Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Scot

Day 3 Draft Discussion

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he's still available, Donovan Peoples-Jones would be a really intriguing pick in the 6th. Peoples-Jones and Netane Muti are my favorites for the next pick. Also worth noting that Kenny Willekes is still currently available and he's a guy we've been connected to and reportedly like.

We may as well finish off this draft all defense if you ask me, lol.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

We may as well finish off this draft all defense if you ask me, lol.

You might be right. If I had to guess, I would probably say that Willekes will be the pick.

Dang, Peyton looks like Archie all of s sudden

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You might be right. If I had to guess, I would probably say that Willekes will be the pick.

How about Strnad out of WF?

Posted (edited)

McDermott's kid sure has a full head of hair. McDermott himself hasn't had that in decades.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Not even sure if they are still available.

Yasir Durant OT mizzu

Kindle Vildor CB GA so

Hakeem Adeniji OG kansas

Joe Bachie LB mich st

Justin Strnad LB wake

• Pie 1

OL options are pretty much gone.  The only offensive position I would even be remotely interested in drafting would be WR.  Even then we 10 on the roster now.

Screw it, finish the draft out all on defense.  DT, DE, CB, OLB or ILB in preferred order.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

Dang, Peyton looks like Archie all of s sudden

Archie never had a fivehead.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

Trey Wingo just said day 3 picks make up 65% of NFL rosters . That’s why late round picks are important . Really every pick 

Not to correct you but it also included UDFAs which is a huge pool of players. I think UDFAs have better total #s in terms of starters and pro bowlers than 6th and 7th rounders. Again, there’s way more UDFAs than 32 guys in a round so it’s a numbers game. That said the number of “hits” from UDFAs are bigger than the late rounds.

Edited by stbugs

There are still good OG left in the draft. We are going to take Blankenship in the 7th if he is there. 

18 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

Trey Wingo just said day 3 picks make up 65% of NFL rosters . That’s why late round picks are important . Really every pick 

This is partially economically driven. You've got to have those cheap late rounders on your roster to make the salary cap.

Gonna homer-up again and say the only offensive player I'd take a flyer on at this point is Auburn LT Prince Tega Wanogho.  Dude has been as damaged by this COVID-19 crisis as any player in the draft, having to have his knee scoped and then no team being able to do any follow-up on that since.  Has fallen from the edge of the 1st round as a prospect to almost the 6th round now.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Miami is quietly have a good day today. Wasn’t a fan of their day 1 and day 2 picks as they had the capital to clean up. That said Kindley, Strowbridge and Weaver is pretty solid for 4th and 5th rounders.