Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
dcpanther89

You’re the GM for the Panthers who would you draft?

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No great job you did a great job in making the trenches competitive while getting depth and potential starters in the secondary.. 

The only thing you might have missed is a LB but beggars can't be choosers..

Can explain that one too.  We just re-signed Shaq and have all these young guys we actually have to play to figure out if they are keepers.  Carter, Smith, Haynes and Miller...all draft picks.  Not to mention we saw something in Kunaszyk to keep him on the 53-man and Teuhema on the PS all of last year.  Whitehead may be just a stop-gap, but he's starting this year.  I couldn't justify drafting a mid-to-late guy just to wait his turn and "Rivera" him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Can explain that one too.  We just re-signed Shaq and have all these young guys we actually have to play to figure out if they are keepers.  Carter, Smith, Haynes and Miller...all draft picks.  Not to mention we saw something in Kunaszyk to keep him on the 53-man and Teuhema on the PS all of last year.  Whitehead may be just a stop-gap, but he's starting this year.  I couldn't justify drafting a mid-to-late guy just to wait his turn and "Rivera" him.

Its definitely not a need so I have no problem if it isn't addressed this year.. Just like TE and WR we have candidates to fill those roles...

Screenshot_20200416-174203_Chrome.jpg.d28fe9a3330ee89e6b2bb31aa46b7c0a.jpg

Just completed this simulated draft through fanspeak. After taking a stud in Okudah, I traded down a couple of times to add some extra picks. The only future pick I traded was a 4th rounder.

I think i did well in the secondary and trenches. I added a RB in Moss to give McCaffrey some help. I also added a tall receiver in Victor late, I think he has potential not seen yet.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Are you willing to put one together without an simulation?

In here? A few weeks ago maybe but with the weekend no way we’d get it all done unless it was just a couple rounds. I don’t have time to manage it but I’d participate (pick a team or two). I don’t think I’ve seen that done in here but I remember participating in a few on a fantasy football board back when I still did it. 

50 minutes ago, stbugs said:

In here? A few weeks ago maybe but with the weekend no way we’d get it all done unless it was just a couple rounds. I don’t have time to manage it but I’d participate (pick a team or two). I don’t think I’ve seen that done in here but I remember participating in a few on a fantasy football board back when I still did it. 

I meant your personal mock just for the Panthers without the aid of a simulator.  Most folks are still doing simulations and presenting it as 'their' mock when actually beholden to the BB and algorithm of that simulation .  Most of the simulation BBs are completely bogus anyway.

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Okay, here it is, my final mock.   I really was going to work on it over a day or two, but I really got into it and completed it today.  Getting knit-picky is an understatement, so I decided to go ahead and post it.

*Trade- New England receives #69, Carolina receives #87 and #100. (Assuming they are after Jalen Hurts)

Rd 1 (7) Derrick Brown, DT-Auburn

Rd 2 (38) Jaylon Johnson, CB-Utah

Rd 3 *(87) Ben Bartch, OT-St. John's (MN)

Rd 3 *(100) Jonathan Greenard, DE-Florida

Rd 4 (113) Leki Fotu, DT-Utah

Rd 5 (148) Reggie Robinson II, CB-Tulsa

Rd 5 (152) Keith Ismael, C/G-San Diego St.

Rd 6 (184) L'Jarius Sneed, S/CB-Louisiana Tech

Rd 7 (221) James Smith-Williams, DE-NC State

Ok, fire away! :shades:

I really love getting 4 Dline and 3 CB/DB in this draft... AND you added 2 OL, bravo, BRAVO! Ive been driving the edge bus since the start, its overlooked by many. Of course the trading back helped to get this haul and thats another move I support. About the only knock, (without looking at the whole draft) is no WR. I know this will be a juicy UDFA class and there should be a few NFL able WR leading the class.  Still a great final mock.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I really love getting 4 Dline and 3 CB/DB in this draft... AND you added 2 OL, bravo, BRAVO! Ive been driving the edge bus since the start, its overlooked by many. Of course the trading back helped to get this haul and thats another move I support. About the only knock, (without looking at the whole draft) is no WR. I know this will be a juicy UDFA class and there should be a few NFL able WR leading the class.  Still a great final mock.

