Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Derrick Brown's tackling...

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I was JakeDel I dunno the rest for a while too. 

Oh, I was aware. It's just beyond stupid at this point. It's 2020, and still trying to censor people like they're Wal-Mart CD's. 

Here’s my genuine problem with you dude. If we had taken Simmons, I would have taken it in stride. A) I don’t control these picks and B) he’s got legit talent.

My problem with people like you is when you rant and cry over these picks like people did with Luke and CMC, rather than anticipating the upside. Then you make it worse by saying childish nonsense like “he’s just a run stopper” when many scouts had him ranked the second best player in the entire draft.

You probably thought CMC wasn’t fast or big enough and Luke wasn’t athletic enough and worse than Beason. You probably said the same moronic BS cause that’s what you idiots do.

Simmons has every opportunity to be a stud. But guess what. Brown does too. You are just a reactionary numpty butt hurt that we didn’t pick “your guy”

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

does anyone know how to ignore someone? I can't find the button.

It's under your settings.  It not a button, but a field you add their name to.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

It doesn't matter, Panthers are rebuilding as you stated. If you're rebuilding, you can keep him and keep building around him on defense. Rhules on a 7 year deal, Tepper said it's going to be a while. Why not? 

Keep him and do what with him??  Watch him fail and not develop then leave.. Because you don't have the foundation around him to be successful.. LB need DT , DT don't need great LB..

Do you start building  a house from the bathroom 1st?? Seriously that's the analogy of building a defense from a 4-3 olb 1st mentality.  Its not even debatable anymore.   Good teams build from the trenches..  

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It's under your settings.  It not a button, but a field you add their name to.

lets goooo

10 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Here’s my genuine problem with you dude. If we had taken Simmons, I would have taken it in stride. A) I don’t control these picks and B) he’s got legit talent.

My problem with people like you is when you rant and cry over these picks like people did with Luke and CMC, rather than anticipating the upside. Then you make it worse by saying childish nonsense like “he’s just a run stopper” when many scouts had him ranked the second best player in the entire draft.

You probably thought CMC wasn’t fast or big enough and Luke wasn’t athletic enough and worse than Beason. You probably said the same moronic BS cause that’s what you idiots do.

Simmons has every opportunity to be a stud. But guess what. Brown does too. You are just a reactionary numpty butt hurt that we didn’t pick “your guy”

That's the difference, I was okay with CMC, and I was okay with Luke, and at first I didn't like the Cam pick, but I admit I was wrong on that one and he was the right pick at the right time. 

This one, I just thought Simmons was the common sense choice if he fell. Sure, the Panthers have more holes to fill than Lisa Ann on defense. But, I thought Simmons made the most sense. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if Brown balls out. And I'll tell you I was and you're right, I just don't see it with his film. He's got a lot of room to develop and grow though. 

12 hours ago, ncfan said:

Because he was drafted by the Panthers, Panther fans will love this.

If he would have been drafted by the Saints or Falcons, Panther fans would have brought this up crying and whining all the way before a UCF fan would have even remembered the play.

• Beer 1

Guys is / will be nasty. Stud DTs have been the lynchpin of all the great Panther teams.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

That's the difference, I was okay with CMC, and I was okay with Luke, and at first I didn't like the Cam pick, but I admit I was wrong on that one and he was the right pick at the right time. 

This one, I just thought Simmons was the common sense choice if he fell. Sure, the Panthers have more holes to fill than Lisa Ann on defense. But, I thought Simmons made the most sense. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if Brown balls out. And I'll tell you I was and you're right, I just don't see it with his film. He's got a lot of room to develop and grow though. 

I don’t need you to ever tell me that. I need you to not act like he’s a garbage pick when literally everyone agrees he’s a blue chip player that would go top 3 in most drafts. You are acting like he’s a scrub just because he’s not who you wanted. It’s fine that he wasn’t the guy you wanted but it’s not okay to make up reasons why it’s a BS pick and downplay his very obvious immense ability and athleticism. Again. The dude was the unanimous SEC defensive player of the year. Yet you refer to him as just a run stopper. That’s just so misleading and untrue 

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t need you to ever tell me that. I need you to not act like he’s a garbage pick when literally everyone agrees he’s a blue chip player that would go top 3 in most drafts. You are acting like he’s a scrub just because he’s not who you wanted. It’s fine that he wasn’t the guy you wanted but it’s not okay to make up reasons why it’s a BS pick and downplay his very obvious immense ability and athleticism. Again. The dude was the unanimous SEC defensive player of the year. Yet you refer to him as just a run stopper. That’s just so misleading and untrue 

I never said he was a garbage pick. The pick makes a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things, or I'm lost and they actually want to try to win this year. Which would make no sense. 

I mean, the man was quoted as saying he thinks he's more than a run stopper. So, there is some merit to that opinion, because he's clearly heard it from somewhere or someone. Again, I hope I'm wrong and he becomes Aaron Donald 2.0, or a mix between Star and Donald. 

Looks to me like that RB tried to spear him by going pretty low, he got what he deserved imo

11 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Don’t mistake what I’m about to say for defending that. But if you take that one play to paint the picture, it’s definitely not going to be accurate. 

Brown is praised as being a high character guy and a leader. And I imagine nearly every person on this board has been in a competitive scenario where they let their emotions get the best of them. It happens. Especially in a sport where you physically punish the guy across from you on every play.

And honestly we have needed a little nasty attitude on this defense for awhile now. I would certainly hope this isn’t how Brown plays every game, but I have no evidence suggesting it is. Quite the opposite in fact. I hear he is a very high character guy from pretty much everyone that talks about him.

But if he can be a high character guy with a lot of mean on the field during clutch situations, that’s probably exactly what this defense needs 

Hell, in the heat of the moment, how can he be expected to know which end of that body the head's on?

• Pie 1

SAME stuff every year.

Nobody every wants to take a DT or OT unless we are in the middle of the season and everything is going to crap.

When draft time rolls around, its all about who is the fast guy.  We want every wide receiver and CB that runs under a 4.5.  That is all this board knows is the combine and the tale of the tape.

2 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

This place has gotten worse, to be fair. And no, I just state my opinion, and people don't like it. Pretty simple. Isn't that what Forum's are for? 

They are certainly for stating one's opinion.  But if you state it over and over and over, and after 41 posts, you get only 1 like, you might start to get the hint, no?

A poster who over-strives to buck the trend of the majority opinion, as you do, and tries to hammer that minority opinion home, is a TROLL.

Now I'm sure you won't be able to resist sniping back at me, but it'll be the last interaction between the 2 of us, I assure you.  Maybe you could find a team you like, and go post there...

15 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4e978f0e9b0cb1a4Screenshot_20200423-221708_Twitter.jpg

Is that good? That seems good.

I think he's the interior chase young talent wise, imo we stole him at 7. If not for the qbs and imo stupid tackle selection he never falls.