Carolina Huddle

rodeo

2020 General Election Candidates thread

3 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

If anyone cares I voted by mail. It was quick and smooth and I received an email when it landed at the post office and when the election board received it. Meckelnburg county.

I mean I guess someone is going to dump it in a dumpster but the efforts to destroy the post office doesn’t seem to be working ‘round here.

For the most part it’s going to be fine. It’s all the rush like 4:30 on tax day though when everyone who didn’t is trying to file their mail-in that’s going to be the point of contention/issue.

Somehow though those post marks don’t seem to be an issue to the government. 

Edited by Harbingers

3 minutes ago, teeray said:

Screenshot_20200923-162130.png

trapped in office. 

4 minutes ago, teeray said:

Screenshot_20200923-162130.png

Sigh... The only real contingency plan is getting congress to sign off on a war. That poo is just plain scary. 

23 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

No,  the main point is...

The only way a lying corporate shill like Joe Biden (with a long record of consistently being on the wrong side of history) gets enough votes to win the democratic nomination is for the party's political elite and corporate media to craft a false narrative about him.  That false narrative was repeated by corporate media as often as possible while limiting any dissenting viewpoints. 

That is the primary reason Joe Biden is now the democratic nominee and not the candidate that won the popular vote in the first three primary states.  

Yeah I didn't really see any of that from the media personally. I saw a wide range of views from all corners of the media spectrum. 

But again, get our candidates over 50% it doesn't matter. People still decide. 

The RNC and establishment Republicans tried to stop Trump to no avail. We can win a primary. 

And I stand by that people's votes matter. Their votes count as much as mine and yours. 

21 hours ago, TheBlue said:

Thats hilarious. The cognitive dissonance from you is insane. Especially to claim you are thinking critically when you have to reinvent history, act in bad faith, or even worse out right lie. 

You havent even been able to logically argue that not voting for trump is equal to intentionally supporting him. Imagine the utter hubris it would take for one to make that claim, not back it up, then preach about critical thinking skills as if you are a paragon of rational thought. LMAO

You are a living embodiment of Dunning-Krueger effect. You know.. very similar to another poster on peoples ignore list...

hmm oh well could be nothing 

Kanye West Shrug GIF  

I thought you were going to put me on ignore?

BTW, I have explained it to you. It isn't my fault you can't understand it. I can only explain it to you, not understand it for you. 

And when I actually gave evidence that supports my claim your deep intellectual reply was "who gives a shyt" or something along those lines. 

Here, I'll give you another chance to use your critical thinking skills. 

Why do you think Trump and the GOP are financially and actively aiding the Green Party candidates in certain states? 

I'll even make it easy for you.  I'll make it multiple choice so you don't have time think too hard. 

A- Trump and the GOP are secret supporters of Green Party policy and initiatives? 

B- It helps Donald Trump and down ballot GOP candidates? 

Edited by teeray

10 minutes ago, teeray said:

I thought you were going to put me on ignore?

BTW, I have explained it to you. It isn't my fault you can't understand it. I can only explain it to you, not understand it for you. 

And when I actually gave evidence that supports my claim your deep intellectual reply was "who gives a shyt" or something along those lines. 

Here, I'll give you another chance to use your critical thinking skills. 

Why do you think Trump and the GOP are financially and actively aiding the Green Party candidates in certain states? 

I'll even make it easy for you.  I'll make it multiple choice so you don't have time think too hard. 

A- Trump and the GOP are secret supporters of Green Party policy and initiatives? 

B- It helps Donald Trump and down ballot GOP candidates? 

Lmao you have an overinflated sense of intelligence this is hilarious.

Lets assume B is correct. Can you articulate to me how it helps trump?  

2 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

Lmao you have an overinflated sense of intelligence this is hilarious.

Lets assume B is correct. Can you articulate to me how it helps trump?  

Why don't you tell me why Trump and the GOP are doing it. 

Since I'm not smart enough. 

26 minutes ago, teeray said:

Why don't you tell me why Trump and the GOP are doing it. 

Since I'm not smart enough. 

Oh come on man. Let’s follow your premise to its logical conclusion.

Dont feel the need to pivot. How does it help Trump?

Trump told  me to vote by mail multiple times, so I submitted 35 ballots for Howie today. Do your part lads.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, teeray said:

Yeah I didn't really see any of that from the media personally. I saw a wide range of views from all corners of the media spectrum. 

But again, get our candidates over 50% it doesn't matter. People still decide. 

The RNC and establishment Republicans tried to stop Trump to no avail. We can win a primary. 

And I stand by that people's votes matter. Their votes count as much as mine and yours. 

It was pretty blatant. If you didn't see it, you must have been ignoring it.

Here is one instance (of many) that is very telling.

The cornerstone of Bernie Sander's campaign was M4A.  Undermine the viability of M4A and you undermine the viability of Sander's campaign.

Over 20 studies have found that M4A would be less costly ( two trillion in savings over ten years) than our current system while providing care to All Americans. 

Medicare for All is far less costly than our current system largely because it reduces administrative costs. With one public plan negotiating rates with health care providers, billing becomes quite simple. We do away with three-quarters of the estimated $812 billion the U.S. now spends on health care administration.

Administrative costs are so high because thousands of insurance companies individually negotiate benefit rules and rates with thousands of hospitals and doctors. On top of that, they rely on different billing procedures — and this puts a costly burden on providers.