I thought a great deal about WR (actually every position) but unless it's a day 1 or day 2 guy, they are going to get buried on the depth chart this year.  Simply too much talent in the WR room this year.  Just like LB, I don't want to draft a guy and "Rivera" him.  Needless to say, we had far more pressing issues on day 1 and 2, so I opted to go in other directions.  I did have versions with a day 3 WR and couldn't justify it in the end.  We already have 10 WRs on the roster.  I know we will need more in 2021, many of these guys will be easy re-signs if need be.  Next draft we may be in the position to take a WR in the top 100.

I am about rebuilding the defense.. total garbage last year!! Take Simmons, Brown or Okudah whoever is left when we draft!! If Chargers f us by going defense then that leaves either Tua or Herbert pending the Dolphins..!! Eessh!! Worse scenario.. Hurney will ejaculate and pull the trigger on one of them!! Grrr.. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Screenshot_1.png

If miami gives us 2 first rounders for #7 it would be tough to say no

and id make that deal w Denver too

cant imagine either team would do them

Edited by bull123

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I meant your personal mock just for the Panthers without the aid of a simulator.  Most folks are still doing simulations and presenting it as 'their' mock when actually beholden to the BB and algorithm of that simulation .  Most of the simulation BBs are completely bogus anyway.

Gotcha. Wasn't really planning to do one, mainly because after 7, it's basically a guessing game to see who's available. I know Marty loves to reach, but I do like the simulators to at least give you a pool to pick from just to see what you can get. Looking forward to the real thing although really dreading out actual picks. Even for 7, I am not sure at all because I think our pick is 99% dictated by who's available. Burrow and Young won't be there at 7, but any one else could be regardless of what people say.

CBS did a 7 round mock for every team, essentially doing an entire draft.  Here is what they had for the Panthers:

Carolina Panthers

ROUND OVERALL PLAYER NOTES
1 7 DL Derrick Brown, Auburn  
2 38 Traded to Buffalo  
2 54 EDGE Josh Uche, Michigan from BUF*
3 69 CB Troy Pride Jr., Notre Dame  
3 86 G Ben Bredeson, Michigan from BUF*
4 113 Traded to Pittsburgh  
4 124 DL James Lynch, Baylor from PIT*
5 148 LB Joe Bachie, Michigan State from WAS
5 152 S J.R. Reed, Georgia  
6 184 WR Isaiah Coulter, Rhode Island  
6 198 RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Vanderbilt from PIT*
6 207 CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver, FIU from BAL/NE/BUF*
7 221

TE Cheyenne O'Grady, Arkansas

CBS Full Mock By Team

This reeks of a simulation.  I will be surprised if Hurney trades back once, let alone twice.  Funny, Marty thinks draft picks are too valuable to move back, but sure don't mind forfeiting them to move up on a risky player.  This mock checks most of the need boxes, but also drafts a day 3 WR, RB and TE.  They have a couple of 'tweeners with Uche and Lynch.  I'm kind of over these type of guys.  Instead of being these invaluable chess pieces, they typically (for the Panthers anyway) end up being nomads without any home at all.

I like the Brown pick, but then it goes down hill from there.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, dcpanther89 said:

7 round mock draft. Let’s see how each one of us would help the team this year and for the future. Below is a link to one of the more aesthetically pleasing mock draft sites. Utilize it and post a screenshot of who you’d go after if you were the Panthers GM. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

This site is a decent one listing strengths/weaknesses and allows for trades

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I did quite a bit of trades on that one, but it was interesting how the draft turned out in the 1st round for me

team logo
CAR 15.
Javon Kinlaw
DT South Carolina
trade icon
CAR 19.
Jedrick Wills
OT Alabama
trade icon
CAR 76.
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR USC