Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Cam is the only QB left unsigned.

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It depends. If he is going to be a backup he needs to be able to be a plug and play guy because the offense should be built around QB1s skill set.

If he is going to be QB1, then yes, he should have the offense made to suit his strengths and minimize his deficiencies.

I would say most offenses in the NFL are not built around Cams playing style. That makes it much harder for him to just step in an take over a starter goes down. Add in his own admission of difficulty with remembering the play calling system, and he becomes less desirable. 

Don't get me wrong, Cam has the potential to still be a starting quarterback in this league. I just think his road to get there is going to be a lot more challenging than expected.

Intersting...thanks for the perspective.

So, if I’m clear here: teams are offering physicals right now, yet, none have reached out to Newton for a medical eval, and yet, these teams have all the information they need to make a thorough decision on Cam’s health status? 

Not sure how the rest the NFL could fully see what the Panthers saw, when they—quite literally—have yet to actually see Newton. 

I mean, unless they’re just hearing nightmare stories from his former employer, in which case they would still be doing themselves a disservice by not bringing Newton in for a physical and a chat.

Edited by ellis

There are a number of possibilities right now, including Newton pumping the brakes on this entire process, given the nature of the entire league structure right now.

It’s also possible his foot isn’t quite ready to pass that physical yet. That certainly doesn’t mean it won’t be in a month, or maybe two. And yes, perhaps that shoulder won’t last another three years. But, there’s also a possibility it will hold up just fine.

1 hour ago, ellis said:

So, if I’m clear here: teams are offering physicals right now, yet, none have reached out to Newton for a medical eval, and yet, these teams have all the information they need to make a thorough decision on Cam’s health status? 

Not sure how the rest the NFL could fully see what the Panthers saw, when they—quite literally—have yet to actually see Newton.

Anyone needing to see Cam can do so here:

https://www.instagram.com/cameron1newton/?hl=en

If an in person chat is desired Wheels Up has been operating as usual the entire time.

Edited by RASTAN66

1 hour ago, ellis said:

I mean, unless they’re just hearing nightmare stories....

Now you're onto something.

In human beings "health" is constituted in two forms...physical...and mental. 

Edited by RASTAN66