Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Scot

NFL: The Imperial Quarterback...

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would truly HATE to be famous. I'm not sure I would give up my public anonymity for anything. I couldn't imagine not being able to go to a restaurant, head to the grocery store, go grab a beer, etc. without being recognized and hounded. I would make an honest effort to be kind to fans because at the end of the day they're the reason you're able to have the life that you have, but damn... it would get old FAST.

I really question the people that pine for that sort of fame and public recognition. 

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would truly HATE to be famous. I'm not sure I would give up my public anonymity for anything. I couldn't imagine not being able to go to a restaurant, head to the grocery store, go grab a beer, etc. without being recognized and hounded. I would make an honest effort to be kind to fans because at the end of the day they're the reason you're able to have the life that you have, but damn... it would get old FAST.

Yeah, I definitely would want money and power over fame.  What I found interesting is seeing people who have hung out with Odell Beckham explain just how ultra famous he is.  They say even stars get star struck and come running up to him wanting autographs and pics when they see him out in public. LOL

1 hour ago, MMA said:

Do you remember the 2015 offense around Cam Newton? 

Me: "Aaron Rodgers, Packers"

Your response: "Hey let's talk about the 2015 Carolina Panthers!"

Aaron Rodgers was the puzzle piece that made many of those Packers teams look legit...when they were not.  Without him, the entire deck of cards comes crashing down.  I hope there is a series of events that leads to A-Aron leaving the Packers, so people can see how good he really is.

• Poo 1

46 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I really question the people that pine for that sort of fame and public recognition. 

I don't think it's the fame itself that people want so much as it is the perks that come with it.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Yeah, I definitely would want money and power over fame.  What I found interesting is seeing people who have hung out with Odell Beckham explain just how ultra famous he is.  They say even stars get star struck and come running up to him wanting autographs and pics when they see him out in public. LOL

Me: "Aaron Rodgers, Packers"

Your response: "Hey let's talk about the 2015 Carolina Panthers!"

Aaron Rodgers was the puzzle piece that made many of those Packers teams look legit...when they were not.  Without him, the entire deck of cards comes crashing down.  I hope there is a series of events that leads to A-Aron leaving the Packers, so people can see how good he really is.

More along the line of guys like Clay Matthews, Bj Raji, Hawk, Jordy Nelson and plenty others than just Rodgers. Most overrated QB of all time and the biggest crybaby ever

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think it's the fame itself that people want so much as it is the perks that come with it.

Yeah, you have to live a completely different way in public. I know it would wear on me, and everyone isn't always going to catch you in your best mood or moment.

I remember the one thing Rick Pitino said talking to Bob Valvano once, about celebrity, is that he always found it easier to stop his meal (or whatever), smile, take the picture and be grateful than to try and shoo people away. Even when he wasn't in his best mood or it wasn't the best time, it was always easier to embrace those moments than try and push them away.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eh....I disagree. A lot of that ends up being the actual quest for that adulation. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh....I disagree. A lot of that ends up being the actual quest for that adulation. 

I see the adulation as one of the perks.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I see the adulation as one of the perks.

I don't think the average person would agree. The things it comes with are unsavory

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I don't think the average person would agree. The things it comes with are unsavory

Certain parts of it, yeah.

But the people who truly seek fame don't necessarily see it that way. They see themselves being rich and famous and everybody loving them.

And if that were all there was to it, it'd probably be great.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, MMA said:

Rodgers is not a top 10 quarterback of all time

13th in passing yds all time
1st in lowest INT % all time
8th in Passing TDs all time
9th in Passing TD %
1st Passing Rating all time
Superbowl winner

Yes... He's top ten of all. He may be an jerk. But he's really good. 

We never really know what people are like behind closed doors or when the camera is off 

growing up in the DC area, I saw enough of joe theiseman  at charity events and other things to know I never, ever wanted to be around him.  His vibe was awful. because my Father owned a business in Northern VA, I met a few others who were pretty nice but who knows 

Cam Newton can be a man child and he can be cringeworthy because he is a man child, but he has grown up a lot and meeting him and spending time around him in Sept via Zacks cruise for Newton’s foundation on lake Norman totally changed my view of him.
We were by no means rich people, there were no rich or famous people on that boat, but he could not have been kinder to everyone or more respectful.   So much better than I ever expected.  He lights the room up when in it

as I stay uptown after the games, several times leaving a restaurant,  I would see him giving out pizzas or Jimmy Johns on the streets to homeless   No cameras, just him  sometimes one or two of his friends with him 

I could never imagine a Rodgers or a Farve or a Brady doing such things 

Cam was not perfect on or off the field but I will never forget him, always wish him well, and on Sundays, I’ll miss him 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Bytes said:

13th in passing yds all time
1st in lowest INT % all time
8th in Passing TDs all time
9th in Passing TD %
1st Passing Rating all time
Superbowl winner

Yes... He's top ten of all. He may be an jerk. But he's really good. 

I wanna see who you take Rodgers over in the top 10. 

Edited by MMA

I think Bob McGinn's take is spot on.

Rodgers has to be seriously pissed --- gonna be real interesting to see how he reacts.

7 hours ago, MMA said:

We all could find positive and negative things in every person. My sister and GF used to work in uptown CLT. So they had a studio on Graham St. I used to go to Target and Chipotle all the time. I met Drayton Florence and Fozzy Whittaker shopping together at Target. They were very kind. Both could tell that I knew who they were and how excited I was. Spoke to them for a short minute and even took a couple pictures with my GF and I. Later on, I met Luke Kuechly at Chipotle. I was right behind him in line. Asked to take a picture with him which I did get. But, Luke acted like he didn’t really want to talk and seemed annoyed. It kind of rub me the wrong way. Made me regret getting the picture because I’m such a huge Luke Kuechly fan. 

I've seen Luke in person a good bit. One of the defensive linemen was my neighbor a few years back, and he'd be over there for dinner, video games, etc. Really low key guy. Very polite, but always seemed uncomfortable with the attention. I never asked him for a picture because it was his personal time, and I'm a grown man. What am I going to do with a picture of me and Luke Kuechly?! Just be glad you're in an area that allows you to bump into some of your sports heroes and leave it at that. They just want to eat their freaking Chipotle in peace. Besides, all the real stalkers know that Luke is more of a RoCo or Thai Taste kind of guy, lol. 

16 hours ago, nickzz said:

bob mcginn is apparently a total shithead reporter according to green bay fans so this is probably total bs

I think McGinn is actually a pretty good reporter.

But regardless of what you think of him, he's far from the only one characterizing Aaron Rodgers as an a--hole.