as the defense currently sits, we're not going to be able to stop anybody.

47 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

I've got a feeling you're going to be disappointed. I'd be surprised if they draft a single tackle this year. Far more pressing needs. 

A left tackle IMO, is the top need if we are truly trying to build a franchise with sustainable success. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A left tackle IMO, is the top need if we are truly trying to build a franchise with sustainable success. 

It's obviously a very important position, but we at least have NFL players than can fill the position. We legitimately don't have enough NFL starters to fill a defensive roster at this point. I hate to draft for need, but we don't really have a choice this year. 

• Pie 1

We don't need, but we should with WR and in later rounds OT. This draft is great with these positions and not picking a WR based on our free agency wideout spree is not smart. Curtco and Moton are heading into contract year and all those wr guys apart from Robby Anderson signed 1 year contracts, if I am not mistaken. Okung has also only 1 year left on his contract.

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

It's obviously a very important position, but we at least have NFL players than can fill the position. We legitimately don't have enough NFL starters to fill a defensive roster at this point. I hate to draft for need, but we don't really have a choice this year. 

This is the same dumbass marty hurny mindset that we have done for years and its gotten our qb killed.  We will be starting at square 1 again at the LT position in 2021.  Keeping in mind okung will be 32 this year and only played in 6 games last season and has a pretty serious health concern.  This draft is deep with tackles and its time to get serious about building the damn line for whoever is at qb. 

My preference would be to trade back slightly, get a top tackle, then pickup another interior guy (cushenberry) in the 2nd. 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is the same dumbass marty hurny mindset that we have done for years and its gotten our qb killed.  We will be starting at square 1 again at the LT position in 2021.  Keeping in mind okung will be 32 this year and only played in 6 games last season and has a pretty serious health concern.  This draft is deep with tackles and its time to get serious about building the damn line for whoever is at qb. 

My preference would be to trade back slightly, get a top tackle, then pickup another interior guy (cushenberry) in the 2nd. 

Any rookie you draft is still going to need development.. LT rarely come in the league and play avg. Most rookie LT'S get QB'S killed.. Okung is going to start or atleast compete and teach Little and Daley enough that at some point this season they can play and not get the QB killed.. It's not what you want but it's a solid plan to see if the assets you already drafted at LT have a future.. 

1 hour ago, ECUPantherFan said:

We're going defense heavy... which is a good thing.  I wouldn't mind seeing a "diamond in the rough" offensive lineman late.  We're going to score on people... that's not an issue.  The issue is, as the defense currently sits, we're not going to be able to stop anybody.

I still say grab either Willis, Thomas, or Becton....and the rest you can do as you wish.  Would like to see a center picked in the 2nd or 3rd round.  TeddyB is no Cam and will not hold up with the beating our QB's took last year.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Any rookie you draft is still going to need development.. LT rarely come in the league and play avg. Most rookie LT'S get QB'S killed.. Okung is going to start or atleast compete and teach Little and Daley enough that at some point this season they can play and not get the QB killed.. It's not what you want but it's a solid plan to see if the assets you already drafted at LT have a future.. 

I get that but I am under the mindset that Daley and Little suck. 

• Poo 2

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

First of all, this is not productive. Be better! Secondly, if you are so inclined to call someone else's mindset "dumbass," how about don't misspell the next word in your post. It's Hurney. 

Okung isn't a long term fix, but he can hopefully give Little the guidance and time he needs to slide into that role. I simply pointed out that if you want a starting LT in this draft, I think you're going to be disappointed. I stand by that. I believe we go defense early. Have you looked at our defensive roster lately? That's not rhetorical. Really, have you? I would love to hear an explanation as to why it's foolish to expect improvements there. 

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This why you aren't a GM because you would have the team being an 0-16 team every season.

Need day 1 starter on the DL. 

We definitely need some new faces in the secondary, preferably a starter but a rotational guy with potential to be a start would suffice.

Also would like us to get one of these mid round starting LB's that I'm seeing pop up around the league. Jermain Carter ain't it...

I'd really like us to go with the best defensive back, defensive lineman, and linebacker / edge available pretty much the first 4 rounds.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1