Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

Eric Reid goes off on NFL

Posted (edited)

There goes the paltry sum I banked the NFL “donating” to BLM because of Brees’ bigotry yesterday :eyeroll:

Edited by rico6

18 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Reid is a selfish false martyr.  I haven’t seen a single thing that he has done to truly advance the very cause he bitches so much about.  He wants the media attention,  but doesn’t want to put in the work.  

The one minutes and forty seconds is all in a days work for Eric.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

An Abuse of Sacred Symbols”: Trump, a Bible, and a Sanctuary | The ...

Its a book but it's not about me.  Or is it?

7 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Tinderbox in the main forum, NOPE!

source.gif

Sorry that real life invaded your safe space.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Gesualdo said:

Sorry that real life invaded your safe space.

Lyl have fun my guy, post to your hearts content.

Where does the 20 million go?  What is its purpose?  How does money help?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Reid is a selfish false martyr.  I haven’t seen a single thing that he has done to truly advance the very cause he bitches so much about.  He wants the media attention,  but doesn’t want to put in the work.  

You mean he wasn't the first person to kneel with Kaep?

Oh wait... he was... :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

This is where you move the goalposts and start specifying certain acts that in your eyes qualify as doing something, but until then if you wouldn't mind humming a little bit to hold me over that would advance my cause :hearteyes:

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, stirs said:

Where does the 20 million go?  What is its purpose?  How does money help?

The 20 million dollar question

If the NFL wasn't there, and the other pro sports leagues, how many hundreds and probably thousands of AA families would not be set for their lives, all the way through the next couple of generations in some cases. It has been a Godsend for many many people. True or false?

I mean, please, tell me again how professional athletes are oppressed in this day and age.

This is what I am seeing:  white people run it, so they must be oppressing everyone. .

Its a very good thing this money is being given. Why are we not just given the money from this organization's directly to the black family's of America. 

8 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

surprised Eric hasn't signed yet, this won't help. 

He wasn't a top-30 safety last year or the year before...

...the new talent has passed him by.

7 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

See yourself out...

Of what Big D? This thread? Nah, I'll stick around and annoy you instead.

13 hours ago, AggieLean said:

The same NFL that said they weren’t blackballing Kaep? Now you have those inside, or who were inside, saying different.

You took them on their word with that, too lol

I've always been in support of Kaep's message. I haven't, however, been the biggest supporter of  his on the field skill set.

16 hours ago, onmyown said:

Because people want someone to direct energy towards and be angry about. If that is taken away, they’re lost.

Point being, it doesn’t matter what the NFL does. You can’t please everyone and some people will never be happy.  If we as people trying to change what’s going on do not accept and understand this,  as well as the fact that change does not happen overnight, focus will be lost and as you said things will collapse.

psychological change doesn't take time.  it happens in an instant once you actually see the problem.  you can't see the problem when you have a troubled mind.  we're not talking about changing a mountain pass into a road, or a plot of land into a hospital - those things take time.  we're talking about perceiving a reality so many people seem to have a hard time perceiving because they have too many problems in the way already.  some of those issues are anger, fear, prejudice, and loads and loads of strange beliefs.   drew brees beliefs get in the way of his ability to love a lot.  he has provided a lot of support to NO but he has religious beliefs that get in the way of his support of the black, lgtbqi, and other communities.  his beliefs are more important to him than love and compassion.  this is the issue so many people have.   christianity teaches that belief is the most important thing in your life.   this is a giant obstacle.   your beliefs can never be complete.  they are all based on incomplete information.  they come from memory, knowledge and experience. each one of those can be added onto, and has been since you were born.  if you lived 1000 years they would be added on to for 1000 years.  they can never be complete, they will always be based on limited information.  beliefs aren't worth having for this very reason.   all they do is make you perceive the world with things in the way so you don't get a clear picture.  if you don't have a clear picture you can't see the problem.     gravity is a fact.   believing a god likes or dislikes something is not.  beliefs are just a way to shield yourself from the greater reality inside and outside of what we think we are.  its a fact we have a racism and inequality issue in this country.  being able to clearly see that takes no time at all.