Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
WOW!!

We need to come out of this draft with??

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that but I am under the mindset that Daley and Little suck. 

Then that's your fault.. Successful  teams don't give up on 2 rookie LT after 1 injury riddle rookie season..

Just question if we draft a 1st round rookie OT this year and he doesn't have a good rookie season.. Does he suck and you want to draft another one next year?? Until you find the actual unicorn LT that actually plays avg. his rookie season???

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 2

14 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

This why you aren't a GM because you would have the team being an 0-16 team every season.

What's wrong with trading back?

Posted (edited)

Jake Matthews was 154th ranked OT his rookie season.. By some ppl opinion he sucked and the Falcons should have drafted another LT in 2015... lol

Taylor Lewan 172nd ranked OT that year...lol

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

At least one potential starter at DT and/or CB.

One iOL that can play guard and move inside to center to start when Paradis leaves.

Getting lucky on any of the other picks would be sweet.

Rebuild NOW. Not later. Draft a QB at #7 or trade up for your FRANCHISE QB.

Excitement starts at QB and runs through the rest of the team. Get your future NOW in the top ten.

Re-energize the franchise and the fan base. Don't settle for less at QB (usually the heart of the team) like so many of you seem to be doing. Get the future now because #7 doesn't come along that often for good franchises.

I don't like the direction and downgrade at probably the most important role on the field point blank. We need new energy.

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Jake Matthews was 154th ranked OT his rookie season.. By some ppl opinion he sucked and the Falcons should have drafted another LT in 2015... lol

Taylor Lewan 172nd ranked OT that year...lol

Lol at you bringing up Lewan and Matthews. Those two aren’t soft and lazy. Don’t compare those two to Little again.

7 hours ago, Rogue Panther said:

okudha, blacklock, wilson, hennessy. 

I'd take Remy Martin 1738 over Hennessy, but that's just me.

3 hours ago, tijo said:

Have you seen our roster, we need talent everywhere. I would say de-emphasize QB and WR since we signed so many of them, but really we need talent at OL, DL, LB, CB, S.  And I wouldn't draft a punter or kicker I suppose.  But literally the best talent we can find.

Punter we are good. I’m not content with kicking situation

Good football players. We need to come out of this draft with good football players. 

• Pie 1

for the love of all things holy AND blasphemous... let them let Marty pick 1st. Then he goes home and watches 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that but I am under the mindset that Daley and Little suck. 

Daley showed guts last year and was even better than his SEC counterpart...Little was hurt and when he got the chance he got hurt again and again.

23 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Daley showed guts last year and was even better than his SEC counterpart...Little was hurt and when he got the chance he got hurt again and again.

They were both awful at LT. Maybe one or both can improve dramatically or play better at another position, but I didn't see much hope last season that we have a long-term legit LT option on the roster.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They were both awful at LT. Maybe one or both can improve dramatically or play better at another position, but I didn't see much hope last season that we have a long-term legit LT option on the roster.

yep

This is a deep tackle class.  Okung is done after this year maybe sooner.  Pick a tackle in the draft, let him play RT this season and then move him over iin 2021.  Let the entire line grow with the new qb.  This is how successful teams do this.  Not the marty hurney way of throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.  This hodge podge way of building a line is driving me insane.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

yep

This is a deep tackle class.  Okung is done after this year maybe sooner.  Pick a tackle in the draft, let him play RT this season and then move him over iin 2021.  Let the entire line grow with the new qb.  This is how successful teams do this.  Not the marty hurney way of throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.  This hodge podge way of building a line is driving me insane.

If we don't at least have OT on the board as a possibility at #7 I think that's a big mistake. Little and Daley looked awful at LT. Okung is on the wrong side of 30 and on the last year of his contract. Moton is young, but he's also on the last year of his contract and I have to think if the new staff was completely sold on him we would've already worked out an extension. Looks to me like he's going into a prove it season with the new staff and both of our tackle spots are HUGE question marks past this season.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we don't at least have OT on the board as a possibility at #7 I think that's a big mistake. Little and Daley looked awful at LT. Okung is on the wrong side of 30 and on the last year of his contract. Moton is young, but he's also on the last year of his contract and I have to think if the new staff was completely sold on him we would've already worked out an extension. Looks to me like he's going into a prove it season with the new staff and both of our tackle spots are HUGE question marks past this season.

Right side was good with Turner and Moton last year even with the one too many hiccups they had.  Notice they ran more right than they did left side last year when they had good gains.  Maybe the new staff does want a full year to evaluate Moton to see if he is worth a long term extension.  I am willing to see if Little or Daley can become valuable members of the Oline this coming year but not at Left Tackle.  Maybe Guards or Right Tackle.

Edited by cmichd
needed to rephase sentence
  • Pie 1