Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Tepper speaks, says "some fans" should be at games this year

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper told CNBC on Wednesday that he believes the NFL could play games this season with "some fans" in attendance. 

"There should be some amount of fans in the stadiums, depending on what locale and where you are and what the local rules are. There could possibly be," the billionaire hedge fund manager said on "Halftime Report."

"You won't be having full stadiums, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fans in the stadium either," he said. "If you're comfortable being in a closed airplane for a cross-country trip, 18 inches apart, maybe with two seats in between you and being 5 feet away from each other, you might be comfortable in an open-air stadium." 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/13/panthers-owner-david-tepper-thinks-the-nfl-could-play-games-this-year-with-some-fans-in-stadiums.html?__twitter_impression=true

In my personal view this is about as optimistic as anyone can be at this point. Games without any fans is far more likely.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

" In my personal view this is about as optimistic as anyone can be at this point. Games without any fans is far more likely."

No fans? There goes home field advantage.

Edited by KatsAzz

Just now, KatsAzz said:

There is no difference in having 0 fans or 25% of fans in terms of home field advantage. Won't be loud enough to do anything at all.

1 minute ago, Dex said:

Will anyone be able to tell the difference between "some fans" and the usual BoA crowd?

During a rebuild year? Not really

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

...so who decides who goes and who does not ?

The team of course. I see 2 possibilities.

1. Refund all PSL tickets bought and sell them again with some sort of lottery system. Wouldn't surprise me if they jacked up the prices since it's a more exclusive product.

2. Rotate PSL ticket holders on multi game basis. 3 games. I/3 at each one.

At least it's a rebuilding year. A refund is actually attractive to me this year.

Edited by goodoleboy
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, goodoleboy said:

The team of course. I see 2 possibilities.

1. Refund all PSL tickets bought and sell them again with some sort of lottery system. Wouldn't surprise me if they jacked up the prices since it's a more exclusive product.

2. Rotate PSL ticket holders on multi game basis. 3 games. I/3 at each one.

At least it's a rebuilding year. A refund is actually attractive to me this year.

Me as well 

would not break my heart to receive a refund 

PSL death match before every gane

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

...so who decides who goes and who does not ?

Me.

• Pie 2

I'm sure the Saints will bring a case to the Supreme Court as to why they should have a full stadium per their typical butthurt logic.

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

No fans? There goes home field advantage.

LOL! By week four BOA would be looking like it was a Panthers away game with PSL owners selling in droves to rival fans.

falcons stadium will still be rocking with them pumping in fan noise

• Pie 1