Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky Spanish

Steve Smith's Top 5 Teammates

steve smith is the last person to consult when it comes to being a good teammate. have to believe making excuses for his attacks on his teammates and just generally staying out of his way are the keys to making it to the top of his list.

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

steve smith is the last person to consult when it comes to being a good teammate. have to believe making excuses for his attacks on his teammates and just generally staying out of his way are the keys to making it to the top of his list.

smith is a ticking time bomb and he knows it. the people on this list are the people who he knows can help him on and off the field when he gets out of hand. every one of them is a mentor in one way or another.

Edited by nosuchthingasapanther

1 minute ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

smith is a ticking time bomb and he knows it. the people on this list are the people who he knows can help him on and off the field when he gets out of hand. every one of them is a mentor in one way or another.

that's an article worth writing. not a lot of clear introspection here though you can understand his process in picking these guys. i've gotten the impression since he retired that he's trying to clean up his past for a bid for canton but it falls more on the side of erasure

• Flames 1

29 minutes ago, DeSim said:

Where's Ken Lucas on the list???

Probably next to Anthony Bright

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I have no qualms with 89’s list, it’s entirely up to him. At first I was like “Luke?” But then I realized they were only teammates for two seasons. 

Why do people expect Cam to be on the list?

Didn't follow American Football back then so I have no idea about their relationship. Reading the motivation for Olsen, it sounds he doesn't think highly of Cam and take shots at him indirectly. 

Could be that my english is a lot worse than I think. :omg:

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Slightly surprised that Jake was not on the list. 

Me too. I think Jake may have been as well.

I thought Kasay would have been on the list.  At OTAs, that seemed to be his buddy

Let me guess.

1) His ego

and the next 4 due to the space it requires. The HOF should keep him in limbo, this version of him is much preferred.

Only surprise is no mention of Kasay. Smith has mentioned before how much he admired him.