All of the studies, regardless of ideological orientation, showed that long-term cost savings were likely. Even the Mercatus Center, a right-wing think tank, recently found about $2 trillion in net savings over 10 years from a single-payer Medicare for All system. Most importantly, everyone in America would have high-quality health care coverage.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/healthcare/484301-22-studies-agree-medicare-for-all-saves-money

Joe Biden's proposal is to expand our existing program, Obamacare.  A more costly option that fails to cover tens of millions of Americans.  Biden's program is largely employer based and doesn't allow individuals to change jobs/or become seriously ill without risking coverage loss.  It also has costly copays/premiums many people simply can not afford.

So, why didn't any of the debate moderators from the major networks ask Joe Biden how he was going to pay for a healthcare program more costly than M4A?  They certainly didn't hesitate to repeatedly ask Sanders and Warren, did they?

Debate Moderators repeatedly used industry talking points to challenge Bernie Sander's healthcare proposal framing their question as if it would cost trillions more than what we have today.  Even Joe repeatedly resorted to Republican/Insurance Industry talking points claiming M4A was too costly (despite Biden's own proposals being even MORE expensive) and was never challenged on it by the MSM.

Maybe it's for the same reason that the networks allowed the health insurance industry to run anti-M4A commercials during their debates?  Self-interest.  The MSM is comprised of a handful of Multi-Billion dollar corporations who are profit driven entities.  Making money (profit) takes priority over informing the general public and leads to manufactured consent.

A new report finds the flagship news programs at major networks NBC, CBS and ABC have dedicated 234 minutes this year to stories about Donald Trump—compared to just 10 minutes for Democratic presidential candidate Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders. The gap comes despite Trump and Sanders often having similar levels of support in primary polls. The Tyndall Report found ABC’s World News Tonight, for example, has devoted 81 minutes to Trump campaign stories—and less than one minute to Sanders, for the entire year.

https://www.democracynow.org/2015/12/15/headlines/report_top_news_shows_give_trump_234_minutes_sanders_10_minutes

More examples of corporate interests overriding any sense of responsibility to inform the general public abounds. 

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=bias+against+bernie+sanders

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

52 minutes ago, SmootsDaddy89 said:

Trump told  me to vote by mail multiple times, so I submitted 35 ballots for Howie today. Do your part lads.

Washington State (among others) has been doing vote by mail for decades.  There is no indication of voter/electoral fraud being an issue, certainly no more than states like GA, NC or FL.  Plus there is a paper trail for my votes if it ever became necessary for a recount. 

Many states that require people to vote in person utilize electronic voting machines that don't retain a paper trail to verify voter's choices. Talk about a situation ripe for corruption.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

5 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

71% of black people age 18-29?

“you ain’t black” -democratic presidential nominee joseph robinette biden jr 

Interesting. 

I’m not in that 18-29 range, as I’m 31, but I do feel those in that age range with not being motivated. Each day I battle within whether to vote down ballot, leaving the president pick blank, or just being like f it and just voting Biden. The recent Supreme Court news has took some of the pressure off when it comes to selecting Biden, and if I go down ballot, all my selections would be Democrat.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It was pretty blatant. If you didn't see it, you must have been ignoring it.

Here is one instance (of many) that is very telling.

The cornerstone of Bernie Sander's campaign was M4A.  Undermine the viability of M4A and you undermine the viability of Sander's campaign.

Over 20 studies have found that M4A would be less costly ( two trillion in savings over ten years) than our current system while providing care to All Americans. 

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/healthcare/484301-22-studies-agree-medicare-for-all-saves-money

Joe Biden's proposal is to expand our existing program, Obamacare.  A more costly option that fails to cover tens of millions of Americans.  Biden's program is largely employer based and doesn't allow individuals to change jobs/or become seriously ill without risking coverage loss.  It also has costly copays/premiums many people simply can not afford.

So, why didn't any of the debate moderators from the major networks ask Joe Biden how he was going to pay for a healthcare program more costly than M4A?  They certainly didn't hesitate to repeatedly ask Sanders and Warren, did they?

Debate Moderators repeatedly used industry talking points to challenge Bernie Sander's healthcare proposal framing their question as if it would cost trillions more than what we have today.  Even Joe repeatedly resorted to Republican/Insurance Industry talking points claiming M4A was too costly (despite Biden's own proposals being even MORE expensive) and was never challenged on it by the MSM.

Maybe it's for the same reason that the networks allowed the health insurance industry to run anti-M4A commercials during their debates?  Self-interest.  The MSM is comprised of a handful of Multi-Billion dollar corporations who are profit driven entities.  Making money (profit) takes priority over informing the general public and leads to manufactured consent.

https://www.democracynow.org/2015/12/15/headlines/report_top_news_shows_give_trump_234_minutes_sanders_10_minutes

More examples of corporate interests overriding any sense of responsibility to inform the general public abounds. 

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=bias+against+bernie+sanders

There are plenty of instances of same news organizations reporting positively on Single Payer healthcare.  Like I said there was several different opinions on M4A and on Bernie and Joe. If people just highlight negative articles I'm sure people would think that the news was a monolith driving a narrative.

Also, yes Trump got more coverage in 2016, almost universally negative coverage. So their efforts had seemingly no impact.  If the idea is that the media shaped opinion it failed in that experiment with Trump. 

Screenshot_20200923-201435.thumb.png.04089fe1f60f9db9db5ced3e09c99a54.png

Screenshot_20200923-201547.png

Screenshot_20200923-201421.png

Screenshot_20200923-201702.png

Edited by teeray