Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
WarPanthers89

CMC extension was a great move

5 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Team has a losing record with CmC as the focal point. Im not sure on this. Feels like we're overpaying. 

We probably are overpaying...so what?

CMC is our best player and is the face of our franchise

I'm totally cool with this deal to a 24 year old.

I would not be ok with deal if he were 28.

23 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Team has a losing record with CmC as the focal point. Im not sure on this. Feels like we're overpaying. 

“Team has a losing record in 2016 with Cam Newton as focal point.”

it’s a team game man, he’s our best player right now and we won’t be competing for a couple years.  I’m a huge fan of hard working players making their money and he’s earned this.  He’s a good locker room guy and a fantastic player.  

12 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

“Team has a losing record in 2016 with Cam Newton as focal point.”

it’s a team game man, he’s our best player right now and we won’t be competing for a couple years.  I’m a huge fan of hard working players making their money and he’s earned this.  He’s a good locker room guy and a fantastic player.  

Folks complain of Cam being brought up, nut huggers and such, yet he keeps being brought up by the ones who complained in the first place.

Dudes not on the team. Move on. CMC is on the team, and with him as the focal point, we stink. There is nothing wrong with anyone having any reservations with CMC becoming the highest paid RB when we have data on RBs, and how long term investments haven’t panned out here recently. Anyone who gets upset about one questioning the move is maybe just as much a “hugger” as the ones they liked to talk about.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Folks complain of Cam being brought up, nut huggers and such, yet he keeps being brought up by the ones who complained in the first place.

Dudes not on the team. Move on. CMC is on the team, and with him as the focal point, we stink. There is nothing wrong with anyone having any reservations with CMC becoming the highest paid RB when we have data on RBs, and how long term investments haven’t panned out here recently. Anyone who gets upset about one questioning the move is maybe just as much a “hugger” as the ones they liked to talk about.

Linville what u got to say about this?

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

Linville what u got to say about this?

Man, ole tattle tale self lol.

I can’t stand a grown man that’ll tell like my baby girl. You a grown man, dawg. All that and I said nothing wrong, lol. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I agree, QB is so much more important and I was a huge Cam fan.  We should’ve done more for him while he was here and I will miss his presence immensely.  I think he was underpaid for what he had to do while he was here and we should’ve done so much more for him, but yeah that’s water under the bridge.  

CMC isn’t just a RB though, he’s the best in the game and offers receiving skills no other RB does.  If someone disagrees that’s totally cool.  He deserves the deal and I’m glad we made it.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PandaMan said:

I agree, QB is so much more important and I was a huge Cam fan.  We should’ve done more for him while he was here and I will miss his presence immensely.  I think he was underpaid for what he had to do while he was here and we should’ve done so much more for him, but yeah that’s water under the bridge.  

CMC isn’t just a RB though, he’s the best in the game and offers receiving skills no other RB does.  If someone disagrees that’s totally cool.  He deserves the deal and I’m glad we made it.  

First paragraph: I don’t want to discuss the past, so I’ll agree with your water under the bridge comment.

Second comment: I can respect that, and even though I don’t like the fact we gave him the contract, we are all entitled to our opinions. While I won’t argue his stats (he’s been a beast the past 2 years), I will say I’m just not comfortable with giving a RB huge contracts (based off what we’ve seen in the past). 

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

First paragraph: I don’t want to discuss the past, so I’ll agree with your water under the bridge comment.

Second comment: I can respect that, and even though I don’t like the fact we gave him the contract, we are all entitled to our opinions. While I won’t argue his stats (he’s been a beast the past 2 years), I will say I’m just not comfortable with giving a RB huge contracts (based off what we’ve seen in the past). 

Fair enough man, big RB contracts usually don’t pan out so it’s kind of wishful thinking on my end.  People throw around “generational talent” a lot but I think CMC really is one of those guys.  We can hope for the best haha.  

5 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

All I have to say is:

Julio Jones makes an average of 22 million a season...

CMC impacts a game MORE than Jones does. His 16 million per year is not going to kill this team.

He is a top Running back and Wide receiver in the league

Dumb comparison

A WR receiving yards have more impact than a RB receiving yards. Mccaffrey best game receiving last season all ended in loses, why? cause teams are willing to let trailing teams dink and dunk all day long.

btw I’m not against paying him as long if we’re not tanking or giving him a long term contract 

AB2E20D3-614E-4D10-A318-DA9C3E44268B.thumb.jpeg.2f107769dcd7afad050f9bbf23d72743.jpeg

10 highest RB CAP hits last season.

Don’t think anything more needs to be said.

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

AB2E20D3-614E-4D10-A318-DA9C3E44268B.thumb.jpeg.2f107769dcd7afad050f9bbf23d72743.jpeg

10 highest RB CAP hits last season.

Don’t think anything more needs to be said.

I understand the point, but I think CMC is more important to his team than all those guys.  I’m probably coming off as a CMC nut hugger.  He’s just that fuging good though.  If he can stay healthy, he’s a monster

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Gee maybe our horrific 5-11 record had something to do with it

Hang on.. So you're telling me the guy we just extended put up a historic year and we still only won 5 games? 

People on here are acting like this extension is going to win us a super bowl haha

• Pie 1